• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

faisad

faisad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2

is in the market. search for CPU and should appear in the liste. By the way I recomend better the No-frills CPU control, which works with not rooted phones.

Thanks

Vinicius Oliveira

Vinicius Oliveira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
My Omnia have a I8000L Phone Part. I can use a I8000(Phone_I8000XXIL2.bin) without problems ?

In this post (http://www.modaco.co...g-rom-on-i8000/) tacchan23 wrote: Rodrigofd suspects the same applies to CSC image, but for obvious reasons (different bands) he assumes Phone part is strictly incompatible between i8000 and i8000L..

Edited by Vinicius Oliveira, 12 June 2011 - 08:33 PM.

emem666

emem666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II i8000
60 hours max? will it get any better with future releases? for me it's unacceptable. still nice to see android ported to omnia II.

dabiz

dabiz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia II

60 hours max? will it get any better with future releases? for me it's unacceptable. still nice to see android ported to omnia II.

unacceptable? are you really geting better results under windows? For me it never last more than two days with practical no use...

By the way, today is holiday where I live and I didn't touch the phone in the whole day:
11h40m since unplugged
85% battery

pretty good results in my opinion

Edited by dabiz, 13 June 2011 - 06:41 PM.

Extremegmx

Extremegmx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I8000

unacceptable? are you really geting better results under windows? For me it never last more than two days with practical no use...

@offtopic: Well with WM I get around 4-5 days with regular use. Maybe is there something wrong with your ROM, battery ?

dabiz

dabiz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia II

@offtopic: Well with WM I get around 4-5 days with regular use. Maybe is there something wrong with your ROM, battery ?

Wow I never reach such uptime value. Did you use a shell like SPB or Sense? I always did and I heard that it was something that could short battery life.

By the way, how much time do you get with android? I get more or less the same with windows (and shells) than with android...

Extremegmx

Extremegmx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I8000
Yes I'm using HTC sense and to be specific, latest MS Team WP7 ROM.
For android :

My experiences last four days with (I8000XXIL2): With normal/overall usage I get around 36-40h(from this 12h airplane mode) ;)
Btw I'm using setCPU 266-800MHz,task panel for killing apps and minfreemanager.

EDIT: With 3G on and CPU Tuner : max 22h.( from this 7h airplane mode)

Edited by Extremegmx, 14 June 2011 - 10:08 PM.

alexovy

alexovy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i8000
PDA: XXIJ9
CSC: SOIJ2
PHONE: DXIJ1

3G ON, DATA ON: max 24h;
2G ONLY, DATA ON: max 36h;
2G ONLY, DATA OFF: max 48h.

Leeds

Leeds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II     Galaxy S II

I used to barely get through the day with JJ1. even if mostly in sleep mode...
Today, I unplugged the phone at 8AM (it was charging overnight) and it is now past 11.30PM, I had no calls, no texts, no nothing (rarely happens, but today it did) and I still have 82% left!!
I did cheat, though. ;)
Cheat #1: Phone part IL1
Cheat #2: The infamous "turn airplane mode on, wait for sleep, wait a bit, wake up, turn airplane mode off" hack.
Cheat #3: CPU Tuner (pretty much standard "screen off" setting)

And unbelievable. It works.

After 15h 7m 28s unplugged -> Cell standby 65%, Phone idle 35%
I do have a very high "Time without signal" though, 75%. But I live in an area where I have to leave the house to make a call. Still, no airplane mode, the phone was on and searching for networks.
Amazing! :P

PDA: XXIJ9
CSC: SOIJ2
PHONE: DXIJ1

3G ON, DATA ON: max 24h;
2G ONLY, DATA ON: max 36h;
2G ONLY, DATA OFF: max 48h.

Sorry I've been pretty busy last few days
Those are both really good battery life results!
Thanks for sharing guys, I've updated the first post :D

Nelson Neoh

Nelson Neoh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2
Anybody has a hints how to execute the root script?

Should direct on the phone or how? Please provide steps if possible.
Appreciate any help. ;)

@2011/6/14, finally my i8000 started to...
RUNNING on Android Froyo~!
What an amazing of life!

MOD: SpicagenMod Beta1; core:2.6.32.9
Software: CPU Tunner / Clock Sync / Mobisle / iReader / Screenshot ER / Pure Grid Calendar / Home Launcher Pro

mur4d

mur4d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ipaq
There seems to be bug, where the system consumes a lot of power in Standby. This doesn´t happen all the time. Until the problem fixed the only thing you can do is rebooting the phone. Your phone should work normally for a while, until the system again drains your battery. It is hard to tell what the exact problem is, but it seems that some hardware-driver fails going into Standby and Android constantly tries to shut it down.

Edited by mur4d, 25 June 2011 - 08:52 PM.

Leeds

Leeds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
Ok guys, this might interest some of you
I've updated my PHONE part from XXIJ2 to XXJJ1 about 4 days ago

My Omnia is a I8000L model and everything is working fine, I didn't had to use an specific L PHONE part.

But here is the greatest news, wich proves (at least in my case), that changing the PHONE part really affects the battery life on Android:

Before updating I've made a final test too see how much time the battery would last while phone was sleeping
Both tests were made with the same CPU Tuner config, same programs installed and 3G ON.
So I went to sleep and set my alarm to wake me up 8 hours later, the result speaks for itself:

XXIJ2
Phone Sleeping: After 8 hours the phone was dead. (not sure when it shutdown)

XXJJ1
Phone Sleeping: After 8 hours the phone had 93% battery left.

Also, after 12 hours of daily use (sms, calls, music, games) it still has 50-60% battery left!
Too bad I still couldn't fix my market problem but hey, at least now I can use android for the entire day! :)

My advice would be, if you are having battery life issues, update the PHONE part!
I hope this is helpful for you guys too!
Thanks all!

Edited by Leeds, 26 June 2011 - 07:15 AM.

faisad

faisad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2

Ok guys, this might interest some of you
I've updated my PHONE part from XXIJ2 to XXJJ1 about 4 days ago

My Omnia is a I8000L model and everything is working fine, I didn't had to use an specific L PHONE part.
But here is the greatest news, wich proves (at least in my case), that changing the PHONE part really affects the battery life on Android:

Before updating I've made a final test too see how much time the battery would last while phone was sleeping
Both tests were made with the same CPU Tuner config, same programs installed and 3G ON.
So I went to sleep and set my alarm to wake me up 8 hours later, the result speaks for itself:

XXIJ2
Phone Sleeping: After 8 hours the phone was dead. (not sure when it shutdown)

XXJJ1
Phone Sleeping: After 8 hours the phone had 93% battery left.

Also, after 12 hours of daily use (sms, calls, music, games) it still has 50-60% battery left!
Too bad I still couldn't fix my market problem but hey, at least now I can use android for the entire day! :)

My advice would be, if you are having battery life issues, update the PHONE part!
I hope this is helpful for you guys too!
Thanks all!

where can i download the XXIJ1

Leeds

Leeds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
I believe you're talking about XXJJ1, I've downloaded it from here:
http://www.modaco.co...are-i8000nxjj1/

Hope it helps :)

ftd01

ftd01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2
i installed cpu tuner it is amaizing. My battery life is very good now. It is %30 after 2 days. It was only 7 hours before.
Thanks

carlospaco

carlospaco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

I believe you're talking about XXJJ1, I've downloaded it from here:
http://www.modaco.co...are-i8000nxjj1/

Hope it helps :)

Hey Leeds, i did flash my phone with XXJJ1, and it's better , battery is going longer. Not as long with you. BUT do you use cpu tuner also and what are your settings? I am using setcpu , is there much different ?
Thanks

carlospaco

carlospaco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

i installed cpu tuner it is amaizing. My battery life is very good now. It is %30 after 2 days. It was only 7 hours before.
Thanks

Hey , what are you settings, because by me it doesn't last that long.
Thanks

Leeds

Leeds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Hey Leeds, i did flash my phone with XXJJ1, and it's better , battery is going longer. Not as long with you. BUT do you use cpu tuner also and what are your settings? I am using setcpu , is there much different ?
Thanks

Hi there carlos
I am glad flasing the PHONE part worked for you too :)

Well, SetCPU never worked the way I wanted but a lot of people use it and say it's good
I use CPUtuner instead, wich in my opinion, is better than SetCPU
I am using the pre-configured automatic settings and it's working pretty good so far..

What CPUtuner automatic settings does is trigger profiles depending on the % battery left on your phone, for instance:

If battery is 85-100%, my profile is performance (Virtual Governor set to Full speed, CPU Governor set to Conservative, 400-800Mhz)
If battery is 65-84%, my profile is good (Virtual Governor set to Normal, CPU Governor set to Conservative, 400-800Mhz)
If battery is 45-64%, my profile is normal (Virtual Governor set to Powersave, CPU Governor set to Conservative, 66-800Mhz)
If battery is 25-44%, my profile is powersave (Virtual Governor set to Extreme Powersave, CPU Governor set to Conservative, 66-800Mhz, Forces 2G only)
If battery is 1-24%, my profile is extreme powersave (Virtual Governor set to Extreme Powersave, CPU Governor set to Conservative, 66-400Mhz, Forces 2G only, Sync/WiFi/BT OFF)

And it goes much deeper than that, you can set individual triggers for each action, like when you are making a call, you can set the trigger to activate the performance profile even if you have like 20% battery left, then, as soon as the call end it will go back to the original profile, wich was extreme powersave..

You might think it will be too complicated but the whole profile, triggers, virtual governor config thing were done automatically by CPUtuner, after that you just have to do some minor tweaks :rolleyes:

As you can see I really like CPUtuner lol
Why wouldn't I? It does the job pretty well :rolleyes:
I hope it helps

Edited by Leeds, 29 June 2011 - 10:29 PM.

carlospaco

carlospaco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Hi there carlos
I am glad flasing the PHONE part worked for you too :)

Well, SetCPU never worked the way I wanted but a lot of people use it and say it's good
I use CPUtuner instead, wich in my opinion, is better than SetCPU
I am using the pre-configured automatic settings and it's working pretty good so far..

What CPUtuner automatic settings does is trigger profiles depending on the % battery left on your phone, for instance:

If battery is 85-100%, my profile is performance (Virtual Governor set to Full speed, CPU Governor set to Conservative, 400-800Mhz)
If battery is 65-84%, my profile is good (Virtual Governor set to Normal, CPU Governor set to Conservative, 400-800Mhz)
If battery is 45-64%, my profile is normal (Virtual Governor set to Powersave, CPU Governor set to Conservative, 66-800Mhz)
If battery is 25-44%, my profile is powersave (Virtual Governor set to Extreme Powersave, CPU Governor set to Conservative, 66-800Mhz, Forces 2G only)
If battery is 1-24%, my profile is extreme powersave (Virtual Governor set to Extreme Powersave, CPU Governor set to Conservative, 66-400Mhz, Forces 2G only, Sync/WiFi/BT OFF)

And it goes much deeper than that, you can set individual triggers for each action, like when you are making a call, you can set the trigger to activate the performance profile even if you have like 20% battery left, then, as soon as the call end it will go back to the original profile, wich was extreme powersave..

You might think it will be too complicated but the whole profile, triggers, virtual governor config thing were done automatically by CPUtuner, after that you just have to do some minor tweaks :rolleyes:

As you can see I really like CPUtuner lol
Why wouldn't I? It does the job pretty well :rolleyes:
I hope it helps

OK Thanks alot for your answer. I will try it out.
Greets

ftd01

ftd01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2

Hey , what are you settings, because by me it doesn't last that long.
Thanks

My wm rom is ms team and install android rom in mystorage
set cpu tuner
Govenor: normal
frequencies max: 800Mhz , min 133Mhz
No sod, no freeze. Android works fantastic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users