[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

2577 replies to this topic

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
I know this might be slightly off-topic, but it is relevant.
I use a brilliant app called sharekm - lets you control your y30 from your pc keyboard and mouse over wifi, so I can tweet, sms etc while sat at my desk without picking up my phone.
This works flawlessly on every other ROM (stock, CM10, CM10.1, lewa) but errors on FusionX, saying it can't find some folder... I've atatched a screenshot - any suggestions?

Attached Files

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

aljovan1982

aljovan1982

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:huawei y300-0100 globe phil.
Wew, it seems the next build will vbe more on optimizing the codes, expect performance and battery improvement .. waiting here hehehe. Thanks to the dev and contributors.

y300jp

y300jp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you very much for doing this ROM tillaz, its a huge improvement from stock.

Two suggestions for your update:

I also have the problem with two internal storages with each a little over 1GB on my y300, where one of them is select as the default storage location. I did a full wipe multiple times already but can't seem to get rid of it. However, I remember it seemed to work as intended when I installed your ROM for the first time.

The DSP Manager does not work for me.

Maybe you could look into that, if you need any more information let me know. Thanks for your work!

linuxjoy

linuxjoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:svp 650
Thanks for this ROM, going to try it on my Y300 today. I am trying to find the 2nd post on the forums with instructions on installing this ROM. Can someone please link it?

doncoop

doncoop

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@doncoop
All,

Hows this ROM stacking up for you all on battery life and performance? Seems like the one to use.

Just bought the phone for the GF so want a solid ROM that she won't have any issues with.

Thanks

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

I use a brilliant app called sharekm - lets you control your y30 from your pc keyboard and mouse over wifi, so I can tweet, sms etc while sat at my desk without picking up my phone.
This works flawlessly on every other ROM (stock, CM10, CM10.1, lewa) but errors on FusionX, saying it can't find some folder... I've atatched a screenshot - any suggestions?

that is strange as the cust partition is a stock huawei thing, and not part of CM or lewa, so weird it works there, is this a huawei app?

unfortunately i never kept the .img for the cust partition or its content or i would of made a flashable.zip to add that file to the cust partition
if you have a backup which includes the cust partition, maybe you could upload it and i will make a zip for you to flash ?

Thank you very much for doing this ROM tillaz, its a huge improvement from stock.

Two suggestions for your update:

I also have the problem with two internal storages with each a little over 1GB on my y300, where one of them is select as the default storage location. I did a full wipe multiple times already but can't seem to get rid of it. However, I remember it seemed to work as intended when I installed your ROM for the first time.

The DSP Manager does not work for me.

Maybe you could look into that, if you need any more information let me know. Thanks for your work!

its normal that you see two internal storages as one is the data partition where apps go, and the other is the emulated internal SDcard
if you follow what i told the other guy a page or to back which resolved it you should be fine,
also take a look at the FAQ about default storage it will clear up any confusion you might have.
http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2144773

DSP Manager works fine, its something i can't actually listen to music without anymore on a phone (with headphones in)
you wont actually notice much with the speaker, but the differance threw head phones is amazing especially when you enable
all the bass effects.

Ducsidu

Ducsidu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300-0100

its normal that you see two internal storages as one is the data partition where apps go, and the other is the emulated internal SDcard
if you follow what i told the other guy a page or to back which resolved it you should be fine,
also take a look at the FAQ about default storage it will clear up any confusion you might have.
http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2144773

That reminded me about something I wanted to ask. Is there any (easy) way to make the internal storage fully for apps? So there won't be a partition as an Internal SD, just a partition for data.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

That reminded me about something I wanted to ask. Is there any (easy) way to make the internal storage fully for apps? So there won't be a partition as an Internal SD, just a partition for data.

not unless we can repartition the the device similar to what the zte devices had, or there is what cyda done for the G300, (uses it as SD-ext for link2sd)

@everyone

don't think i will be able to get the next update started until a few weeks now, or i could but wont be able to test anything after today for about two week..
the persons phone who i have is going on holiday Friday for a week and taking the phone later on today.

maybe i will just ask to few people via PM to test for me? not sure though as it can be a hassle.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

after downloading the AOSP factory 4.1.1 image from Goggle, here > https://developers.g...us/images#sojuk (JRO03E) unpacking it and deodexing it
i have found the mms files in framework.jar are identical to what is already included in B03.

checking the Mms.apk now.

Edit

yep, the Mms.apk in here is different to the one that is currently in B03 with the mms problem...

but it is identical to the proper AOSP version that i posed on the other page that fixed pictures messages... so its all good

just need to take a look at TelephonyProvider again, which probbably wont cause problems now when patched since i now have the proper AOSP Mms.apk

I just got the JRO03E ROM and deodexed it to compare and found that the MMS app in that is the same as the buggy MMS app in B03. You can tell just by looking for "xml-mcc310-" inside it's res folder and the fact that classes.dex is exactly the same size.

As for the framework 25 of the 26 PDU files were different, 6 of the util files and 1 file in the mms folder (ContentType). To compare the AOSP legolas93 build for English people has 3 of the 26 PDU files changed, 2 of the possible 8 util files changed and the same ContentType file changed.

JRO03E AOSP ROM (Korean):
- MMS doesn't work
- You need to patch more files
- The files have different iget's and invokes

legolas93 AOSP ROM (English):
- MMS works
- You need to patch very few files
- The iget's, invokes and const values are the same as the Y300's

So you should be using legolas93's for everything.

@ TangerineTractor
That errors shown up in a logcat. I'm not sure if it's because somethings been deleted from this ROM or because the ROM's still trying to load up the Huawei framework.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

Ducsidu

Ducsidu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300-0100

not unless we can repartition the the device similar to what the zte devices had, or there is what cyda done for the G300, (uses it as SD-ext for link2sd)

@everyone

don't think i will be able to get the next update started until a few weeks now, or i could but wont be able to test anything after today for about two week..
the persons phone who i have is going on holiday Friday for a week and taking the phone later on today.

maybe i will just ask to few people via PM to test for me? not sure though as it can be a hassle.

Thanks, I thought it would be easy to to this.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

that is strange as the cust partition is a stock huawei thing, and not part of CM or lewa, so weird it works there, is this a huawei app?

unfortunately i never kept the .img for the cust partition or its content or i would of made a flashable.zip to add that file to the cust partition
if you have a backup which includes the cust partition, maybe you could upload it and i will make a zip for you to flash ?

There's one in the original stock 190 we used to get the initial flashable rom. Just tried restoring just the cust partition from that using TWRP - but it still didn't work. TWRP backup of just the cust here https://dl.dropboxus...190custonly.zip

This is the app: https://play.google....iveov.skm&hl=en

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

@ TangerineTractor
That errors shown up in a logcat. I'm not sure if it's because somethings been deleted from this ROM or because the ROM's still trying to load up the Huawei framework.

Thanks.
I removed the Xposed framework, and the sharekm app worked. Restored the Xposed framework and it failed.

Edited by TangerineTractor, 28 August 2013 - 03:27 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Thanks.
I removed the Xposed framework, and the sharekm app worked. Restored the Xposed framework and it failed.

It shouldn't have anything to do with Xposed.

What I mean is a few posts back I went through someones logcat looking at all of the errors and this is what's in it:

08-27 17:59:19.280 W/System.err(27057): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/skin/description.xml: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)
08-27 17:59:23.100 E/Trace (27963): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
08-27 17:59:23.150 W/dalvikvm(27963): Refusing to reopen boot DEX '/system/framework/hwframework.jar'
08-27 17:59:23.800 W/ResourceType(27963): No package identifier when getting value for resource number 0x00000000

The same type of error and a mention of hwframework.jar.

My guess is that it's got something to the Huawei theme engine as the .hwt files contain description.xml and it's skin related.

Edited by H3ROS, 28 August 2013 - 03:35 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

It shouldn't have anything to do with Xposed.
My guess is that it's got something to the Huawei theme engine as the .hwt files contain description.xml and it's skin related.

Strange though, because like I said, removing Xposed cleared the error, reinstalling it recreated the error... and the Xposed framework is oly present in tehis ROM, none of the others.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
@Tillaz

Is it possible to have any nice battery mods like we used to have in the G300, with 1% increments, without having to use the xposed framework? Or even just enabling 1% increments in the battery icon, so that custom icon sets can be blasted using rom toolbox or similar?

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Strange though, because like I said, removing Xposed cleared the error, reinstalling it recreated the error... and the Xposed framework is oly present in tehis ROM, none of the others.

It could be a conflict due to the Huawei framework but I'm not sure.

One thing Tillaz could try to do is to remove the following from PackageParser.smali

.method private addHuaweiFramework(Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;)V
.registers 6
.parameter "owner"

.prologue
.line 3763
const-string v0, "hwframework"

.line 3764
.local v0, huaweiFramework:Ljava/lang/String;
if-nez p1, :cond_5

.line 3774
:cond_4
:goto_4
return-void

.line 3767
:cond_5
iget-object v1, p1, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;->usesOptionalLibraries:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

if-nez v1, :cond_10

.line 3768
new-instance v1, Ljava/util/ArrayList;

invoke-direct {v1}, Ljava/util/ArrayList;-><init>()V

iput-object v1, p1, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;->usesOptionalLibraries:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

.line 3770
:cond_10
iget-object v1, p1, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;->usesOptionalLibraries:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

invoke-virtual {v1, v0}, Ljava/util/ArrayList;->contains(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

move-result v1

if-nez v1, :cond_4

.line 3771
const-string v1, "PackageParser"

new-instance v2, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

invoke-direct {v2}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;-><init>()V

const-string v3, "add "

invoke-virtual {v2, v3}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->append(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v2, v0}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->append(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

move-result-object v2

const-string v3, ".jar as a optional shared library."

invoke-virtual {v2, v3}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->append(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v2}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->toString()Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v2

invoke-static {v1, v2}, Landroid/util/Log;->i(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I

.line 3772

invoke-virtual {v0}, Ljava/lang/String;->intern()Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/util/ArrayList;->add(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

goto :goto_4
.end method

And change this:
invoke-direct/range {v3 .. v9}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser;->parseApplication(Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;Landroid/content/res/Resources;Lorg/xmlpull/v1/XmlPullParser;Landroid/util/AttributeSet;I[Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v3

if-nez v3, :cond_169

.line 1007
const/4 v4, 0x0

goto/16 :goto_29

.line 1010
:cond_169
move-object/from16 v0, p0

invoke-direct {v0, v4}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser;->addHuaweiFramework(Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;)V

goto :goto_119

.line 1012
:cond_16f
const-string/jumbo v3, "permission-group"

Into this:
invoke-direct/range {v3 .. v9}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser;->parseApplication(Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;Landroid/content/res/Resources;Lorg/xmlpull/v1/XmlPullParser;Landroid/util/AttributeSet;I[Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v3

if-nez v3, :cond_119

.line 1007
const/4 v4, 0x0

goto/16 :goto_29

.line 1010
.line 1012
:cond_16f
const-string/jumbo v3, "permission-group"

He might then be able to delete hwframework.jar or it might at least stop some apps bugging out.

If I could test things myself before making suggestions such as this I would. I can only make suggestions in hope that it helps to fix some of these errors though.

Edited by H3ROS, 28 August 2013 - 04:40 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

nirmalbalaji

nirmalbalaji

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Devices:Moto G
  • Twitter:@NirmalBalaji

Use AirDroid. Much more simple and lots of features. http://airdroid.com/

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Use AirDroid. Much more simple and lots of features. http://airdroid.com/

Nope. Airdroid is far from more simple. It's way too complicated for what I want, and doesnt work for what i need. With sharekm, I can have my phone standing next to my monitor, and I can SMS and whatsapp and configure and tweak on my phone using my keyboard and mouse, so it looks like I'm still working on my pc. I don;t need to open a browser window or anything..

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
@ TangerineTractor
If you have a backup then heres something you can test.

http://d-h.st/uCU

It will attempt to fix MMS (includes TelephonyProvider patches) and it'll also stop the Huawei framework from being loaded. The hwframework.jar file will remain on your phone since I don't know how safe it is to remove it.

Edited by H3ROS, 28 August 2013 - 04:48 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

jackosterman

jackosterman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Curious if others are getting similar results. I've left my phone untouched for the past 11 hours or so (wifi on/data and sync disabled). While the phone was able to deep sleep through the majority period, Event Log Service and AlarmManager have racked up a number of wakelocks. Almost all alarms seem to be Android related. Expected behavior?

I'll post the dump file and logcat generated by BBS.

Attached Files

Edited by jackosterman, 28 August 2013 - 05:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users