[ROM] [CUSTOM] PirateDroidV2 (P736E and P736V) **INT2EXTV2+ RUNNING -> 1GB INTERNAL MEMORY**

Guest Typhus_

Guest Typhus_

* PIRATEDROIDV2 *

IS NOW AVAILABE FOR BOTH P736E AND P736V MODELS!!

aua6.png

Based on ZTE's stock ROM for Optimus

(Optimus is a Portuguese operator)

(Stock ROM -> OPTIMUS_P736EV1.0.0B05)

* Credits *

Before I begin, I really want to express my profound thanks to all members involved on Fish'N'Chips and, consequently, AndroIum ROM's. If it weren't for them, this wouldn't probably exist.

You guys, ROCK!

Oh! And let's not forget all other members who have contributed for our Crescent, guys like flibblesan, Dazz, etc.

You too, deserve respect and admiration.

I want to give a big THANKS to dodgetimmy for testing PirateDroidV2 for the P736V version. If you're a P736V user and run into troubles, please talk to him, since I don't own a P736V, therefore would not be much of a help.

And, lastly, I  want to express my most sincere gratitude to all people mentioned below. If it were not for them, I would not be able to do, almost, anything that's present on this ROM. It's because of people like these that the "Android World" is so alive and fascinating. 

I really, really, thank you!

XDA

agmtpd -> For the guide "Add ICS/Jellybean like task Switcher"

Yash98 -> For the guide "Port Jelly Bean transition animations on EVERY ROM & EVERY PHONE"

iamareebjamal -> For the guides "Change colour of Battery Chart and Application Bar"; "Adding switched and disabling signature check"; along many other guides, and posts, available at XDA, as well as, all his help with the app's title bar modification.

Sniper Killer ->  For the guides "WIFI & BT ON/OFF Switches on Settings"; "How to place a custom icon on the title bar of a certain app" along many other guides, and posts, available at XDA.

SpaceCaker -> For the guides, posts and ROMs available at XDA and for his GitHub. From all his work, the guides "4.2.2 Statusbar For GB roms" and "How to Make Hidden DateView like CM10 on stock GB 2.3+" are worth mentioning

invisible_asp -> For "Android 4.4 Kitkat Launcher"

Ticklefish -> For the best tool of all -> "Tickle My Android"

ZduneX25 -> For the guide "Tips for themers"

balamu96m -> For the guide "ICS Style 'Settings.apk' - Make it yourself"

Manas1796 -> For the guide "How to Make ICS Like Notifications For Gingerbread"

lokeshsaini94 -> For the guides "Collection of mods for all gingerbread[2.3] phones" and "CREATE OWN ROM [FOR ANY ANDROID DEVICE] [FOR N00B] [EASIEST METHODS"

alireza7991 -> For the guide "How To Add Init.d Support to Your Kernel & Rom"

croniccorey -> For the script "CronMod-INT2EXT"

sicopat -> For the guide "Extended Power Menu with no header (reboot / download / recovery)"

untermensch -> For the guide "How to add Reboot to power menu"

Tof37 -> For the guide "Add screenshot option in power menu for every rom"

cleverior.ipul -> For the guide "How to change text Zombie Art By Jack Larson on Platlogo"

lidroid -> For the guide "How to add customizable 14 statusbar toggle buttons for samsung ROM and quickpanel settings" and for everything he has done so far, android related. Truly amazing work.

san122 -> For the guides "Add Quickpanel Button In Statusbar To Switch Layouts" and "Adding Lidroid Toggles + Grid View"

hansip87 -> For the guides "Enable 2G/3G Toggle from Statusbar/Launcher" and "Implement Swipe to Remove Notification"

marcussmith2626 -> For the guide "How to make any gingerbread or cm7/cm9 status bar transparent"

b16h22 -> For the guides "Settings Shortcut in StatusBar" and "Status bar and notification panel color changer | owner pic mod", as well as all he have done and delivered at XDA regarding GingerBread devices.

KnightlyNinja -> For "Noozy player"

geva28 -> For MegaBass [audio booster]

hrk -> For "NoFrills CPU Control"

Mobile Idea Studio -> For "Super Backup"

Chainfire -> For "SuperSU" and "ChainFire3D"

M3nti0n and all "OTA Update Center" team members

To all XDA-Developers community, a BIG THANK YOU!!

MoDaCo

For all their commitment and for providing great stuff for our Crescent:

Others

Rachel's Blog: Styles.xml

* Features *

INT2EXTV2+ initialized at boot (your internal memory will be almost 1GB!!!) <- Main new feature on PirateDroidV2
- Optimus apps have been removed
- Deodexed apps
- Apps Zipalign at boot and RAM cleaning
- Custom initial logo and boot animation
- Bravia Engine
- Custom "Platlogo" and Text (no more "Zombie art by Jack Larson")
- Internet tweaks, touch sensitivity , etc. . (build.prop tweaks and init.d scripts)
- AdAway app (to remove the ads)
- F-Droid (to update apps not available on Play Store, like AdAway)
- OTA Updates
- ICS / Jelly Bean UI style
- Custom GenieWidget (the icons and weather images have been improved)
- Miui DeskClock ( " mod " blue )
- " Mega Bass Audio Booster " (meaning, Audio enhancements - > BEATS manager , xLoud , Dolby Mobile)
- TouchWiz Calculator
- Custom power widget (thanks to lidroid , KonstaT tillaz and members of other forums )
- "Jelly Bean 4.2.2 style" Status Bar (available on V2.4)
- Custom windows animations (JellyBean style)
- CRT Off animation
- Root permissions (SuperSU app and su binary)
- Updated apps
- Custom system sounds and ringtones (not all but some)
- Extended Power Menu (with screen capture, restart and reboot to recovery)
- All stock GingerBread languages available, although I only guarantee full language translation in English and Portuguese
- "PirateExtras" included (Check V1.3 and V2.0 changelogs for more info)

* Prerequisites *

Don't know what's your phone's model?

Not a problem:

P736E: T-Mobile Vivacity, Telenor Touch Plus, Optimus Barcelona and other variants
P736V: Orange San Francisco II, Free Blade S and other variants

If you still haven't CWM Recovery on your phone, please install one. The one I recommend is CWM Recovery 6.0.3.7 that you may download from THIS post (or from my HARD-RESET instructions on this post, if you're a P736E user).

From here, I'll assume that you have a CWM recovery installed on your phone.

Let us begin:

- Perform a nandroid backup through CWM Recovery (it's optional but highly recommended, in case something goes terrible wrong along the way).

- Wipe all partitions on your SD Card (just make sure to backup all your videos, photos, etc. first. Use a partition tool on your computer)

- Format your SD Card with a single FAT32 primary partition (Again, use a partition tool on your computer)

- Access CWM Recovery and partition your SD Card. The second partition has to be 1024MB; EXT3 (or EXT4 if applicable, although I didn't test EXT4...)

INT2EXTV2+ script (it's the script responsible for enhancing your phone's internal memory) requires 100MB of internal memory for each 500MB external...that's why it has to be 1024MB. For more info about the script, click HERE. All credits belong to it's creator, so thank him for this.

- Preform a HARD-RESET in order to get back on stock. (People have been experiencing issues if they are coming from another ROM besides stock, or earlier PirateDroid. I believe it's TPT related...so if you changed your TPT config, you'll probably run into troubles.)

P736E Users HARD-RESET instructions:

Use the stock ROM (from which I've based PirateDroid) TPT. Get THIS update.zip (rename it to update.zip and flash it through CWM Recovery) OR THIS image file (unrar it, put the folder on your card's root and use the update feature on Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates). CWM Recovery 6.0.3.7 is included.

P736V Users HARD-RESET instructions:

You should use ZTE online upgrade tool or check THIS thread for a TPT with, at least, a 200MB system (If you use one of the TPT's available on that thread, you will already have CWM Recovery).

Boot up your phone, while on stock, just to check if everything is ok, and afterwards, turn it off.

Having this done, let's flash the ROM.

* How-to install *

- Get the ROM's zip

P736E users click HERE

P736V users click HERE (It has the newest ZTE P736V kernel...thanks again dodgetimmy)

- Copy the downloaded file to your SD card's root

- Access CWM Recovery
  (Long press "Power" and "Volume - " while turning on the phone)
  (Volume buttons to navigate and "Power" or "Home", depending on which recovery you're using, button to choose)

- Choose "wipe data / factory reset"
- Next, select "wipe cache partition"
- Go to "advanced"
- Choose "Wipe Dalvik Cache"
- Press the "back" button (or choose "Go Back")
- Choose "install zip from sdcard "
- "Choose zip from sdcard"
- Select PirateDroid's zip
- " Yes - Install..." and wait for it to complete
- When it's done select "reboot system now"

And "voilá", you're done.

The first boot will be quite long, so be patient and don't strange that. Remember, INT2EXTV2+ script is going to do a lot of work.

From here, just enjoy!

So ...

Enjoy ... ! :-D

* Changelog *

Version 1.1

Version 1.2

Version 1.3 <- Check this post for more info and recent screenshots

Version 2.0 <- Check this post for more info and recent screenshots

Version 2.1 <- Check this post for more info and recent screenshots

Version 2.2

Version 2.3

Version 2.4 <- Check this post for more info and recent screenshots

Click HERE to learn how to control your songs, when the phone's locked and with the screen turned off, using the volume buttons.

Do you love games? Click HERE.

* Original PirateDroid Screenshots *

(Sorry...they are all in Portuguese...)

* Old "Home screen" *

783y.png a859.png

5gek.png

gri1.png eb2p.png

* Old "App Drawer" *

uf0b.png zxll.png

yk0y.png

* "Lockscreen" *

stws.png 3g6f.png

* Old "Settings" / "Statusbar" *

05fs.png wol0.png

xo3n.png

* Old "Phone" / "DialerTab" *

fh4v.png b0ri.png

* "DeskClock" *

oh9n.png b908.png

rusw.png

v2k6.png b182.png

* Old "Framework" *

785f.png zasu.png

2an.png mu0.png

* "GenieWidget" *

ag0v.png qou4.png

* "AdAway" / "CPU Control" *

7fvj.png lldp.png

mqab.png

* "Mega Bass Audio Booster" *

s35t.png kimq.png

As usual, I can not be responsible if your phone gets damaged during this ROM flashing, or if any other "X-file" kind of stuff happens to your device. Although I sincerely doubt anything like that should happen (specially if you've followed my instructions), remember that you're doing this because you want to and not because I'm telling you to.

Edited by Typhus_

Guest Typhus_

Yeah, Dalmi already make it look that way (on AndroIum).

I simply added other stuff and made it absolutely compatible with the P736E models (no upside down front camera and no WiFi Hot Spot issues).

I just hope people enjoy it.

Thanks for the reply.

Guest Typhus_

Some say it doesn't, other say it does.

Since it doesn't bring any harm, I've decided to include it.

Anyway, using ICS or JB you'll never get all things to work as they should on this model...and that's quite unfortunate. That's why I've focused on coming up with a GB ROM.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Yes, super su is there but root privileges are not. I have to root it thru CWM.

And another problem is related with WiFi, it always stuck in "obtaining IP address". No help with static IP settings, tested with two AP. 

Edit:

And yes I tried to update binary with CWM and normal mode, with no luck.

Edited by trotil

Guest Typhus_

Well, something's gonne terrible wrong.

If you check the images on the OP, you can see AdAway getting root permissions. So it does have root.

Anyway, what I can suggest is, please flash the stock ROM built for this model by using THIS ZTE Update Tool. This is the stock ROM from which I've based this custom ROM.

After doing so, you'll return to stock (no recovery, no custom ROM, no root).

So, you'll need to flash the recovery again. But first, boot up your phone, while on stock, just to check if the WiFi issue has disappeared.

Afterwards, flash the recovery, and finally flash the ROM.

This should put everything right.

Guest Typhus_

PirateDroid version 1.1 is now available via OTA update.

Changelog:

- New camera.apk (it’s the one from AndroIum…so, thanks Dalmi)

There’s no need to wipe data nor cache

If you run into any issues with the “auto-install”, please "flash" the zip manually through the recovery.

Manual installation:

- Access the recovery

(Long press "Power" and "Volume -" buttons to turn on your phone, or use the “Power menu” shortcut)

(Volume buttons to navigate and "home" button to choose)

- Choose "install zip from sdcard"

- Open the OTA Update folder

- Open the Download folder

- Select the zip file you'll find in this folder

- "Yes - Install ..." and wait for the installation to complete

- Reboot your phone by selecting "reboot system now"

Done!

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Typhus_

PirateDroid version 1.2 is now available via OTA update.

Changelog:

- New DocsToGo.apk (it’s the one available on the stock ROM...it works as it should)

There’s no need to wipe data nor cache

If you run into any issues with the “auto-install”, please "flash" the zip manually through the recovery.

Manual installation:

- Access the recovery

(Long press "Power" and "Volume -" buttons to turn on your phone, or use the “Power menu” shortcut)

(Volume buttons to navigate and "home" button to choose)

- Choose "install zip from sdcard"

- Open the OTA Update folder

- Open the Download folder

- Select the zip file you'll find in this folder

- "Yes - Install ..." and wait for the installation to complete

- Reboot your phone by selecting "reboot system now"

Done!

Enjoy!

NOTE: The changes made on version 1.1 are present on version 1.2. The objective is to deploy the latest version to anyone who just flashed the ROM without the need to go through all updates.

Edited by Typhus_

Guest OuahOuah

Ok.

Have installed it on a Blade S (Free) so I took a "boot.img" file from AndroIum 2.0.2 and replaced the one in your 1.0 ZIP ;)

Had some small troubles at startup because no wifi and no 3G signal so I ignored Google account connexion.

Also... it is portuguese language @ startup lol so had to change language, reboot then quickly configured the Google Account and now it is ok !

Very nice graphic tweaks :)

I also use Holo launcher/locker above all and it works :)

And Link2SD with ext3 is also ok.

Fast ROM, no more battery drain than a normal GB ROM :)

Also removed "flashlight" because it doesn't use the flash on my ZTE :/

Guest OuahOuah

Just back to report that... it works ok with a Free Blade S, after putting a boot.img from AndroIum 2.0.x in the PirateDroid Zip :)

Very nice animations, also need some reboot after first sync with Google account and now all is ok.

Same battery life as AndroIum.

Very nice work and the coolest thing : the shutdown menu with all options like on a true CM :)

Guest Typhus_

Yes of course.

To change default language, I think you must edit build.prop and defualt.xml (this last one you'll find on /system/etc/customize)

build.prop:

ro.product.locale.language=pt
ro.product.locale.region=PT

Change pt to en (for english, or any other language "code" you wish).

default.xml:

<customization version="1.00">
    <category name="system">
        <module name="language">
            <function>
                <set name="single">
                    <item name="total_list">pt_PT;en_US;fr_FR;es_ES</item>
                </set>
            </function>
        </module>
    </category>
</customization>

Change the order of the languages. You may also add others.

As for the strings on the power menu, you must decomplie framework-res.apk and add some lines on the strings.xml of your desired language.

Check the default (english) strings.xml to know exactly what to translate. I honestly don't remember the exact words I've given but it will be something really similar to this:

<string name="reboot_recovery">Recovery</string>
<string name="reboot_download">Download</string>
<string name="reboot">Reboot</string>
<string name="screenshot">Screenshot</string>

Have fun!

:-)

Edited by Typhus_

Guest OuahOuah

It is a customized AndroIum :)

And AndroIum is for Crescent / Blade S whereas this ROM is for Vivacity brand if I remember :)

You must use another kernel from AndroIum to boot it up on a Blade S :)