Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest jay0ind

If you haven't noticed, Coolpad F1 Modaco topics have passed 100.000 views in less than 4 months.

:D

Anyone tried this 4.4 release?

This version is Cool Great God f1 Unicom version, comes with root privileges, easier to use! ! 

1 An absolutely smooth than the official! ! Memory on large! ! 

2 With ART, opened the Flying smooth! ! 

3 has been repaired currently visible to all BUG! ! For long-term use! ! 

4 has been set as the default storage extrapolation memory card! ! Do not worry about the built-in storage is too small! ! 

5 Google framework has been installed! ! Preparing for the big game! Optimize boot speed! ! Ten seconds to realize once again open machine! ! 

6 improves the stability of the system! ! Do not have to worry about system crashes! ! 

7 There are two desktop choose! ! Like which one to choose! ! 

8 Repair Built sd card can not display bug

Download : http://pan.baidu.com/s/14IdX0

Password : thvb

Guest jakethedooggg

Got 28940 on AnTuTu Beta1 with 4.4.2 AOSP :D it works pretty good, so smooth! Also a nice amount a free ram always. I only have issues with GravityBox, but the rest is okay :D

The camera is NICE but it has that greenish tones in the shadows I hate so much.

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest xeros2

Can you show some example photos? Good camera is important for me. That's why I haven't changed ROM from AOSP v. 1.0 yet - it's very good, but it seems to be battery eater.

Would someone sumarize pros and cons for those 4.4 ROMs?

Have you found any bugs compared to 4.2 ROMs?

Guest trashbat

Guys, I tried to install the coolpad f1 driver and I get the message "error reading setup initialization file" when i open the setup.exe

can anyone help?

edit: please ignore, now working :)

Edited by trashbat

Guest pletko

so... why does this tweaked version (363 mb) look like ics? :) is it....can it really be... true....kitkat?! :D

the other one just looks like coolUI and doesn't recognize my sim card

Guest jakethedooggg

so... why does this tweaked version (363 mb) look like ics? :) is it....can it really be... true....kitkat?! :D

the other one just looks like coolUI and doesn't recognize my sim card

4EdPFWl.png

Look, ART libraries ^^ also it's compatible with Kit Kat ONLY apps like Google Camera or GravityBox for Kit Kat! :)

Is there a gapps file for aosp 2.0?

GAPPS for you. :)

Guest slime00

it is real kitkat. I'm very curious to try the Taiwanese AOSP, it seems that the phone started to be available there, but there are no news at all!

Guest gordito

New price - 2 days left  :D

US $11.99

There are no real photos of this case, but they seem interesting indeed.

it is real kitkat. I'm very curious to try the Taiwanese AOSP, it seems that the phone started to be available there, but there are no news at all!

Im pretty sure that the official kk with coolui is gonna be great anyway, i am now trying the offical JB rom, and its pretty much ok.

Edited by gordito

[ROM][4.4.2] Coolpad F1 wcdma Lite (rooted) v08.18 by ATX Team 

Screenshot_2014_08_18_15_25_22.png Screenshot_2014_08_18_15_25_38.png Screenshot_2014_08_18_15_25_49.png

Screenshot_2014_08_18_15_26_37.png Screenshot_2014_08_18_15_26_49.png Screenshot_2014_08_18_15_27_18.png

Description:
Transplant production-based on 4.4.2 mobile version
Perfect ROOT privileges, will not rebound 
Icon on the desktop into the re-arrangement, and remove unwanted icons 
Add busybox instruction set, 
Removed Coolpad boot sound, etc. 
Error correction for low power consumption issues 
Added a personal customized version of the Advanced Settings (System Tools folder to find small) 
Supported status bar speed display, supported switches, supported switching style 
Supported ZTE screen open and close aides 
Goggles turned off 
Battery percentage display supported, under Settings / battery switch 
Modified framework to support the global transparent display, setting retention black and white wind 
Streamlining the most useless programs, system fairly pure 
Zipaligned ROM has been optimized to reduce memory footprint 
3G network optimization - optimized effect of the global touch response 
Optimization of the underlying framework to optimize power consumption, more power 
Details of the adjustment, self-experience,,,, 
Edited by dakok

Guest fundament

guys hi to everyone,

i've been following this thread for sometime, it was really helpful for me. i'am now on jonzalvo's pure 2.0 (like it simple and reliable, even boring is ok). has anyone tried this: http://www.needrom.com/download/4-4-pure-8297w/ ? it says: as much as pure can be , install in cwm. can enyone more experienced tell me if i could do it with my twrp 2.4.4 or i would risk some type of brick? 

Guest jakethedooggg

There's 2 "Pure" AOSP a few pages back, check them out. The best one is the first that was published (not the one with the ART fix blablabla...)

In this atx rom I can not change APN, and can't add new APN...

It might be a bad TD-SCDMA -> WCDMA adaptation.

You could try to replace firmware folder by using one from another WCDMA CoollifeUI 4.4 release

Guest fundament

There's 2 "Pure" AOSP a few pages back, check them out. The best one is the first that was published (not the one with the ART fix blablabla...)

Will try it. Thanks

Guest Milanche78

yes, if you remember a lot of pages ago I told I didn't buy the nillkin case because of this, even if it was wonderful i wanted the phone to be 100% covered. With this bumpers the sides are well protected but everything else is exposed and,  since the back plastic seems fragile, a drop on the asphalt (like the one happened to me, but the silicone case fortunately took all the impact and small cuts) or an improper contact with keys/coins/other in the pocket can make some very annoying scratches on the back! 

Exactly, thats why I always look for flip case, Ive just ordered this 1, same day I bought my F1

http://www.banggood.com/Mofi-PU-Leather-Protective-Case-For-Coolpad-Okami-F1-p-928844.html