Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest johnickz

Yeap it was a long boot.

When the phone booted optimised all the apps of the phone.

I run Antutu again, still 6500 with 29800 points in overall.

Without ART 30800 overall.

I am running Lite 009 from ATX btw.

Nothing compared to Lite 039 from ATX (31800 points)

Edited by johnickz

Guest Mr.Markos

I have a few last questions before I buy this phone.

I'm dutch and my provider (Telfort/KPN) uses these bands for umts (3g): 900 / 2100 MHz

Do all versions support these bands? There are different versions right? The specifications of the phone says 900/2100 are supported

What battery life can I expect with this phone? My daily use is mainly Whatsapp, Facebook and browsing. I hardly ever make a phonecall :)

Does the aluminum cover (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/22-Color-2014-Newest-Toughened-Glass-Back-Cover-And-Aluminum-Frame-For-Coolpad-Dashen-F1-8297/1932823414.html) replace the entire backcover?

And as last, what is the cheapest shop to buy this phone? Haha. This was the cheapest one I found

http://www.antelife.com/coolpad-f1wcdma-version-mtk6592-octa-core-1-7ghz-5-0inch-ips-ogs-hd-gorilla-glass-screen-2gb-8gb-5-0mp-13-0mp-camera-gsm-smartphone-white.html?acc=3c59dc048e8850243be8079a5c74d079

Edited by Mr.Markos

3D performance is better than other KitKat ROMs, but a little bit slower than 4.2.2 ROMs ~7000 points in antutu 5.1. I didn't try other rooting methods, because I flashed it with changed recovery.

i Flashed it changed recovery CWM but it says that I have no right -root ,

where I'm wrong

Guest korekore1

1) I didn't. I installed Vcom drivers instead

2) Yes, when manual tells you to connect it

3) 

The instructions are translated from indonesian original guide. I know it is not perfect.

Please, make another one now that would be more concise :)

EDIT:

Saša, which part you do not understand?

so after you have installed the drivers,when you open device manager and connect the phone,do you have to see in ''ports (com & ltp)'' the entry ''preload usb vcom..'' like it says on post #1028?  http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/page-52

Because i installed the drivers and i don't see that entry.I am with windows 8 64bit

so after you have installed the drivers,when you open device manager and connect the phone,do you have to see in ''ports (com & ltp)'' the entry ''preload usb vcom..'' like it says on post #1028?  http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/page-52

Because i installed the drivers and i don't see that entry.I am with windows 8 64bit

I didn't have that in device manager too.

You won't flash it easy without win7 or xp

Guest korekore1

I didn't have that in device manager too.

You won't flash it easy without win7 or xp

i only have a windows 8 64bit pc..

So how should i know if i can go on with the flashing?

I can see the phone on device manager (on the android phone tab)

Edited by korekore1

Guest korekore1

can somebody make a correct and understandable step by step guide for flashing cpb roms?

Including detailed driver installation procedure,this is important and the guides available right now have an awful translation that can lead to problems.

Has anybody installed the drivers in windows 8 64bit?And how?I think the vcom drivers need signature removal,that is what i understand after the message i get from windows when i try to manually update the driver from device manager.I don't know if this driver is needed,i can see my phone on the android tab on device manager but no mtk specific entry like in some pictures from the available guides

Edited by korekore1

Which part in translated Indonesian guide

for flashing CPB roms through YGDP tool

is not clear?

I left it in original form and added few personal notes in the

text file.

P.S.

After reading several comments about

Antutu scores in different roms I tested

my present OS and the result is

32185 and 3D score is

Is that good?

Edited by dakok

Guest korekore1

ok after a lot of searching i found a way to install the vcom driver on windows 8 64bit

1.Install the vcom install.exe and the installdrv64.exe from the vcom folder

2.Go to the windows charm bar/settings/change pc settings/general/scroll to advanced start up.It will reboot

3.Press troubleshoot/advanced/startup../restart special option../press 7 (disable driver..)

4.It will boot you normally to windows but now you can install unsigned drivers like the vcom one.

5.Open device manager

6.Switch off the phone

7.Connect the phone to the same usb you used when you installed the other drivers (coolpad,pdanet)

8.Power on the phone

9.You will see a new entry on device manager with an exclamation mark

10.Double click it and press update driver

11.Select to manually guide windows to the driver files (Win7 folder inside vcom folder)

12.Go on with the installation,windows will warn you about unsigned drivers,press continue anyway

13.Done,you will see a new entry on device manager in the ''android phone'' tab

I still don't get a mtk entry on device manager but this time the driver setup ended up successfully without the device losing connection when you pressed to update the driver.

If this procedure is tested by someone else too it can be added to the first post

Edited by korekore1

Which part in translated Indonesian guide

for flashing CPB roms through YGDP tool

is not clear?

I left it in original form and added few personal notes in the

text file.

P.S.

After reading several comments about

Antutu scores in different roms I tested

my present OS and the result is

32185 and 3D score is

Is that good?