Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

the problem isn't bluethoot but the installation . who is able to install it? if you can help me out because it had also changed the startup file does not change anything with the screen freezes pink

Guest sambosat

Just get lost, if your are complaining so much about this project. Try porting Android on to your own Omnia 2, and see how fast you can port it correctly. Tsk.

That is exactly what I wanted to say.

All I can say thank you dev for this and thank you for all the time you spend with this project

Guest voyteckst

No Bluetooth? badword you you badword bricks! - how long is this s*** goign to take to be fully functional? stupid beaners! look at te HTC - they have a full working android and even windows Phone 7 since atleast one Year! Lazy ass Sieasta not worth a dollar beaners.

Constructive answer to Your post is: HTC has more phones with the same hardware as their WM phones. That's why it's so "fast". No other phone with the same hardware (phone it's not only CPU) as GT-I8000 exist.

Edited by voyteckst

Constructive answer to Your post is: HTC has more phones with the same hardware as their WM phones. That's why it's so "fast". No other phone with the same hardware (phone it's not only CPU) as GT-I8000 exist.

"Don't feed the..." ;P

The new beta works great, who needs bluetooth anyway? ;P

i'm really happy coz i finally installed it and all my contacts are there..but the sim card tool wasn't there..it was there in the previous beta..also when i rebooted the phone..my sd card became corrupted..anyway..thank you very much to the dev's!!!!really appreciate what you have done for us..

Guest lalinde89

Great work form the developers!i think a lot of people is really happy with the project!!very polite answer from the developer!thx for the new beta!!

Guest aggress2009

Thank you for development, B2 very good, let i8000 eat ice cream. In addition to feedback some bug recording is not working, the light sensing have problems at work. 2D / 3D certain game background can not show? A white piece of,,. Note: I am from China English is not good

Guest bamodile

Good evening all the world

Craftiness:

to use the usb with froyo on Windows 7 without breaking itself the head?

And download on the SD without ironing it winmobile or to remove the sd?

If you know a friend,,a menbrer of your family etc. which has a phone under android (in my case a galaxy ace which I have just bought for my wife), it is enough to connect this such (under android) who(which) is going to take care by the intermediate of Windows to take drivers ..... which are well.

Once the ended operation you can connect the omnia 2 with android and to see your sd it is naturally that the debogage usb owes etre activated

im' french , my english is not very good

Cordially

Guest João Rodolfo

I installed android from the site o2droid phj hu

It started well recognized my 3g network, get all my mails from gmail, syncronized everything.

That looked amazing biggrin.gif but after some tests I started to get some problems.

Nothing really important or at this time I don't care about its rolleyes.gif but one problem I'm getting is really important to solve. frown.gif

I cannot make calls. eek.gif

When I try to do it it not complete the calling.

It also shows the icon that I have a message on my voicemail but If I try to get it something happen as it not complete the call or the calling is droped.

Does anyone here knows something about it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ahmed El-Nemr

Hi guys, I hope to be fine all

Really thanks alot for your AMAZING work, but unfortunately I did all installation steps as mentioned before but it doesn't work. After I run haret.exe for the second time from the root folder not from o2beta folder a pink screen is appeared then nothing else. Note : My Storage ( 16 GB ) is not available on my phone and I am using only the MicroSC Card ( 4 GB ) and did all the previous steps on the SD CARD, so Can I use the MicroSD Card instead of My Storage ????

Thanks again for your cooperation

Guest setanick

thanks to all that involve on omnia 2 droid

i have successfully install my omnia 2 with latest configuration from My linkhttp://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

im using auto install on sd card

1. need to used Sd card more than 2 GB

2. make sure have space on internal memory round 3 GB

its look great all thing are function.

1. sync with my google account

2. install apps from market

3. make a call

4. GPRS connection

5. GPS connection

6. Camrea and video function

7. all sensor. like G sensor are working

8. Wifi are wirking .

- have bugs when on wifi and your phone turn to sleep. for my cases no need to reboot the phone. just disable the wifi and enable it back and your wifi will be connected.

problems that i have is

1. my time always change when i reboot on android. but date are ok

2. to much using my battery

3. when install it on SD card.. some application need a SD card and its not detect my SD card.

Guest erikcas

thanks to all that involve on omnia 2 droid

i have successfully install my omnia 2 with latest configuration from My linkhttp://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

im using auto install on sd card

1. need to used Sd card more than 2 GB

2. make sure have space on internal memory round 3 GB

its look great all thing are function.

1. sync with my google account

2. install apps from market

3. make a call

4. GPRS connection

5. GPS connection

6. Camrea and video function

7. all sensor. like G sensor are working

8. Wifi are wirking .

- have bugs when on wifi and your phone turn to sleep. for my cases no need to reboot the phone. just disable the wifi and enable it back and your wifi will be connected.

problems that i have is

1. my time always change when i reboot on android. but date are ok

2. to much using my battery

3. when install it on SD card.. some application need a SD card and its not detect my SD card.

The is a new topic active, please post your questions there.

Here you can find the topic.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ajnabi-dost

Hi! i am new to this stuff. Just installed Froyo 2.2 beta 2 on my Omnia II. initially everything worked well, but lately it has started freezing with screen going blank. I have no idea how to resolve this problem. Can anyone help me, thanks.

Guest erikcas

Hi! i am new to this stuff. Just installed Froyo 2.2 beta 2 on my Omnia II. initially everything worked well, but lately it has started freezing with screen going blank. I have no idea how to resolve this problem. Can anyone help me, thanks.

Better post your question in this topic.

It is beta3 now

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How to install Android for Omnia 2 - Beta3 -

watch the video

in English and spanish

Froyo_samsung_omnia_II_i_8000_beta_2.jpg

Hello from a newbie.

Thanks in advance for the whole effort.

I face a problem and I would appreciate your help.

I followed (sort of) the above instructions to have my Omnia II receive android.

The instructions are very simple, BUT somewhere between the updates of Beta 2 and the installing procedure of Beta 3, I lost my way.

There is a text part that says

Install the Beta 2 Updates:

• We enter to the internal 8 Gb memory of our mobile, rename the file “frb2updat.tar.gz” to “frb2update.tar.gz” and run the file “haret.exe”, reboot our Android, again.

but the unzipped folder didn't have any file of this. So, I skipped this line and did the following

Reboot Android again and go to the 8Gb memory of our mobile (Notice that the file “frb2update.tar.gz” is no longer there, that fact indicates that the update is already done) and now, rename the file called “frb2update2.tar.gz” to “frb2update.tar.gz” and run the file “haret.exe” as the last step for this installation of Beta 2, finally we reboot

There I made the mistake of renaming the frb2update1.tar.gz, too, to frb2update.tar.gz. and followed the same procedure.

After that, it was unable to install beta 3.

So, I decided to boot to WinMo, delete everything and trying to reinstall the beta 2.

The problem is that I get stuck on the pink screen. I know it says "a few minutes", but the first time it was passed in a few minutes indeed, and now it is the second "15minutes" that passes without any response.

What I want is help me do installation, since it is obvious that I skip something or I don't delete something.

Kind regards,

Anastasios

Hi again

The solution was finally more or less obvious..

I had to delete the partition that was created the first time on the sd card.

Now everything is perfect.

Cheers!

Guest voyteckst

is it safe to run this on korean M715. supposedly it's the same as the i8000.

It's mostly the same (probably phone part could be different). Just test it and You will know.

Guest floris1996

Hi all i am biginer with android and i do all that up i install the adroidinstall.exe and then the secont step to run the haret.exe ...ok

but i whait for long time and the sqreen lagg at the ferst loading the adroind ..and dont open whay ? thenx my fone is the Samsung Omnia 2 GT-I8000

Edited by floris1996

• 1 month later...
Guest krivda

I have a problem. I run my phone haret.exe to extract from the invisible can not open Script file / memory karta/cm_beta2/deaful.txt.