Jr10 **3G** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7 3G

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Ydnaroo

Hi

Is there anywhere I can download one of the old MoDaCo N7 3G ROMs, I have an app that won't run on 4.2.x onwards and will never be updated. I'd like to try the last of the 4.2.1 ROMs. I thought I had one I baked last year but I cannot find it!

Cheers - Y

Guest Ydnaroo

So you need which version?

P

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply :) The last 4.2.1 prebake for the 3G variant would be great.

As an aside, is there any info anywhere on the changes introduced in 4.2.x that commonly cause problems with older apps?

Cheers - Y

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply :) The last 4.2.1 prebake for the 3G variant would be great.

As an aside, is there any info anywhere on the changes introduced in 4.2.x that commonly cause problems with older apps?

Cheers - Y

The last 4.2.1 prebake is the one still in the first post!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul

Cheers - Y

Also, I've seen no app issues at all with 4.2.2. Are you sure that's the problem?

P

Guest Ydnaroo

The last 4.2.1 prebake is the one still in the first post!

P

Arrgghhhh!! I meant to say 4.1.2 in posts #101 & #103 above. Sorry!!

Edited by Ydnaroo

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr7, based on the JDQ39 / 4.2.2 release, is now in the kitchen!

Since this is a COMPLETE rebase, it'd be great if kitchen users could test it before I create the prebake. As always, once everything is confirmed OK, i'll put up the prebake.

Enjoy! :)

P

Changelog

22nd Feb

• Completely rebased on JDQ39 (4.2.2) with all MCR features and updates merged in.

Guest tehSmoogs

Jr7, based on the JDQ39 / 4.2.2 release, is now in the kitchen!

Since this is a COMPLETE rebase, it'd be great if kitchen users could test it before I create the prebake. As always, once everything is confirmed OK, i'll put up the prebake.

Enjoy! :)

P

Thx Paul!

Downloading from the kitchen now....

Guest Ydnaroo

I didn't do any 4.1 ROMs for this device i'm afraid, Jr1 was 4.2.

P

OK. Thanks anyway Paul.

(Having thought about this again, I don't think there was a 4.1.2 for the 3G, I was thinking of the 16Gb WiFi N7 I had until recently. Doh! :wacko: )

Thanks again - Y.

Guest cmstlist

I don't see any option to save kitchen options, nor does it seem to auto-save in any way that associates with my MoDaCo account. If anything it appears to save options on a per-browser basis (e.g. my tablet remembers options when I access them on-device and so does my computer, but when I change on one it doesn't remember on the other). Any thoughts?

Guest PaulOBrien
I don't see any option to save kitchen options, nor does it seem to auto-save in any way that associates with my MoDaCo account. If anything it appears to save options on a per-browser basis (e.g. my tablet remembers options when I access them on-device and so does my computer, but when I change on one it doesn't remember on the other). Any thoughts?

It's cookie based atm, I have a different method in the works. :-)

P

Guest cmstlist

Apologies for cross posting.

Baked a kitchen ROM, trying it now.

Did you forget to put tethering back in? It's missing from the Wireless & Networks menu. I can activate it from quick settings but it doesn't seem to connect using my previous password.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Guest PaulOBrien
Apologies for cross posting.

Baked a kitchen ROM, trying it now.

Did you forget to put tethering back in? It's missing from the Wireless & Networks menu. I can activate it from quick settings but it doesn't seem to connect using my previous password.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Ah yes, apologies, I'll fix that!

P

Guest bbawden

Just grabbed JR7. Seems to work fine, except the quick settings app.

When I long press the settings icon from the pull down area, it gives me "System UI has stopped" and it doesn't go into the settings (this is the custom app to choose which settings appear in the quick settings area).

I definitely checked the option, so could be a bug.

Guest Sans143

I am having an issue where wifi does not turn on with the new base Jr7. I did the online kitchen and everything else seems to work except when I try to turn on wife its stuck on "turning Wi-Fi on". Any ideas?

-Sans

Guest Dietmar Barro

Most likely it is Google who is responsible, but in the German localisation of Jr6 the options are not correct translated.

The options for handling WiFi should be:

Nie (never) instead of Immer (Always) for the first option and

Immer (Always) for the third option instead of Nie (never)

Guest PaulOBrien

Can I go back from Jr7 to Jr6 if my bake has issues by simply flashing the old version via TWRP? I am relying on a functining WiFi actually ...

Yes, but WiFi is fine in Jr7 for me?

Most likely it is Google who is responsible, but in the German localisation of Jr6 the options are not correct translated.

The options for handling WiFi should be:

Nie (never) instead of Immer (Always) for the first option and

Immer (Always) for the third option instead of Nie (never)

Oops! Is that the same on Jr7?

P

Guest Dietmar Barro

Same on Jr7 ..., I hope I am right, can not recheck with the original FW or any other gadget actually.

WiFi option on how to behave staying conneted in sleepmode should be:

1 - Never (Nie) - is Immer (always)

2 - Only when connectes to power source - correct

3 - Always (Immer) - causes higher power consumption (in German loc "erhöht den Datenverbrauch" which is nonsense and should be"verkürzt die Akkulaufzeit") - is Nie (never)

BTW - baseband did not update - I checked the "update" box before cooking ...

And no quick settings as well, neither by holding the settings button nor as app as in Jr6.

WiFi no problems.

Edited by Dietmar Barro