N95 on Orange UK

Guest RazorD

Guest badgerarc
For those debating whether to go with Orange or T-Mobile, don't forget the N95 is severely crippled on Orange - Vodafone too for that matter.

For one large thing (for some) straight away, kiss bye bye straight away to VOIP.

See the el reg article for more info, and click the video link on that page, to see the difference between a none crippled phone, and the crippled one.

Reg article:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/18/n95_crippled/

Bear in mind that I am ASSUMING the firmware is complete and not crippled on T-Mobile, but as I don't have one, someone else will have to confirm if it has the Internet Telephony settings in the menu on a T-Mobile handset. It is believed to have though.

I'm very Glad I read that, as I have now gone with T Mobile. Good riddance to Orange. So the guy in the T Mobile Shop gave me Flext 35 with Web N Walk and a free N95 ;) So with insurance I think it's £46.50 a month

Guest shadamehr
I'm very Glad I read that, as I have now gone with T Mobile. Good riddance to Orange. So the guy in the T Mobile Shop gave me Flext 35 with Web N Walk and a free N95 ;) So with insurance I think it's £46.50 a month

Only too pleased to be able to help, as I UTTERLY detest operators who severely alter or amend the firmware. A little customisation in terms of branding, that's understandable and fair enough...

But this kind of thing... nah, that's just not cricket in my opinion!