Unlocking San Fran 2

Guest downloader50

Guest ian_blade2

im just wondering with the zip file thats saying unlock sf2 where do i put it lol without sounding to stupid , i have clockwork recovery on my sf2 and im running sebastians modded rom although may have to re install as my keyboards still not working correct ...............

do i dump this file onto sd card ? and then go into clockwork recovery and do it this way or am i missing something many thanks ian..rolleyes.gif

Guest unrandomsam

im just wondering with the zip file thats saying unlock sf2 where do i put it lol without sounding to stupid , i have clockwork recovery on my sf2 and im running sebastians modded rom although may have to re install as my keyboards still not working correct ...............

do i dump this file onto sd card ? and then go into clockwork recovery and do it this way or am i missing something many thanks ian..rolleyes.gif

Follow the Skate unlock instructions including the bit about backing up nvitems with QPST

but use those files instead.

Guest Simon O

What about if you plug it in with battery out and both volume keys held. (Should go straight to download mode).

Failing it that you can use the V880 flasher to flash recovery and the rest of the files without anything working (Works using only download mode).

http://www.mediafire...m1wd4ktfkbd5amh

Use the entire directory from the stock rom thread that I just uploaded. (It will be able to be recovered).

Option 5 on Hedgepigdaniels blade unbrick thread

(Ignore the warnings because they are not important as you will use QPST to restore the qcn file. Restoring the IMEI and wifi mac address)

None of those worked. Phone can go into download mode but the zte flasher always gives me "skip to armprg fail!"

Guest unrandomsam

None of those worked. Phone can go into download mode but the zte flasher always gives me "skip to armprg fail!"

What recovery have you got ?

Try fastbooting the roamer one and the stock tmobile one. (The key combo is different I think to what it was - power + home + vol+

(Its possible that oemsbl and recovery have to be matched and they are not).

There is something you can do with PSAS/Revskills as well.

Guest Simon O

What recovery have you got ?

Try fastbooting the roamer one and the stock tmobile one. (The key combo is different I think to what it was - power + home + vol+

(Its possible that oemsbl and recovery have to be matched and they are not).

There is something you can do with PSAS/Revskills as well.

No hard home button on this. Tried combinations of volume and power but doesn't appear to be any shortcut into fastboot.

Guest Adam Cable

OSF2 unlocked, courtesy of unrandomsam's OSF2 "Unlock_OSF2.zip" zip file.

Restored dumped NVitems qcn file to enable wifi to work, and all is great.

Much kudos to unrandomsam :)

Adam

Guest Manoj Tiwari

Adam

Adam,

For a newbie, can you please confirm the steps to follow to avoid bricking it. Thanks.

Guest Collywob

Adam,

For a newbie, can you please confirm the steps to follow to avoid bricking it. Thanks.

Hi

To all those that PM'd me

For debranding I used

http://android.modaco.com/topic/349014-rom-de-branded-rom-for-zte-blade-2orange-san-francisco-iit-mobile-vivacity-gingerbread/

for unlocking I used

http://android.modaco.com/topic/348403-want-to-unlock-your-omc-skate-tutorial-here/

and over wrote the download files with :

Unlock_OSF2.zip (18.05 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/TWKP44A5AD

Cheers and good luck :)

C

Edited by Collywob

Guest Sebastian404

No hard home button on this. Tried combinations of volume and power but doesn't appear to be any shortcut into fastboot.

can you not put the image.bin file onto an SD card and then hold down UP & DOWN?

Guest ian_blade2

colly wob which bebranded rom did u use then ?? and in short could u tell me how u unlock it using this file ?? im just a tad confused im debranded many thanks ian.rolleyes.gif

Hi guys,New to the forum, android phones and unlocking not using a code, have the OSF2 that I want to unlock, downloaded all the links and instructions, as a novice seems might be tricky for me without blowing the phone up (lol), how long do you think it will be before a method for inputting your imei number to generate the code appears?

Guest trueno2k

Adam

I see you got the OSF2 unlocked to any network, however, can you give us some images to show it's on a different network please? I think it's a bit dubious to think this phone can be unlocked so soon after release, sorry to be untrusting, but it would be nice to see results of people's success with pictures aswell ^_^...

on a side note, has anyone got round to unlocking the Vivacity using the same methods from the blade1/OSF1, OMC/Skate methods???

Guest Simon O

on a side note, has anyone got round to unlocking the Vivacity using the same methods from the blade1/OSF1, OMC/Skate methods???

post-697226-0-29548600-1322566204_thumb.

T-Mobile Vivacity unlocked B)

Confirmed working with O2 and 3UK SIMs.

Many thanks to unrandomsam for sorting out the unlock files. One thing I have noticed about the unlock is the nice touch of boot.img being clockwork mod recovery and recovery.img being the stock FTM recovery. Should pretty much be foolproof :D

Guest Adam Cable

Many thanks to unrandomsam for sorting out the unlock files. One thing I have noticed about the unlock is the nice touch of boot.img being clockwork mod recovery and recovery.img being the stock FTM recovery. Should pretty much be foolproof :D

Confused myself to start with, but that is a touch of magic :)

Guest Simon O

@flibblesan

You turned your brick back into a phone! Well done! (or did you take the brick back to the shop and unlock a new one?)

I exchanged it at the T-Mobile store, no questions asked.

Guest ian_blade2

can anyone point me in anymore direction about this unlock as ive read thru all various things needed but am confused as to what i have to do can someone just give me a few hints many thx ian . :rolleyes: