nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest wish master

Hi Rapid,

The best sense rom I ever tried, fast, smooth and reliable.

Can you help me to get smart reader which can scan business card

I tried smart reader from cab repository but failed to function, even install in my device.

Always show cant recognise message after scan business card.

I needthat badly as I have a lot of cards to save.

Please help

Guest skoda60
Hi Rapid,

The best sense rom I ever tried, fast, smooth and reliable.

Can you help me to get smart reader which can scan business card

I tried smart reader from cab repository but failed to function, even install in my device.

Always show cant recognise message after scan business card.

I needthat badly as I have a lot of cards to save.

Please help

you can found Smart reader in Twu2 lite ROM on JE1 and JE2.

Guest Man12529
any one notice. the time on sense and the time on taskbar or lockscreen is some time not syn?.. that one time sense time show 8.00 but the actual tine is 8.10.. lock screen or taskbar reflect the correct time.

hi anyone? attached the screen shot

post-571467-1274096813_thumb.png

Guest sotpap

great update in 4.2.I had some crashes before with task manager when closing apps but now its all ok.The only problem so far is that i cant run the rapid_original_boot.cab as it say that istallation was unsuccesful any ideas?Also if i change the sms in the original of samsung skinned app is there going to be any problem?Has anyone found any sollution to change the languages in keyboard by space?i have looked everywhere but i haven`t found any sollution.Keep the great work guys.

Guest Aurangzeb
great rom by rapid..thanks mate..currently on v4.12..goin for 4.2

- fast sense 2.5

- battery last longer than expected

a few things dat i would like to figure it out..

- is it just me or the sense 2.5 with cookies tab crashes/freeze every time when i wanna change the layout..?

is der any work-around/ways for me the change the home layout..? mind point me 2 the rite directions..

- did anyone got an error when launching garmin-xt..? i got this error saying "misalignment blabla.." help me out anyone..

- any universal csc to be use for malaysian users..? or point the rite direction..

thanks.. ^^

i`ve got no problem with garmin-xt,maybe u should try to reinstall it back

about the csc,i`m stilll searching for it

Guest Aurangzeb
would like u to try the mms maybe cant received but can send mms...pls verify this fren...

yes,i can send but can`t receive

before this ure posting some rom with csc,are the csc include in that rom that was u`re using right now and there was no problem with mms receiving?

i`m using the xsoja2 now and there is no Nsoja2 after hours searching,can u explain what csc are currently that u are using

my telco is celcom

Guest wish master
you can found Smart reader in Twu2 lite ROM on JE1 and JE2.

I tried. Installation OK, opening application OK.

taking image for business card OK

then image loading and warning "unable to recognise" appear.

Anyone can help? :)

Rapid, anything to do with registry?

Edited by wish master

Guest Elyad

my MY STORAGE disappeard after flashing this rom!! :):(;):(

I reflashed this rom even with eboot but nothing worked!!

And i can't flash official roms! :D cuz they need my storage!

Guest DJAviator
My happiness was short lived.

After a soft reset the local weather update didn't work anymore.

The added city under weather are updating.

Back to 4.12 and JD9.

Still trying to figure this one out too. I'll let you know.

-Geert

Guest Lex Sips
Still trying to figure this one out too. I'll let you know.

-Geert

Thanks Geert.

The fun thing is that Khuanchai's 16 Mar 2010: i8000IJ3_Sense_2.1 Lite ROM with BT voice dialing ROM (PDA only) does not have this problem.

Since Khuanchai stopped developing on the 6.1 based ROM's and went over to 6.5.x I lost intrest.

The realy cool thing of Rapid's ROM is they are 6.5 based (without the big button startmenu at the bottom) making it possible to use Cyberon Voice Speed Dial v1.2.

Cyberon Voice Speed Dial v1.2 is realy cool in a sense that you can use voice commmands to start programs or dial people.

I do like Rapid's ROM a lot, just hoping the fixed Orange settings are not screwing up my phone bill :).

What I'll do right now is flash Secany' 11-nov-2009 PDA_I8000NXXIJ9_HW_40 MST+CSC_I8000NXXIJ8+Phone_I8000XXIJ4_REV_04 as basis (good working 6.5 version) and add Rapid's 4.2 nb0 only to see if this works. It's one of his ROM's not having the Orange startup screen like Rapid's ROM and recognising your provider putting all necessary setting in place. I wonder since I tried installing installing Rapid's 4.2 nb0+CSC_I8000NXXIJ8 and it didn't do the trick... Crossing my fingers.

Will let know if it works.

EDIT 18-05-2010 00:16

Did the above.

Did Restore connections.

Did Operator settings. There is a list of operators to choose from, choosed KPN NED.

Did Browser settings, set to Internet.

Did the connections, install modem with KPN NED settings.

Did a soft reset.

Internet is working via KPN (stock is updating / additional cities under weather are updating) but only the My Location service is not working.

At least getting good at flashing v4.12 ;)

I'll flash only 4.12 to see if leaving out the CSC_I8000NXXJD9 is doing the trick.

Will do the same as described under EDIT 18-05-2010 00:20.

EDIT 18-05-2010 00:40

Same problem.

I guess the interaction between the 4.12 ROM and the CSC_I8000NXXJD9 is needed but the CSC_I8000NXXJD9 is creating issues for a lot of us using it.

Edited by Lex Sips

Guest juanenbas

Hi Rapid

I´m downloading the 4.20 but is correct install with CSC I8000NXXJD9 ????

Please tell me untill make the change myself

Regards

Juan

Guest jebise

what are your guys memory, i rarely use anything from the phone besides a few text and just listening to music and my the end of the day the RAM is at 24MB. But the phone still functions normally and i don 't notice any lagg and apps still open. It's like it uses the RAM but it just never releases it yet apps can allocate it when needed. Which i find weird and usually just stays around 24MB

Guest sakku

i just tried cookie home tab 1.7.1. and it run quite smooth on rapid81 4.2 sense rom.

the chteditor 1.7.1 also running. but still such a problem when i choose menu, edit home layout. o2 will be freeze, and should be restarted by moving the battery cover.

one things i still don't know is, how can analogue clock appeared ? i'm seaching the menu, but still not find it..

thanks..

Guest Aurangzeb

hai...now i`m using with XEUJD9 csc...didnt try the mms yet

only one question,is there any way for me to change at the current time,city from london to my country.

i have try the region setting but nothing change

Guest micmac
yes,i can send but can`t receive

before this ure posting some rom with csc,are the csc include in that rom that was u`re using right now and there was no problem with mms receiving?

i`m using the xsoja2 now and there is no Nsoja2 after hours searching,can u explain what csc are currently that u are using

my telco is celcom

:) sorry that posting was a mistake, actually cant receive mms as well, i should edit that post...sorry

PS: using Rapid_JD6_TF_1.3_Updated_ENG didnt have receive mms prob...

Guest tcraposo

Hey guys, nice rom i really apreciate it.

But i'm having a complete meltdown here, i saved all my numbers (phonebook) and messages (sms) in Kies (samsung program) and now after i've done the flashing i'm not being able to download the phonebook in the phone itself. I'm getting a error in "devicedataservice" in windows when i attempt to load the phonebook file in kies. Will someone please help me? My phonebook is huge and if no one helps i'm gonna have to put the phone numbers one by one on the cell phone :)

Another thing, i forgot to save some info that i had stored on those quick memos app of Samsung. Do i have some way of recovering that or is it really all lost?

Pls Help

Thanks!

Guest Elyad

my MY STORAGE disappeard after flashing this rom!!

And i can't flash official roms!cuz they need my storage!

Guest micmac

to be on the safe side, i've been using OCTANS_Mini.v2.11 to flash rom

and never found any problems...

Guest ular_king

You can actually reflash official rom but convert to nb0 format using rodrigo o2util....and then send back to service center...

Edited by ular_king

Guest Man12529
hi anyone? attached the screen shot

Addition problem.. i set my alarm clock using the samsung clock with custom ringtone. but somehow the ringtone will stop half way when ringing. did have this problem b4 with other rom with sense.. Thank!

Guest sakku

after trying to find out the way to configure cookie home tab version 1.7.1 without using cht editor which has some bugs when setting home screen layout, i find a way to hack the registry to make an analogue clock appear on home screen.

take a look at [HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\CoOkie\HomeLevel1], find the Clock.Layout key and change it with one value from 0-5. currently i'm using 5 which show both digital & analogue clock.

here's the capture screen of my o2.

post-678732-1274177689_thumb.jpg

i still don't find the way to arrange the coordinate of X & Y for each widgets such as appointment, clock, blackhitbox what the hell of this one :-), notifyicon, quicklinks, etc...

i want to make 4 quicklinks appear on 2 rows on that screen. anyone can give a clear idea how to do it ?

pls contribute here... thanks..

Guest jebise
hai...now i`m using with XEUJD9 csc...didnt try the mms yet

only one question,is there any way for me to change at the current time,city from london to my country.

i have try the region setting but nothing change

just add a city in the weather tab and then set that as the local clock in the home screen

Guest zyberace
after trying to find out the way to configure cookie home tab version 1.7.1 without using cht editor which has some bugs when setting home screen layout, i find a way to hack the registry to make an analogue clock appear on home screen.

take a look at [HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\CoOkie\HomeLevel1], find the Clock.Layout key and change it with one value from 0-5. currently i'm using 5 which show both digital & analogue clock.

here's the capture screen of my o2.

post-678732-1274177689_thumb.jpg

i still don't find the way to arrange the coordinate of X & Y for each widgets such as appointment, clock, blackhitbox what the hell of this one :-), notifyicon, quicklinks, etc...

i want to make 4 quicklinks appear on 2 rows on that screen. anyone can give a clear idea how to do it ?

pls contribute here... thanks..

I can't remember the value but I've posted reg entry for 2 rows quicklinks that I've exported around page 25. Please share that value if you find out.

Edit: Here is a link to the post http://www.modaco.com/content-page/307676/...xje2/page/480/#

Edited by zyberace

Guest cp7111269

this rom support chinese?

i m using the following phone, csc and pda now

PDA I8000NXXJA5

CSC I8000XSOJA2

PHONE I8000DXJA1

have to erace csc?

thanks a lot