Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

hey dude, i newbi from this smartphone,

i just finished download rom from http://www.7to.cn/androidrom/romdetail/20596

but i can't install cause that zip archive have been locked,

does anyone know the password to open the file?

or, how to install it, while at the CWM zip file unreadable :(

Hey dude!

You have to find some guide for flashing roms

through CWM.

You do not open rom files. They have to be in zip format.

If it won't go through cwm it means it is damaged

Download it again.

Edited by dakok

Guest anggriawan

Hey dude!

You have to find some guide for flashing roms

through CWM.

You do not open rom files. They have to be in zip format.

If it won't go through cwm it means it is damaged

Download it again.

the problem is fixed, i tried to download again,, tht the three times i download tht rom , thx master :)
but the next problem is my simcard n imei not detected.. 
this is rom just for unicom?? not for wcdma??
Edited by anggriawan

Guest anggriawan

Unicom = WCDMA

Mobile = TDSCDMA

You flashed Mobile rom which isn't a big deal, but IMEI not detected is what worries me :(

i got a big trouble,, i cant restore my imei using mtk enginering.. wht should i do ???  :(

--problem fixed--

i have done to flashing my stock rom using YGDP software, after flashing, its totaly back to normal like a new phone , hehehe

dude, I want to install my previous rom installed earlier, but with WCDMA version and last update of course, can you show a link where I should download the rom?

sorry my english too bad :huh:

Edited by anggriawan

Guest gordito

And you did as I said regarding baidu

and gapps problematic installation?

First baidu, reboot, set wifi

Then flash gapps, do not set them yet, pull notifications

from top, touch gear icon (settings)

and go to accounts there - add account, google

and set it there.

"My" rom or original - it is the same when you

try to install baidu and gapps.

But it pays off later: )

If you stuck, go to cwm and wipe cache and dalvik and try

again

I cant do nada on the phone.

It boots, i see the screen where i choose language, and before i can tap on something, i get a soft reboot.

Any ideas?

Guest trashbat

dakok, if i follow your instruction will your english repack work?

Sorry i read through the thread but got confused, couldn't tell if the re  pack caused problems or the way people were flashing

Baidu + gapps results in trouble during
google registration.
It goes for my repack as well as for classic
Baidu, reboot, gapps, flashing procedure.
It can be solved by jumping to settings icon
in notifications (top, right) and activating
Google account there
and it works for majority of users.
Some can't reach to that point due to reboots.
I have no idea why
Different recovery or flashing procedure or
leftovers on sd card or bad karma?

P.S.
My WDTV player informs me today about new
software upgrade. Guess what.
It supports Miracast!!!
I started Wireless Display option on coolpad and it
connects to wdtv and shows the phone screen and
sound on TV
:)

Edited by dakok

Guest gordito

Baidu + gapps results in trouble during

google registration.

It goes for my repack as well as for classic

Baidu, reboot, gapps, flashing procedure.

It can be solved by jumping to settings icon

in notifications (top, right) and activating

Google account there and it works for some.

Others can't reach to that point due to reboots.

I have no idea why

Different recovery or flashing procedure or

leftovers on sd card or bad karma?

P.S.

My WDTV player informs me today about new

software upgrade. Guess what.

It supports Miracast!!!

I started Wireless Display option on coolpad and it

connects to wdtv and shows the phone screen and

sound on TV

:)

What recovery do you use? (and link if you would like)

I use twrp 2.4.4

I didnt say it was rom problem ;) 

I dont know what could cause problem that phone works fine without any problems and later stuck in boot loop...

The question is where can I download stock ROM with Coolife UI 5.5,that was fine for me I dont know why did I even start this,I bought from to2c and that ROM was great with no chinese apps,multilanguage,smooth and fast also

Rom without chinese apps and with

multilanguage UI is not a stock rom.

It is a custom rom.

You have one in the first page.

You have several CoolUi lite releases

there, too.

Guest gordito

It seems that i cant install CWM, only TWRP works.

I tried with different roms, with different root methods and downloaded again the CWM file.

Daaaaaaaamn......

Just a quick word of thanks to everyone on this thread, especially Dakok.

Ordered my F1, had it two weeks later (Monday this week), rooted it, installed AOSP by Jonzalvo with the instructions in this thread and am loving it. It's my first phone where I tried rooting and flashing so not being too experimental with the ROMs. Yet :)

Just one question, and I know this is not specific to this phone but do any of you use Sandisk Ultra sdcards? This one -

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/

I now have my third one. Each of the previous ones would malfunction (and I was buying them from mymemory,co,uk who are pretty reputable so I'm pretty certain they were not fakes)

I 32gb cards with my Huawei Ascend G300 and it always seemed like the phone would lose contact with the sdcard. The shortcut wouldn't work from the main screen and when I go to manage apps, the apps weren't listed on the sdcard screen, instead it was a greyed out item with the name of the folder of that app that you would find in Android/data/. I would then have to uninstall that and reinstall the app completely.

Anyway, in the end I got a Sandisk Class 4 sdcard, tried that and never had the same issue. It worked perfectly.

I thought it might have been something to do with the phone, so I got another one of these for my F1 but last night I had the same thing happen to me. Apps that I had been using which I had transferred to the sdcard, just lost contact with that info.and it seemed as though those apps were never installed. At the same time, I was using another app SendAnywhere and it couldn't detect the sdcard at all even though my filemanager had no trouble seeing it.

Okay, sorry for that long explanation. Maybe I'm missing some obvious problem here that causes this issue. At the moment, I'm not transferring any apps to the sdcard to avoid this issue but that's just a workaround. Could it be something to do with "virtual" sdcard folders that are in the mnt folder, sdcard and sdcard2. The phone getting confused between them and not knowing which to use?

Anyway, thanks again for all the previous help :)

Guest jakethedooggg

Sorry for double post, but after flashing it, seeing that sim didn't work I put in the system the modem. Didn't work too, still not SIM. Then I restored the backup and now the sim isn't detected and I can't use data or anything. Please help...

Guest jakethedooggg

i got a big trouble,, i cant restore my imei using mtk enginering.. wht should i do ??? :(

--problem fixed--

i have done to flashing my stock rom using YGDP software, after flashing, its totaly back to normal like a new phone , hehehe

dude, I want to install my previous rom installed earlier, but with WCDMA version and last update of course, can you show a link where I should download the rom?

What ROM did you flash? And that software? same happened to me, this AOSP badword up my phone... sorry for posts u.u

i got a big trouble,, i cant restore my imei using mtk enginering.. wht should i do ???  :(

--problem fixed--

YGDP ???

Something like this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2718505

Could you share instrunctions for flashing Coolpad F1 please?

Guest Maringer

Just a quick word of thanks to everyone on this thread, especially Dakok.

Ordered my F1, had it two weeks later (Monday this week), rooted it, installed AOSP by Jonzalvo with the instructions in this thread and am loving it. It's my first phone where I tried rooting and flashing so not being too experimental with the ROMs. Yet :)

Just one question, and I know this is not specific to this phone but do any of you use Sandisk Ultra sdcards? This one -

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/

I now have my third one. Each of the previous ones would malfunction (and I was buying them from mymemory,co,uk who are pretty reputable so I'm pretty certain they were not fakes)

I 32gb cards with my Huawei Ascend G300 and it always seemed like the phone would lose contact with the sdcard. The shortcut wouldn't work from the main screen and when I go to manage apps, the apps weren't listed on the sdcard screen, instead it was a greyed out item with the name of the folder of that app that you would find in Android/data/. I would then have to uninstall that and reinstall the app completely.

Anyway, in the end I got a Sandisk Class 4 sdcard, tried that and never had the same issue. It worked perfectly.

I thought it might have been something to do with the phone, so I got another one of these for my F1 but last night I had the same thing happen to me. Apps that I had been using which I had transferred to the sdcard, just lost contact with that info.and it seemed as though those apps were never installed. At the same time, I was using another app SendAnywhere and it couldn't detect the sdcard at all even though my filemanager had no trouble seeing it.

Okay, sorry for that long explanation. Maybe I'm missing some obvious problem here that causes this issue. At the moment, I'm not transferring any apps to the sdcard to avoid this issue but that's just a workaround. Could it be something to do with "virtual" sdcard folders that are in the mnt folder, sdcard and sdcard2. The phone getting confused between them and not knowing which to use?

Anyway, thanks again for all the previous help :)

I don't think the Coolpad F1 supports SDXC cards properly - certainly not those cards over 32GB in size. They require usage of the exFAT file system and most Chinaphones don't seem to support this.

However, I'm currently using a 64GB SDXC card (Sandisk, I think). To get it to work in the F1, I needed to format it as FAT32 before use (actually, it might even have been NTFS - I can't remember which!). The card is then recognised by and works well with the phone. I used GParted on Linux to format the SD card as I couldn't get Windows to recognise it due to it being formatted in exFAT!

You will lose the performance benefits of exFAT which is a bit faster than FAT32 (though NTFS is a bit faster than both, I believe).

Not really too relevant for me as my laptop only supports USB 2.0 so file transfers are sllloooooooowww in any case.

Guest gordito

You can't install cwm?

- Through Mobileuncle

- Through that apk I posted before

- I think there is one in zip for flashing

1) No

2) That apk allows me to choose which CWM to install? I saw somewhere problems with the 6.0.5 version, i want the previous one.

3) I never saw a flashjable recovery for Coolpad :p

I don't think the Coolpad F1 supports SDXC cards properly - certainly not those cards over 32GB in size. They require usage of the exFAT file system and most Chinaphones don't seem to support this.

However, I'm currently using a 64GB SDXC card (Sandisk, I think). To get it to work in the F1, I needed to format it as FAT32 before use (actually, it might even have been NTFS - I can't remember which!). The card is then recognised by and works well with the phone. I used GParted on Linux to format the SD card as I couldn't get Windows to recognise it due to it being formatted in exFAT!

You will lose the performance benefits of exFAT which is a bit faster than FAT32 (though NTFS is a bit faster than both, I believe).

Not really too relevant for me as my laptop only supports USB 2.0 so file transfers are sllloooooooowww in any case.

Interesting. I just checked, both my Class 4 16GB and my 32GB Ultra are formatted to FAT32. Maybe this is the problem? The SDXC needs to have exFAT and this causes the problem?

I use the SDFormatter from the SD Organisation to format all my memory cards on my PC before I use them. It didn't have any problem recognising the 32GB card.

Guest Maringer

I just couldn't get the SDFormatter to work on my laptop, for some reason.

No problem to use Gparted as I had an old netbook with Lubuntu installed on it, so it wasn't too much trouble to format the card on there. I think I may have formatted it in NTFS and not FAT32, but it was a few months ago now so I'm not entirely certain!

Guest matejsolid

Dakok I finally managed to found out what was causing all those problems with installing ROMs.
memory card needed format,I didnt pay attention as did CWM recovery warn me about and windows himself and after I did formatting all ROMs that didnt want flash now are flashing fine :D

Finally I'm going to try AOSP rom and if I dont find it useful back to Baidu repack by you ! ;)

Anyway is there Coolife UI 5.5 rom without those chinese security apps and unremovable screens with Chinese widgets ?

So basically I'm asking does anyone have ROM without Chinese security apps and that screens that is by any chance rooted and lite ?

1) No

2) That apk allows me to choose which CWM to install? I saw somewhere problems with the 6.0.5 version, i want the previous one.

3) I never saw a flashjable recovery for Coolpad :P

2)

Apk starts and asks which cwm to install. There are two CWMs to choose - you should pick second one (first one is Chinese version)

6.0.5.0 works fine but it has a bug - when I tried to restore my backup made in it, I found that it's in internal storage.

Luckily I had few backuped roms on External SD

Otherwise it was OK, I flashed several roms through it and it behaved well.

So you could give it a chance

This way, please -> CWM :D

3) I was sure I had it somewhere :(