[Mods] for ics!

Guest Simon O

hmm ok. Must be in the XML files somewhere that is essentially using that png twice. It looks awful to me and quite noticeable when you modify the toggle buttons

• 2 weeks later...

New mod

remove carrier label from bottom of statusbar pulldown (custom carrier label when I work it out, intel make things hard)

simply open your systemui.apk and navigate to res/layout/statusbartracking.xml

now overwrite it with one attached

push systemui.apk back with adb or on device with root filer app, make sure permissions are 644

status_bar_tracking.xml

post-796032-0-78645900-1352249571_thumb.

Edited by Guest

hmm ok. Must be in the XML files somewhere that is essentially using that png twice. It looks awful to me and quite noticeable when you modify the toggle buttons

Finally, after lots of searching I solved it.

As you said, it is an xml using one png twice, statusbarexpanded.xml

Change the first one too @drawable/status_bar_bg_tile"

<View android:backg round="@drawable/status_bar_bg_tile" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="2.0dip" />

post-796032-0-13634300-1352327031_thumb.

post-796032-0-04058800-1352327079_thumb.

Edited by Guest

I been working on transparency all day, right headache :lol:

Anyway, here is screens of the two options I have come up with, showing with or without toggles, you can turn on/off in build.prop by changing the number 0=off 1=on

ro.product.statusbarwidget=1

You have to be on xolo and deodexed to use this, if you are not, you will bootloop and have to run fix brick in rickywyatt tool!

Thanks to rickys fickbrick tool, I have bricked and bootlooped many times and I still alive :lol:

Both these mods have carrier label disabled because I dont have it there.

Instructions in the zips:

Transparency in notification area: https://www.dropbox....tifications.zip

Full Transparency: https://www.dropbox....ransparency.zip

Edit: both have been updated, one of the pngs I used had a line going through it. ;)

And the notification highlight (when you press)although ics color 33b5e5, looked kind of green because it was at 50% transparency, so changed to 25% which in effect is like 100% as there is two levels of transparency behind :lol: but still looks cool B)

post-796032-0-16967100-1352395170_thumb.

post-796032-0-01108100-1352395187_thumb.

post-796032-0-87205500-1352395230_thumb.

post-796032-0-22035700-1352395246_thumb.

post-796032-0-01597200-1352647192_thumb.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
Guest jasonXXx
Which battery did you install, I will take a look this morning as I need to go back to xolo rom to do a centre clock mod.

edit: Just reflashed xolo rom, tried few mods, no problems here. You must of made a mistake.

Also added centre clock on the mods so will sort those out later :)

edit: centre date too now :)

edit2: and just for the crack, I enabled ics softkeys. I am sure the novelty will wear off soon and I want my 1cm of screen back :lol:

do you have a guide for the center date in pulldown? Thanks.

Guest Fixticks

ooooh s***, i donno what i've done wrong.

I was trying out your battery mods. I enabled insecure adb on my device.

Then run these commands.

D:\SanDiego\Xolo ICS\Ics Circle\Ics Circle>adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app

adb server is out of date.  killing...

* daemon started successfully *

2305 KB/s (1359667 bytes in 0.576s)

D:\SanDiego\Xolo ICS\Ics Circle\Ics Circle>adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

3062 KB/s (7327011 bytes in 2.336s)

I held the power button, then choose the power off option. When the phone rebooted.

My whole notification bar was gone.Same with lots of other things, my contacts, wallpaper, widgets, it's also like i don't have a google account associated anymore.

Help?

cant seem to take a screenshot. so i made crappy photos using my webcam, sorry

2nqv5fk.jpg

wbumas.jpg

23h0zeg.jpg

Guest BlueMoonRising

ooooh s***, i donno what i've done wrong.

I was trying out your battery mods. I enabled insecure adb on my device.

Then run these commands.

D:\SanDiego\Xolo ICS\Ics Circle\Ics Circle>adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app

adb server is out of date. killing...

* daemon started successfully *

2305 KB/s (1359667 bytes in 0.576s)

D:\SanDiego\Xolo ICS\Ics Circle\Ics Circle>adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

3062 KB/s (7327011 bytes in 2.336s)

I held the power button, then choose the power off option. When the phone rebooted.

My whole notification bar was gone.Same with lots of other things, my contacts, wallpaper, widgets, it's also like i don't have a google account associated anymore.

Help?

cant seem to take a screenshot. so i made crappy photos using my webcam, sorry

First thing I'd do is blur out your telephone numbers in the screen shot, secondly add your account details back. For some reason when I fixbricked yesterday twice, the second time it lost my account details too. Once I'd added them back and synced everything was fine.

Not sue about the notification bar, add your account and try a restart. The only thing different I can see from ricky s SanDiego.bat is that permissions are set, check what they are.

Only thing I can think of is that you are using the battery mods on deodexed xolo, I made the battery mods before deodex was available so they are for odex stock xolo.

Sorry I should make it more clear in that post ;)

I will be giving rickywyatt the battery moded version of my themes which have been sat on my desktop for the past month :lol:

Guest Simon O

If you are running de-odexed Xolo ROM then you should be able to fix this issue by wiping dalvik cache:

adb shell rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/*

adb shell reboot

Any time you replace framework-res.apk you'll need to sign into your Google account again.

Guest Fixticks

Do think I can install the battery rom then deodex afterwards, and i mean to use fibblesans xolodx-unbranded coz it really rids me of bloat and give me an awesome gallery.

Guest Fixticks

@BlueMoonRising i didnt blur my numbers coz i know you donno my country ;)

I did an update to Xolo ICS from usb storage and it pretty sorted everything out, still need to add my Google account though, but i want to first tinker again before doing so.

Battery rom second attempy here I come, I find it so important to glance and see the percentage instead of the icon.

Guest Fixticks

First off to get the Battery rom I need to have root, which magically left when updated to Xolo ICS from USB.

I tried to use Ricky's app to root and it seems like it is but no superuser app on my phone. Ideas?

e00hzd.jpg

Also when i try to run adbd insecure it says, SuperUser access is needed but could not be acquired. Are you rooted and did you give permission?

2uiusyx.png

... will be biting my fingernails in the meantime.

Edit

@jikobutsu i noticed you edited your original post yesterday, what did you change, are those updated download links coz in another post you mentioned fixing a typo.

Edited by Fixticks

Guest Fixticks

Where are you guys mehn.... :huh:

Anyway latest updates, I managed to root the device again using this http://www.modaco.com/topic/358242-how-to-root-your-san-diego/ though i remember it failing at first, don't know why it worked now, and since adbd Insecure was being a bitch i couldn't use the AIO tool for anything.

After root, re-installed abdb Insecure (latest 1.2 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1459153), started up the AIO tool, got root.

And re-tried the battery mod thing once again. This time i even downloaded the Circle-Mod just in case the ICS-circle i had was the problem.

To follow the instructions to the letter, i put the system and framework apks on phone, and used Root browser lite to over write the ones in

/system/app and /system/framework respectively,

held power button to turn off phone(phone didn't freeze) then powered phone on.

I was like :o when i saw the Intel logo appearing over and over, the boot screen kept looping till i held the power button to turn off.

-did some searching on the forums :) ()

Entered fastboot by holding power button and Volume down keys to turn phone on. Got the weird blue Droid boot screen, started to AIO tool, it said "Error device not found"

I just proceeded, Choose the Fix brick option, "Error device not found"

I unplugged the phone, gave it like 10 seconds, put it back, then it started sending the update to the phone :P [Note: i put the Xolo update.zip inside the tool's /tools/bricked directory earlier]

...abraca... phone is back alive :D , lost root though, I tried to root again using AIO tool, but got the same errors I got when i replied on this thread, and once again :( adbd Insecure is beefing, asking for SuperUser access making the AIO tool un-usable.

:wacko:

I un-installed adbd Insecure, closed the AIO tool, killed adb process in task manager, and http://www.modaco.com/topic/358242-how-to-root-your-san-diego/ once again.

It worked, got my root back :wub:

Am feeling bad coz I won't dare try install the battery mod until I get feedback from the OP and this means I can't use fibblesan's mods yet coz i think it deodexes the phone right? and the battery mod can only be installed before deodex, i wonder how i can check my phone to see if am on odex or deodex may explain why am going through all this hustle. and how to revert to odex <_<

phew that was alot of text, onto enabling my volume down button as a power wake button while i wait. (plus removing that horrible power control in the notification area and replacing it with power toggles)

Guest BlueMoonRising

@Fixticks, as far as losing root every time you have to flash the rom again, I'm afraid that's inevitable. Due to the locked bootloader I don't think it's possible to flash an already rooted rom.

As for the rest there is a new version of the tool out yesterday, download and run the backup.exe and then the new tool and run setup. You can copy beforehand the Xolo and Orange zips (as long as you put them in the correct folders) and download the rest. The new aio-auto xolo script looks awesome although you(presumably) would need to Odex again before installing any of the themes?

I have no idea what you are doing wrong here but, you are using battery mod on stock odex and are setting permissions before reboot ?

why don't you just use my theme options in rickywyatts tool, it is a lot easier ?

I think I will remove these battery mods now as they are outdated now that themes are only 1 click in the tool ;)

Also, If you deodex after battery mod you will lose the mod anyway lol, so go ahead and deodex then you can use deodex themes in tool form here: http://www.modaco.co...age__mode__show

I have batterymod version of those themes too, I will ask ricky if he wants to add them to his next release or you can manually add them to the tool where the themes are if you know how.

Edited by Guest

If you want battery mod in tool, download the theme you like from here: http://www.modaco.co...-deodexed-xolo/

Go to C:\SanDiego\tools\Themes and extract the theme zip here, then select that option in tool but, you must deodex first.

The zips are for the battery mod versions of my themes, hopefully rickywyatt will add them next tool update :)

Edited by Guest