Jr10 **3G** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7 3G

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr5 is now available in the kitchen! As usual, after a short period of testing both by myself and kitchen users it'll be available as prebake! :)

This is mostly an app update / fix + tweak release. The 'gradient fix' is now also included in all bakes, if you spot any remaining bad gradients please report to the elite 'G-Squad' by posting in this topic and it'll get fixed. :P

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year - thanks for your support in 2012... looking forward to 2013! :)

P

Changelog

28th December Jr5

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Gradient fix - if you spot any bad gradients please post in topic.
  • Numerous small improvements and bug fixes.

Guest Terence Tan

Jr5 is now available in the kitchen! As usual, after a short period of testing both by myself and kitchen users it'll be available as prebake! :)

This is mostly an app update / fix + tweak release. The 'gradient fix' is now also included in all bakes, if you spot any remaining bad gradients please report to the elite 'G-Squad' by posting in this topic and it'll get fixed. :P

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year - thanks for your support in 2012... looking forward to 2013! :)

P

Changelog

28th December Jr5

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Gradient fix - if you spot any bad gradients please post in topic.
  • Numerous small improvements and bug fixes.

Could you include the USB tethering (internet) feature in the kitchen too?

Some references - here , here and here

Thanks

Guest Terence Tan

I have an issue with the TORCH OFF tile, when i tick off that option from Quick settings ctrl panel it doesn't take that tile off, even for other tiles too. Please advise.

Thanks

Guest Terence Tan

I have an issue with the TORCH OFF tile, when i tick off that option from Quick settings ctrl panel it doesn't take that tile off, even for other tiles too. Please advise.

Thanks

My bad, sorry about it... didn't actually know got to touch on the "apply settings" of the quick settings ctrl panel.

Guest PaulOBrien

Prebake is now online! :)

I'm offline this week, but i'll read all posts on my return and prepare the next update. Thanks for your support and Happy New Year! :)

P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PaulOBrien

So here's something i'm considering (well, actually, testing right now)... a MCMCR to go with the MCR. Think MCR, with many of the same kitchen, ,options, tweaks and optimisations, but instead based on the CyanogenMod 10.1 4.2 latest code. Probably re-built to the latest code every Friday for something to play with over the weekend.

Good idea?

P

I love CyanogenMod on my NexusOne but it consumes more battery life than the stock, and certain apps crash that didn't crash when in stock (like Seesmic).

It certainly offers a lot more options and far more flexibility for the user to [ab]use the system. It's actually hard to decide which to choose: The stock MCR or the CM based MCR!

Silly Q.. In the kitchen how can I get the standard google 4.2 keyboard I have tried several options but I keep in getting the ASUS keyboard rather than the AOSP 4.2 standard..

Thanks...

Edited by ozgreg

Guest PaulOBrien
Silly Q.. In the kitchen how can I get the standard google 4.2 keyboard I have tried several options but I keep in getting the ASUS keyboard rather than the AOSP 4.2 standard..

Thanks...

You should get both. Ensure one of the two keyboard options is chosen.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

A minor update has been uploaded to the kitchen this afternoon. I'm working on the next main update including more features from CM and a few fixes and enhancements.

P

Changelog

18th Jan

• Updated all 3rd party components
  • Added MoDaCo Forums app

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PaulOBrien

New release online in kitchen and prebake! :)

Changelog

30th Jan Jr6

• Updated all components to the latest release
  • Added additional CyanogenMod options to the kitchen
  • Minor fixes and improvements

18th Jan

• CyanogenMod parts updated to 180113 nightly
    • Updated all 3rd party components
    • Added MoDaCo Forums app

• 2 weeks later...
Guest john-henri

Hi Paul! Any chance you will update the MCR to 4.2.2 since it's avaliable for download?

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_nakasig/357318e165a8.signed-nakasig-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.357318e1.zip

TIA!

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi Paul! Any chance you will update the MCR to 4.2.2 since it's avaliable for download?

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_nakasig/357318e165a8.signed-nakasig-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.357318e1.zip
[/CODE]

TIA!

In progress!

P

Guest BiggerBaloo

Great work, loving it. Is anyone having issues with the official eBay app? Mine freezes, so I'm forced to just use chrome. No biggy, and I've uninstalled the app to remove temptation after much swearing :-)

Guest PaulOBrien
Woke up to find I'd got a "System update downloaded" - not that I'm going to install it, I imagine it would not go smoothly......

It just won't install. Update is coming!

P

Guest ein777er

Woke up to find I'd got a "System update downloaded" - not that I'm going to install it, I imagine it would not go smoothly......

me too :-) I got it today...

kind regards