Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest banistersmind

I've noticed, since flashing to Secany's latest 6.5ROM that the voicemail button on the lifestyle home screen (SPB MS) instantly dials Orange's VM Service Number. I know this is probably really simple but I cannot for the life of me work out how to change it so it will dial my own carrier's number.

Any suggestions?

Guest markym
I've noticed, since flashing to Secany's latest 6.5ROM that the voicemail button on the lifestyle home screen (SPB MS) instantly dials Orange's VM Service Number. I know this is probably really simple but I cannot for the life of me work out how to change it so it will dial my own carrier's number.

Any suggestions?

Try Settings/Phone/Message/Voice Mail

You should then be able to set the number you require.

Guest Snow02
The Unwanted Folder trick doesn't work, my PhotoAlbum kept digging for pictures other than the default \My Storage\DCIM folder.

Also when I cleared all photo.1 files, and reset, once I launch PhotoAlbum again, the thumbnails appeared almost instantly instead of counting for each as the first time.

Yeah, after adding the excluded folders registry edits, you need to clear out the \Application Data\Photoalbum.data folder. Then when you reopen the photo viewer it will work with your applied edits.

Guest steveplatinum

Is this flashing procedure what I would use to flash a verizon samsung omnia 2 sch-i920 to meto pcs? Thanks for any help.

Guest denis_85

hi, I've noticed the following problem recently on my i8000: when i call from another phone, omnia wakes up and starts ringing with 3-4 sec delay. With another words I hear the calling tone in second phone and omnia starts ringing after 3-4 seconds. It's not related to decreased ringtone which also present through next 3 sec more. I know that for the 2nd problem there's no cure, but for the delay? Please help.

Guest tacchan23
hi, I've noticed the following problem recently on my i8000: when i call from another phone, omnia wakes up and starts ringing with 3-4 sec delay. With another words I hear the calling tone in second phone and omnia starts ringing after 3-4 seconds. It's not related to decreased ringtone which also present through next 3 sec more. I know that for the 2nd problem there's no cure, but for the delay? Please help.

the only way to fix it is to not disable the Samsung dialer (if u didn't disable it, then I don't know)

Guest iTamad

Hi i'm not really sure whether this is the right thread for this. if it isn't i'm sorry and would you kindly direct me to the right place?

i have flashed to RDH Leo Beta2 rom and the ringtones are corrupted. i know i can use any of my mp3s or wav files for this but for the sms alert tone i would like to have the original samsung ones. if anyone can post them or direct me to a place where i can find them it would be really appreciated:)

Guest moo tensai

can this Omnia 2 just like HTC when you connect the phone with USB cable to your computer that ask things like :

1. active sync,

2. USB storage,

3. Recharge battery

when choosing 1 or 2 the battery won't charged

i'm afraid that the battery always charged when i connect to PC n weaken the battery...

can some 1 help this problem??

Guest idiotjohn
Photo Album: exclude unwanted folders

• Open any registry editor, go to HKLM/Software/TecAce/PhotoAlbum/ExcludeFolders
    Add a new string value for every folder you want to exclude, you must give them the name of 000, 001, 002,... etc
    As string data you must add the folder address, you must separate folder with the symbol \
    Example: If you want to exclude Program files folder, you have to make a new string value like "001" and you have to add \My storage\Program files
    Notice that you have to clean the thumbnails that Photo Album creates! You can use the clean option of SKTools

Is there any possible way to exclude every file inside a folder and its subfolders?

For Example: Excluding every file inside "\My Storage\MUSIC\".

I have loads of album art which keeps appearing, and its really annoying me.

Thanks

John

Guest idiotjohn
Yep. I vote for it. But the link to the developers download-site would be a better one. That is http://touchlockpro.sourceforge.net/BattClock.html.

The only disadvantage to that program, is on WM6.5 (I'm not sure about 6.1) if you have a transparent top start bar, the place where this program adds itself remains black for me. So I have a small patchy black box where my time is, on a transparent bar - doesn't look to great. Batti on the other hand looks and works very well on my phone. I'm not sure if someone has already linked it, but I will again: Batti.

John

Guest problematika

hi guys, i have some stupid question...couse im noob. can someone give me an adress for dl and installation of SPB Shell 3.5 (or 3.5.1)? i can only find a trial version... :S

Guest mejim707

Any help would be great, I've applied the increasing ring patch and now I have no ring at all. Since the file was a cab I have no clue what it modified. Please help

Guest alexovy
Any help would be great, I've applied the increasing ring patch and now I have no ring at all. Since the file was a cab I have no clue what it modified. Please help

have you tried to uninstall it?

Guest dgmorland

ThumbCal v1.4.1 has been released. The previous version is mentioned in the calendar apps in the recommended apps page posting at the start of this thread. This new version fixes up the only issues I had with the old version. It has a few more features than the standard Samsung calendar app and, if you choose the black theme, it blends nicely with the rest of the Samsung apps.

You can get a 14 day trial from here.

Guest duongthang

Hi,

Sorry abt a noobie questions...I using rom hd2 leo2 fusion. Can someone tell me how to use back the default window contact samsung. thank very much

Edited by duongthang

Guest e_yoshida

Hi, i don`t know if anyone asked this already, but how i do disable the samsung volume skin ?

It hangs my sistem when i try to change volume sometimes, i want to use windows default !

Thanks