nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest froggyman

Hi Rapid81,

Is it possible to just make a cab file for :-

" •My own call screen with bigger caller picture"

i am now using kydkylin 6.5.3 JD3 with your sense 2.5, but i perfer a bigger caller picture. :)

Thanks

Guest BadBert83

Are there any dutch users that can tell me if mms works properly?

I want to flash my phone (it has a tmobile firmware now, and that has even less program-ram available...) but i want to know if everything keeps working.

And can someone post a vid of a omnia II with the complete rom from post#1?

(help thru pm is much appriciated, including the selection of the correct csc)

Guest Lex Sips

I want to flash my phone (it has a tmobile firmware now, and that has even less program-ram available...) but i want to know if everything keeps working.

BadBert83,

I'am with KPN but I believe to be the first to have MMS sending / receiving working with Rapid's 4.2 ROM :)

I needed to install internet and MMS settings (from the KPN site http://qelp.kpn.com/Samsung/I8000-Omnia-II/Internet/), choosed auto pick and got it working.

I now have internet, stock and weather (also Local weather so it seems but need to check if the "auto update" is working) fully working.

Basically the only thing I flashed additionaly in comparison with my previous tries is the PHONE_I8000XXJD1 (via Rapishare http://files6.com/phone_i8000xxjd1_bin).

So I flashed the following:

CSC_I8000NXXJE1.CSC

Rapid_JE2_Sense_V4.2_ENG.nb0

PHONE_I8000XXJD1.bin

After compleet boot I added my provider settings.

Hope this helps a lot of the other happy users of this wonderfull ROM.

Edited by Lex Sips

Guest postinternet

I am also from the netherlands and i would like to hear your experiences with the dutch providers.

Please let me know!

Guest Lex Sips
I am also from the netherlands and i would like to hear your experiences with the dutch providers.

Please let me know!

See previous reply.

KPN seems to be working.

Guest DJAviator
See previous reply.

KPN seems to be working.

It still didn't do it for me. Any change for a tut?

I flashed my phone with the same files as you did, but I still don't get no weather updates. I updated the internet settings according to the website I send earlier.

-Geert

Guest Du5aN
this rom support chinese?

i m using the following phone, csc and pda now

PDA I8000NXXJA5

CSC I8000XSOJA2

PHONE I8000DXJA1

have to erace csc?

thanks a lot

Read previous posts :)

Guest Lex Sips
It still didn't do it for me. Any change for a tut?

I flashed my phone with the same files as you did, but I still don't get no weather updates. I updated the internet settings according to the website I send earlier.

-Geert

Geert,

What is not working for you?

MMS or weather update.

Tut is basically in my initial happy reply.

• Flash 4.20 + CSC + PHONE
    Apply KPN settings for Internet and MMS

There is a problem with the auto pick function, internet is going via the KPN MMS settings and as such not working anymore.
    selecting Mobiel Internet is not doing the trick either anymore, additional cities update fine but local weather is not functioning anymore.

Flashing 4.12 and the CSC+PHONE to see if this combination will do the trick more stable.

EDIT 23:18

I have now flashed 4.12 and the CSC+PHONE
    As for the KPN internet and KPN MMS settings I have made seperate profiles just like the standard Orange settings in the CSC file.
    So now I have
    • KPN Internet with the
http://qelp.kpn.com/Samsung/I8000-Omnia-II...stellen-WM-6.5/ settings
KPN MMS with the http://qelp.kpn.com/Samsung/I8000-Omnia-II...stellen-WM-6.5/ settings
Mis redes MMS (Orange settings)
Mis redes WAP (Orange settings)
Mi Internet (Orange settings)
My Work Network

The KPN Internet settings I use for regular internet (browsing / stock / weather (also local weather)) under Connections

The KPN MMS settings are used to setup MMS on the phone.

Even after a soft reset it still works.

Do you know what screen capture prog I can use to show some pictures? They might be helpfull.

So basically know I need to test if 4.20 and the CSC+PHONE with the same settings works.

Is that something you want to do?

Edited by Lex Sips

Guest jebise

After a couple of days using the new sence, the memory still drops way to fast i end up with 34MB at the end of the day with a fresh reboot when i leave in the morning. Mostly the phone is used as a MP3 player and maybe a few text nothing else yet the memory still drops quickly. I think the issue might be the media player cache of album art maybe?? what do you guys think? maybe its not releasing the allocated RAM and just keeps taking more? I wonder if there is a way we can force the phone to allocate certain amount of memory just for sence, like maybe make sence think there is only 30MB of RAM available while you actually have 90MB or w/e.

P.S i rarely see white squares in this sence build i see them sometimes in album art but nothing like before where every thing was turning white little by little. I hope you keep working on fixing and adding features to this, main priority i would say now since everything work's (except MMS which i did not try) is memory i would really love it if you can tweak it and fix whatever leaks or bugs and give us more memory to use. Usually SBP or WAD took a maximum of 20MB while sence on boot take about 25-30MB alone and yet again it drops as you use the tabs. SOLE REASON WHY I HATE SENCE

Edited by jebise

Guest Aurangzeb

because i`m using xeujd9,how could i change the current city in local time & date...

mms still not functioning to receive...maybe i should try another csc...or perhaps any users from malaysia or singapore can help?

Guest Nevidimka
my MY STORAGE disappeard after flashing this rom!!

I reflashed this rom even with eboot but nothing worked!!

And i can't flash official roms!cuz they need my storage!

+1, My Storage disappeared 2 days ago and never came back. Tried the solution described on modaco and also referred to by one of the users here, it did not work.

ALSO, do not change the home tab wallpaper as there is no way to get the wallpaper back at all! Default wallpaper msg does not come up and all known solutions of registry or jpg/gif manipulations also did not work.

Also, could not get internet settings to apply automatically, which was working perfectly fine with my previous Rom.

Resizing of the sms window in Sense when the keyboard is up distorts the view and makes it impossible to make selections or read the messages, same for Add location in weather.

Edited by Nevidimka

Guest Rapid81
1. +1, My Storage disappeared 2 days ago and never came back. Tried the solution described on modaco and also referred to by one of the users here, it did not work.

2. ALSO, do not change the home tab wallpaper as there is no way to get the wallpaper back at all! Default wallpaper msg does not come up and all known solutions of registry or jpg/gif manipulations also did not work.

3. Also, could not get internet settings to apply automatically, which was working perfectly fine with my previous Rom.

4. Resizing of the sms window in Sense when the keyboard is up distorts the view and makes it impossible to make selections or read the messages, same for Add location in weather.

1. That's not the ROM's fault. That's a faulty in the device.

2. If you cannot do it, that's not means it's not possible. You just need to clear the HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\HomeBackgroundPath registry entry. That's all.

3. That's a problem in the CSC what you're using.

4. That is happen in all ported Sense because GK's OpenGL wrapper. That's how it needs to work or else the Sense will crashes. Try other Senses and you'll see. That's not an error, that's a thing what you need to live with.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Nevidimka

Thanks for the work you have done, it's the ROM I'm using regardless of anything.

1.) Might be the case, but looks like a very bad coincidence.

2.) Registry tweak did not work for me.

3.) Agree with you here, just couldn't find the right one.

4.) Thanks, now I know how it works.

:)

Guest Rapid81
And in the newest version, does the auto brightness setting work? I found that option really usefull....

You need to set it in the Samsung or WinMo settings, because the Sense want to use the HTC lightsensor, which is not presented in O2.

Guest BadBert83
You need to set it in the Samsung or WinMo settings, because the Sense want to use the HTC lightsensor, which is not presented in O2.

Ok, so it is possible to activate that, good.

And maybe a stupid question, but does the phone still vibrate on touch?

Edited by BadBert83

Guest rul3s

Do I have to select English in the CSC when flashing? I flashed in English, but when I've finished, I puted Language settings in spanish and now it's like a oficial rom.

Will 3g connections work althought its configured in english? I don't have problems of understanding english, but I'm fear of data connections don't work properly.

Thanks you!

Guest dextro_
Ok, so it is possible to activate that, good.

And maybe a stupid question, but does the phone still vibrate on touch?

I think yes. :)

@Rapid

Do you think your tf3d cab will work on i900?

Guest Rapid81
I think yes. :)

@Rapid

Do you think your tf3d cab will work on i900?

I think this version of TF3D is just for WVGA. But i heard earlier, the WQVGA version exists a long time ago for i900. But if I remember correctly, just M2D, because the i900 has no 3D hardware.

Guest jmsmartins
I think this version of TF3D is just for WVGA. But i heard earlier, the WQVGA version exists a long time ago for i900. But if I remember correctly, just M2D, because the i900 has no 3D hardware.

yes that's correct ;) i think that if there was a chance of TF3D work on i900 sector had port it.. he only ported TF2D because like u said, i900 doesn't have 3D hardware. also i think that tf3d would be slow as hell on i900 since it's not that fast and smooth in O2 :)

Guest rul3s

I still see somthings in Italy, like day of the weak, opera, etc... and I've flashed 2 times trying with english, and trying with spanish. How can I see it all in English?

Guest dextro_
yes that's correct ;) i think that if there was a chance of TF3D work on i900 sector had port it.. he only ported TF2D because like u said, i900 doesn't have 3D hardware. also i think that tf3d would be slow as hell on i900 since it's not that fast and smooth in O2 :)

yeah like I tought, thanks. there's some TF2D ported to omnia 2? it would be very fast, no?

@Rapid

can you explain why your sense is slower then the TF3D? the reason why. In the first post you say that your sense is final version so it would faster, or am i wrong?

Guest jmsmartins
yeah like I tought, thanks. there's some TF2D ported to omnia 2? it would be very fast, no?

@Rapid

can you explain why your sense is slower then the TF3D? the reason why. In the first post you say that your sense is final version so it would faster, or am i wrong?

i think that a TF2D for omnia2 would be fast and smooth because it is with i900. but who would use/want it? m2d v1 for i900 is faster, smoother than v2 but everyone wants the newest version of everything.. tf2d for O2 would be awesome and probably very easy to port.. maybe if we do some noise :)

Edited by jmsmartins

Guest jebise

installed s2p today and noticed my RAM stayed around 60MB, so it is the media player that is take up so much RAM is there a way we can tweak it?