T*OMNIA2's very smooth mainmenu It's like IPhone!! (attached mainmenu.exe file)

Guest Tianake
Hello again

I have attached a screenshot of the mainmenu.exe with taskswitcher button.

This is the version I am looking for. I am really missing this mainmenu.exe in JE3 rom (6.5.3)

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to replace the window default with this mainmenu.exe so that it will always appear when the phone is unlocked?

Thanks

Guest azza6
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to replace the window default with this mainmenu.exe so that it will always appear when the phone is unlocked?

Thanks

If you use S2U2, you can set it to run the .exe when unlocked. :)

I don't know about any other lockscreens.

Azza.

http://www.4shared.com/file/236784120/86af..._DB22part2.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/236791578/f8b4..._DB22part1.html

Here it is SCH-M710(715) WM6.5 DB22 ROM

Never don't update to your i8000 or b7610!!

Hi kgp700,

is this korean or english ROM?

Do you also have some manual of M715 T-OMNIA II to be posted either in korean or english as I have only korean language which I do not understand so I cannot set up some settings.

My previous smartfone was WM6.1 and I had a look at OMNIA i8000 II but it is slighly different in detailed settings I guess.

THX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, guys i have a omnia 2 with singapore 6.5 wm version , iam unable to install this menu mod , i coped in my main storage and also in windows start menu folder when i tap on the mainmenu.exe, nothing happns it returns back to main menu, can any 1 help?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest 13thProphet

how do you install this?

i tried copying the files to my phone's windows folder but the new files gets labeled "main menu(1).exe".

i can't seem to delete or overwrite the original main menu file.

by the way, i'm using Omnia II 6.5. thanks!

Guest Omega Ra
how do you install this?

i tried copying the files to my phone's windows folder but the new files gets labeled "main menu(1).exe".

i can't seem to delete or overwrite the original main menu file.

by the way, i'm using Omnia II 6.5. thanks!

you have to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander as they are allowed to overwrite ROM files.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Geparders
Few notes:

1. The menu names will be gone (for example My Menu, Games, Apps, whatever you used to have). They will be replaced with 1-10 (don't care too much).

2. The menu is as fast with 10 pages as with 1. I have 10 so I know B)

3. The .mui file is optional

4. The rename trick described in my post #37 on page 2, might work with Resco Explorer

5. Works in GT-I8000 UK :)

Again, as I said on my post in January, please share the rom! See mattb777, I was right, that/this was/is the TouchWiz MainMenu, just for another device!

A big thank you for sharing this!

Guest Geparders
Few notes:

1. The menu names will be gone (for example My Menu, Games, Apps, whatever you used to have). They will be replaced with 1-10 (don't care too much).

2. The menu is as fast with 10 pages as with 1. I have 10 so I know B)

3. The .mui file is optional

4. The rename trick described in my post #37 on page 2, might work with Resco Explorer

5. Works in GT-I8000 UK :)

Again, as I said on my post in January, please share the rom! See mattb777, I was right, that/this was/is the TouchWiz MainMenu, just for another device!

A big thank you for sharing this!

Guest tedkord
Here I made another Main Menu.cab (English only) file from the first page with Start menu Icon that can be remapped to any hard button

You can try it.

It wasn't in english.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tedkord
+1

If you uses Arto's start menu remover to stop the WinMo start menu from loading, that saves about 10-13mb of ram. Then, this program uses about 2-3mb.

I use Arto's to remove the default start menu, but this also removes the windows menu button and the "X" button (they are just gone). There's a .cab file to reenable the "X" button, and then I use a regedit to re-enable the Windows menu button. Then, I use X-Task (which I have installed to make the "X" button close apps instead of minimizing them) to map the start menu in this thread to the WinMo menu button.

It works, but now that I have a working Sense rom (thanks to AMDZero), it's not really necessary - the Sense ROM has a program tab. I still use Arto to remove it, then reenable both buttons for memory savings, but I don't need to map it to this app. In fact, I just map it to X-Task's built in start menu. Saves about 12mb overall.

Guest bobhero
If you uses Arto's start menu remover to stop the WinMo start menu from loading, that saves about 10-13mb of ram. Then, this program uses about 2-3mb.

I use Arto's to remove the default start menu, but this also removes the windows menu button and the "X" button (they are just gone). There's a .cab file to reenable the "X" button, and then I use a regedit to re-enable the Windows menu button. Then, I use X-Task (which I have installed to make the "X" button close apps instead of minimizing them) to map the start menu in this thread to the WinMo menu button.

It works, but now that I have a working Sense rom (thanks to AMDZero), it's not really necessary - the Sense ROM has a program tab. I still use Arto to remove it, then reenable both buttons for memory savings, but I don't need to map it to this app. In fact, I just map it to X-Task's built in start menu. Saves about 12mb overall.

Thanks tedKord, after your suggestion I found this thread with an all in one cab that replaces start menu and installs xtask

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=817137

This is the kind of UI i want for O2. Simple, fast and low ram usage.

Is there anyway to make it as a today plugin? Would love if its possible....

I recently just started using it as my main UI. You don't really need it as a today plugin, just keep it running all the time. I get my notifications and time from the lock screen, and when I unlock my phone, there's the nice menu UI to navigate.

Kind of going on this thought, does anyone know if it's possible to turn the "settings" in the middle at the bottom into a clock of some sorts? Maybe "aim" that link at the Samsung clock app, but display the time as well?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...