[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

@ Tillaz

The AOSP messaging app is different to what you've included with this ROM. I'm not sure if that was accidental, but it may be why MMS doesn't work.

you sure? i will double check now, sure i look it out the AOSP nexus s rom :huh:

edit:

strange, it is different. by quite a lot... not sure how this has happened,

Yep, it's size is different and it's contents too.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1776202

The const's in it's framework and in TelephonyProvider already matched the stock Y300 ROM.

You would hope that patch #1 works, but I created a few different patches so people could test what works and what doesn't.

I'd be curious to know if the messaging app even launches as I can't personally test/debug anything.

EDIT: Also heres some stuff you may want to try changing in build.prop while you're testing.

ro.config.hw.logsystem.send=0 # Disable logging

ro.config.hwtheme=0 # Use googles icons (may disable more of the framework)

ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=true # Allow mms even with data disabled

ro.config.hw_gcf_mms=true # Enable or disable mms? All I know is that it effects PDU

Edited by H3ROS

just waiting for the B194 backup from zola, then i will update the ROM, i have actually managed to get a lend of a Y300 a few days while i unlock the bootloader and stuff for them.

so other than the problem with mms (picture messages) what do people want to see improved? or what other bugs / problem are there ?

Could we have a better system font e.g. Roboto-Regular? Thanks for all your work on this.

Guest tillaz

Yep, it's size is different and it's contents too.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1776202

The const's in it's framework and in TelephonyProvider already matched the stock Y300 ROM.

You would hope that patch #1 works, but I created a few different patches so people could test what works and what doesn't.

I'd be curious to know if the messaging app even launches as I can't personally test/debug anything.

EDIT: Also heres some stuff you may want to try changing in build.prop while you're testing.

ro.config.hw.logsystem.send=0 # Disable logging

ro.config.hwtheme=0 # Use googles icons (may disable more of the framework)

ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=true # Allow mms even with data disabled

ro.config.hw_gcf_mms=true # Enable or disable mms? All I know is that it effects PDU

I've just replaced the mms.apk with the popper AOSP one now, will see if i can get someone to send a picture message and see if it makes a difference

Edit:

yep, that was the cause.... replacing the mms.apk with the popper AOSP one has fixed mms (picture messages)

not even sure what the other one was or why its was in the supposedly AOSP rom... :huh:

flash in recovery

MMs.zip

then use a root explorer app and go to > /data/data/

and delete > com.android.providers.telephony

then reboot.

It got me thinking though as to if the framework even has to be patched at all, which is why I supplied the stock one with only HWA patched. It's just that the AOSP framework is almost the same as the stock Y300 framework.

You may want to patch the framework.jar how I've done in patch #3. It has less changes and the code is closer to stock (different invokes). Doing that it'd also be fully AOSP code. I'm also not sure if the patched TelephonyProvider would help to fix some of the logcat errors. You'd have to test.

AOSP:

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/MultimediaMessagePdu;->mPduHeaders:Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/PduHeaders;

invoke-direct {p0}, Ljava/lang/Object;-><init>()V
B03:
iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/GenericPdu;->mPduHeaders:Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/PduHeaders;

invoke-direct/range {p0 .. p0}, Ljava/lang/Object;-><init>()V
Stock:
iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/MultimediaMessagePdu;->mPduHeaders:Lcom/google/android/mms/pdu/PduHeaders;

invoke-direct {p0}, Ljava/lang/Object;-><init>()V

See what I mean about AOSP being close to stock? I'm not sure what B03 is using but it's not AOSP. I figure that if everything was using the AOSP code then theres much less room for error.

So I'd go about it like this...

* If the stock framework + AOSP MMS app works then use that

* If the stock framework + AOSP MMS app doesn't work then try patching the framework as well as TelephonyProvider

* If the patched framework + AOSP MMS app + patched TelephonyProvider doesn't work then take it back a step and use the stock TelephonyProvider

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

It got me thinking though as to if the framework even has to be patched at all, which is why I supplied the stock one with only HWA patched. It's just that the AOSP framework is almost the same as the stock Y300 framework.

the differences in stock framework.jar and AOSP are huge from what i see with windiff, at least 60% of the smali files are different

also the changes for mms in framewrok.jar are already fully AOSP as its all took from the AOSP 4.1.1 framework.jar

everything is working fine by just replacing the mms.apk

people can try this try if they want to make sure

Well like I just shown above, for the MMS portion they're very much alike.

Currently the code you've patched the framework with is different to AOSP as the invokes and iget's are different. I guess whatever you've sourced it from lied about it being 100% AOSP.

To not patch TelephonyProvider also seems wrong as PDU stuff is passed through it. It's harder to determine though as I can't follow the code through without the phone to debug on.

All I'm saying is that although it may work you're risking errors and logcat messages by only half patching it and mixing up the code. The result is wose battery life.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Well like I just shown above, for the MMS portion they're very much alike.

Currently the code you've patched the framework with is different to AOSP as the invokes and iget's are different. I guess whatever you've sourced it from lied about it being 100% AOSP.

To not patch TelephonyProvider also seems wrong as PDU stuff is passed through it. It's harder to determine though as I can't follow the code through without a debugger.

lol if you got that code from here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1776202 how do we know its not this one that is different to AOSP

haha na, i will download the factory image from google > https://developers.g...id/nexus/images for 4.1.1

and unpack that and do it all again, then i can be sure its not been touched.

also, there are a few variants of the nexus s, so this might be where the differences are coming from?

Edit:

looks like the 4G version & Korean version of the nexus s were the only one's to officially get 4.1.1,

Edit2:

what's the version of the AOSP 4.1.1 you have? mine is > JRO03E which is the Korean version according to Google in the link above

lol if you got that code from here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1776202 how do we know its not this one that is different to AOSP

Well the stock version and the AOSP version appear the same (for mms) if you were to remove Huawei's changes. The other code found in B03 has totally different calls, so you'd think that the B03 one is what's not the closest thing to stock.

haha na, i will download the factory image from google > https://developers.g...id/nexus/images for 4.1.1

and unpack that and do it all again, then i can be sure its not been touched.

That's really the best thing to do. If you get all of the code from the same source then you'll get less errors, more efficient code and it can help out the battery. Mixing the real AOSP MMS app with the questionable framework patches is just risky is all, since they're not from the same source.

Like I've said, I'd try to patch the framework as well as TelephonyProvider. If it doesn't crash then that should be what you release. Having said that, you could try patch #3 that I posted earlier as that'll give you an idea as to if it's worth patching the TelephonyProvider.

Everything patched: http://d-h.st/Fju

Does it crash? If it does then just use AOSP MMS and AOSP framework mods.

EDIT: legolas93's build.

My point though is that you got MMS and the framework patches from a different build and it had errors. The one from legolas93 works, but you're still using the framework patches from the buggy build. It'd be safer to use the patches from legolas93's build as then you know that everything should work.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

EDIT: legolas93's build.

My point though is that you got MMS and the framework patches from a different build and it had errors. The one from legolas93 works, but you're still using the framework patches from the buggy build. It'd be safer to use the patches from legolas93's build as then you know that everything should work.

i wouldn't say it buggy as its fully working now after replacing the mms.apk, anyway i will download the factory image for 4.1.1 and do it all from that

Well that's like I said, it may appear to work, but what about stuff in logcat? I can't check that, but still it's good practice to attempt to patch everything rather than only a little of it until it appears to work. That way if a user says they're having a problem then you'll know it's not due to mixed sources.

The less PDU errors in logcat the better as it'll cause a wakelock as seen a few pages back. That's what I'm most concerned about. Getting rid of some of the errors in an attempt to improve battery life.

When I'm working on something I look at it like this. Do I want to do things the quick way which might work, or do I want to spend more time on it and be sure that I get everything right? For me I'd rather spend more time on something, even if it's tedious as it may result in time saved when you're trying to track down a problem with it in the future.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest blitzkreig

tillaz and h3ros

thanks for openly sharing ideas for our Y300's improvement

especially to tillaz for sharing this awesome rom

you guys rock! :D \m/

Guest tillaz

after downloading the AOSP factory 4.1.1 image from Goggle, here > https://developers.g...us/images#sojuk (JRO03E) unpacking it and deodexing it

i have found the mms files in framework.jar are identical to what is already included in B03.

checking the Mms.apk now.

Edit

yep, the Mms.apk in here is different to the one that is currently in B03 with the mms problem...

but it is identical to the proper AOSP version that i posed on the other page that fixed pictures messages... so its all good

just need to take a look at TelephonyProvider again, which probbably wont cause problems now when patched since i now have the proper AOSP Mms.apk

Guest TangerineTractor

I know this might be slightly off-topic, but it is relevant.

I use a brilliant app called sharekm - lets you control your y30 from your pc keyboard and mouse over wifi, so I can tweet, sms etc while sat at my desk without picking up my phone.

This works flawlessly on every other ROM (stock, CM10, CM10.1, lewa) but errors on FusionX, saying it can't find some folder... I've atatched a screenshot - any suggestions?

post-236362-0-27089900-1377679358_thumb.

Guest aljovan1982

Wew, it seems the next build will vbe more on optimizing the codes, expect performance and battery improvement .. waiting here hehehe. Thanks to the dev and contributors.

Guest y300jp

Thank you very much for doing this ROM tillaz, its a huge improvement from stock.

Two suggestions for your update:

I also have the problem with two internal storages with each a little over 1GB on my y300, where one of them is select as the default storage location. I did a full wipe multiple times already but can't seem to get rid of it. However, I remember it seemed to work as intended when I installed your ROM for the first time.

The DSP Manager does not work for me.

Maybe you could look into that, if you need any more information let me know. Thanks for your work!

Guest linuxjoy

Thanks for this ROM, going to try it on my Y300 today. I am trying to find the 2nd post on the forums with instructions on installing this ROM. Can someone please link it?

Guest doncoop

All,

Hows this ROM stacking up for you all on battery life and performance? Seems like the one to use.

Just bought the phone for the GF so want a solid ROM that she won't have any issues with.

Thanks

Guest tillaz

I know this might be slightly off-topic, but it is relevant.

I use a brilliant app called sharekm - lets you control your y30 from your pc keyboard and mouse over wifi, so I can tweet, sms etc while sat at my desk without picking up my phone.

This works flawlessly on every other ROM (stock, CM10, CM10.1, lewa) but errors on FusionX, saying it can't find some folder... I've atatched a screenshot - any suggestions?

that is strange as the cust partition is a stock huawei thing, and not part of CM or lewa, so weird it works there, is this a huawei app?

unfortunately i never kept the .img for the cust partition or its content or i would of made a flashable.zip to add that file to the cust partition

if you have a backup which includes the cust partition, maybe you could upload it and i will make a zip for you to flash ?

Thank you very much for doing this ROM tillaz, its a huge improvement from stock.

Two suggestions for your update:

I also have the problem with two internal storages with each a little over 1GB on my y300, where one of them is select as the default storage location. I did a full wipe multiple times already but can't seem to get rid of it. However, I remember it seemed to work as intended when I installed your ROM for the first time.

The DSP Manager does not work for me.

Maybe you could look into that, if you need any more information let me know. Thanks for your work!

its normal that you see two internal storages as one is the data partition where apps go, and the other is the emulated internal SDcard

if you follow what i told the other guy a page or to back which resolved it you should be fine,

also take a look at the FAQ about default storage it will clear up any confusion you might have.

http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2144773

DSP Manager works fine, its something i can't actually listen to music without anymore on a phone (with headphones in)

you wont actually notice much with the speaker, but the differance threw head phones is amazing especially when you enable

all the bass effects.

Guest Ducsidu

its normal that you see two internal storages as one is the data partition where apps go, and the other is the emulated internal SDcard

if you follow what i told the other guy a page or to back which resolved it you should be fine,

also take a look at the FAQ about default storage it will clear up any confusion you might have.

http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2144773

That reminded me about something I wanted to ask. Is there any (easy) way to make the internal storage fully for apps? So there won't be a partition as an Internal SD, just a partition for data.

Guest tillaz

That reminded me about something I wanted to ask. Is there any (easy) way to make the internal storage fully for apps? So there won't be a partition as an Internal SD, just a partition for data.

not unless we can repartition the the device similar to what the zte devices had, or there is what cyda done for the G300, (uses it as SD-ext for link2sd)

@everyone

don't think i will be able to get the next update started until a few weeks now, or i could but wont be able to test anything after today for about two week..

the persons phone who i have is going on holiday Friday for a week and taking the phone later on today.

maybe i will just ask to few people via PM to test for me? not sure though as it can be a hassle.

after downloading the AOSP factory 4.1.1 image from Goggle, here > https://developers.g...us/images#sojuk (JRO03E) unpacking it and deodexing it

i have found the mms files in framework.jar are identical to what is already included in B03.

checking the Mms.apk now.

Edit

yep, the Mms.apk in here is different to the one that is currently in B03 with the mms problem...

but it is identical to the proper AOSP version that i posed on the other page that fixed pictures messages... so its all good

just need to take a look at TelephonyProvider again, which probbably wont cause problems now when patched since i now have the proper AOSP Mms.apk

I just got the JRO03E ROM and deodexed it to compare and found that the MMS app in that is the same as the buggy MMS app in B03. You can tell just by looking for "xml-mcc310-" inside it's res folder and the fact that classes.dex is exactly the same size.

As for the framework 25 of the 26 PDU files were different, 6 of the util files and 1 file in the mms folder (ContentType). To compare the AOSP legolas93 build for English people has 3 of the 26 PDU files changed, 2 of the possible 8 util files changed and the same ContentType file changed.

JRO03E AOSP ROM (Korean):

- MMS doesn't work

- You need to patch more files

- The files have different iget's and invokes

legolas93 AOSP ROM (English):

- MMS works

- You need to patch very few files

- The iget's, invokes and const values are the same as the Y300's

So you should be using legolas93's for everything.

@ TangerineTractor

That errors shown up in a logcat. I'm not sure if it's because somethings been deleted from this ROM or because the ROM's still trying to load up the Huawei framework.

Guest Ducsidu

not unless we can repartition the the device similar to what the zte devices had, or there is what cyda done for the G300, (uses it as SD-ext for link2sd)

@everyone

don't think i will be able to get the next update started until a few weeks now, or i could but wont be able to test anything after today for about two week..

the persons phone who i have is going on holiday Friday for a week and taking the phone later on today.

maybe i will just ask to few people via PM to test for me? not sure though as it can be a hassle.

Thanks, I thought it would be easy to to this.