[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest jackosterman
Is it possible to update the xposed framework and instal gravity box? :) btw,great rom :)
Not a problem. Just uninstall XposedInstaller.apk from /system/app, install the latest build (no need to move the new installer to system), hit Install/Update from within the framework, reactivate modules (or install GravityBox) and reboot. You'll still be able to access the Xposed UI from the ol' FusionX settings, as well as a new icon in your app drawer. Edited by jackosterman

Guest Snakepit

Hey, guys!

Newly registered user of the forum and an owner of Huawei Ascend Y300 for a few months now.
Just decided to finally give in and root my phone. Installed this ROM and been exploring it for a while. So far it's pretty solid. Forgive my retardedness, though, but how can I actually access my storage...? :( On the stock ROM there was this app called File Manager, where I could browse the contents of my SD Card and my Internal Storage. Where's the equivalent here? I wanted to install that battery application on the first page, but never managed to find how to access my SD card, so had to download it from the mobile internet.

Also can I change the lockscreen (slide version) shortcuts somehow or it's strictly theme-related and have to change the whole theme? I want to remove the camera and google shortcuts, just need an unlock function alone. And can I change the lock screen wallpaper?

What turned out to be a simple question ended up being a spamfest, haha! :)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Snakepit

Guest CrimsonCrap
Hey, guys! Newly registered user of the forum and an owner of Huawei Ascend Y300 for a few months now. Just decided to finally give in and root my phone. Installed this ROM and been exploring it for a while. So far it's pretty solid. Forgive my retardedness, though, but how can I actually access my storage...? :( On the stock ROM there was this app called File Manager, where I could browse the contents of my SD Card and my Internal Storage. Where's the equivalent here? I wanted to install that battery application on the first page, but never managed to find how to access my SD card, so had to download it from the mobile internet. Also can I change the lockscreen somehow or it's strictly theme-related and have to change the whole theme? Thanks in advance!
You cannot change the lock screen in this rom and it doesn't change with a new theme aswell.As for storage,Tillaz has removed the file explorer app so users could install one of their choice.I would suggest "ES file explorer" though. Edited by CrimsonCrap

Guest Snakepit

Thanks for the quick reply!

Also one more thing - in my contacts, some of the contacts have "mobile" next to their name, others have "other". How is that description defined, when they all have the same source (mobile number) and same format? And also I have some duplicates that appear nameless and with a different number format. For example:

- Contact X, number 123-456-7890 (with dashes)

- Empty name and picture, number 1234567890 (10-digit number, same as the one above, no spaces, but that's how I put them normally on every single contact, so the format of the one above is faulty).

Guest CrimsonCrap

Thanks for the quick reply!

Also one more thing - in my contacts, some of the contacts have "mobile" next to their name, others have "other". How is that description defined, when they all have the same source (mobile number) and same format? And also I have some duplicates that appear nameless and with a different number format. For example:

- Contact X, number 123-456-7890 (with dashes)

- Empty name and picture, number 1234567890 (10-digit number, same as the one above, no spaces, but that's how I put them normally on every single contact, so the format of the one above is faulty).

I am sorry but I can't help you with this one as I have never experienced what you are talking about in the second half of the post.As for the "other" problem.it all depends upon which format you save the numbers as.Sure the source is mobile but the phone doesn't know that.if its really bothering you though then go to contacts click on a contact that says "other" after the number.now click on the menu button and choose edit.Now next to the number the other will be changeable.change that to the appropriate type.

I hope I explained it right English isn't my primary language.

Guest Snakepit

Yes, you explained that perfectly, don't see why you're worrying about your English :)

As for the other part - maybe it had something to do with me choosing "Import from SIM" of my contacts while they were already inside through the sync with my google account. Although in the stock ROM there was an option to delete each section separately. For example - delete duplicates; delete SIM contacts; delete phone contacts; delete Google contacts, etc etc. Maybe they got duplicated somehow, or.... Dunno... Oh well, guess I'll have to live with it.

Guest easyfast2008

Hi I just installed 6.1 beta version 2 days ago.

Everything seems pretty good, the only problem I noticed is battery usage when WIFI is on.

When I turn on WIFI battery usage is very fast but, last night I turned it off when I go to sleep battery was 80% after 9 hours it was still 80%,actually its perfect if you could solve WIFI usage.

Any solution?

Thank you!

Guest Snakepit

Not sure if it's WiFi related issue. I went to bed on 80% battery with WiFi switched ON, 5.5 hours later batter was stil 80%.

As for my strange contact duplication issue, I found more info. Apparently it is just a function of the ability to put more than one number to one contact. That's why the other contact with the same number is right below the initial one, just without name and picture. But then again, why does it get duplicated and number 1 is in one format, number 2 in another - I got no idea.

Edited by Snakepit

Guest jackosterman

I believe you solved it in your second last post. The duplicate entries are likely the result of both importing from SIM and syncing with Google, both which seem to format numbers differently. I recall experiencing similar results. You can just go in and edit out the doubles; I know there's always a little cleanup involved whenever I switch ROMs.

Edited by jackosterman

Guest Snakepit

Yeah, already did that but still find it weird, because I have 333 Google contacts and 250/250 SIM contacts (all of the SIM ones are also part of these 333, I just copied the 250 most important there when I had to change phones with a non-smart one for a bit). So if things were getting duplicate, I should've had 250 duplicates, not like 30-40 :/

Also stumbled upon some minor misbehavior - when I reboot the phone, it doesn't automatically get connected to WiFi, but the WiFi icon is lit ON. I have to manually turn it on and off and only then it automatically grabs my home WiFi.

Guest big_bloke

The duplicate contacts are caused by the google sync, importing from sim and maybe whatsapp or other messaging apps too.

The best way to solve this is to import contacts from Sim BEFORE you allow the phone to connect to the internet via either wi fi or mobile data then when you do it won't produce the no named contacts.

Turn off wi-fi and disable mobile data then go to settings > apps > all  then scroll down to contacts storage select it then clear data. Then go to the people app in the drawer and import from sim, once you have done this you can turn back on wi-fi and mobile data when the phone syncs the duplicate issue should be resolved.

Guest easyfast2008

Not sure if it's WiFi related issue. I went to bed on 80% battery with WiFi switched ON, 5.5 hours later batter was stil 80%.

As for my strange contact duplication issue, I found more info. Apparently it is just a function of the ability to put more than one number to one contact. That's why the other contact with the same number is right below the initial one, just without name and picture. But then again, why does it get duplicated and number 1 is in one format, number 2 in another - I got no idea.

yeah today I check usage of WiFi and see this is not WiFi, It's just screen when I turning on the screen it drinks battery like a fish, in 5 minutes my battery gone from 60% to 50%!

I am not sure if stock Rom was like that!

Guest Snakepit

The duplicate contacts are caused by the google sync, importing from sim and maybe whatsapp or other messaging apps too.

The best way to solve this is to import contacts from Sim BEFORE you allow the phone to connect to the internet via either wi fi or mobile data then when you do it won't produce the no named contacts.

Turn off wi-fi and disable mobile data then go to settings > apps > all  then scroll down to contacts storage select it then clear data. Then go to the people app in the drawer and import from sim, once you have done this you can turn back on wi-fi and mobile data when the phone syncs the duplicate issue should be resolved.

Errr, I did this and now it's worse...in a different way.

What I mean? In "People" app the contacts are displayed properly (only once). In the "Phone" app (where you call people), ALL the contacts are doubled now. Contact A with number Y, below him Contact A with number Y and so on :(

Guest jackosterman

As all your contacts are synced to Google, can't you just skip the SIM import? Just clear data and resync. Edit: Wait, this makes no sense. The duplicates would've been synced to cloud by now. :wacko:

Edited by jackosterman

you can edit you contacts that are synced to your phone from your gmail account on a computer,

best thing to do is get them all on your Google account and wipe data for contacts let it sync again and just skip sim import as its really a thing of the past

Guest Snakepit

Yes, I decided to skipped the SIM import even before I read your replies :) Just wish there was a workaround; I know it's a thing in the past but it's still useful for me, like I said, there are times when I have to rely on it when moving to a non-smartphone and this is by far the easiest way. Oh well... :)

Yes, I decided to skipped the SIM import even before I read your replies :) Just wish there was a workaround; I know it's a thing in the past but it's still useful for me, like I said, there are times when I have to rely on it when moving to a non-smartphone and this is by far the easiest way. Oh well... :)

i know its still useful to have them on the sim as i do my self,

what i was saying is to get them all on your Google account as well and then they will all be synced to any android device you ever own

so its just the same as what's on the sim, without needing to import and when you add new contacts you can have them save to both sim and Google account  

Guest funtikar

yeah today I check usage of WiFi and see this is not WiFi, It's just screen when I turning on the screen it drinks battery like a fish, in 5 minutes my battery gone from 60% to 50%!

I am not sure if stock Rom was like that!

I noted that too...the screen percentage would be around 60% eventhough I've set brightness to lowest

Guest Romagnolo1973

I can't find exchange/mail in FAQ section. Could somebody post a download link?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ut2cv

don't use the sendspace accelerator they offer, uncheck the item and download normaly

Inside there is the email app by huawei and other apps from huawei (and not) that are working perfectly in Fusion

I forgot to say that you can simply unzipp the file on your pc and then put the single apps on your sd and install as usual, not choose to instal zip file from recovery or they becomes system app with high right and in some case is better don't let them this power

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest jackosterman

@tillaz

How simply would you say Xblast Tools could be updated? I've done so by removing XposedExtras.apk from /system/app and installing the latest Xblast. All without a hitch, and the module's settings can still be pulled from FusionX > Statusbar. What's given me slight pause, however, is under your System Tweaks settings page, the UI remains as it was before, with duplicate options as the newly updated Xblast settings. Not a problem in and of itself, just making sure the reinstalled Xblast won't conflict with anything you've baked into the ROM?

@tillaz

How simply would you say Xblast Tools could be updated? I've done so by removing XposedExtras.apk from /system/app and installing the latest Xblast. All without a hitch, and the module's settings can still be pulled from FusionX > Statusbar. What's given me slight pause, however, is under your System Tweaks settings page, the UI remains as it was before, with duplicate options as the newly updated Xblast settings. Not a problem in and of itself, just making sure the reinstalled Xblast won't conflict with anything you've baked into the ROM?

i coded system tweaks back when i had a G300,

its settings to modify the build.prop, and was originally a stand alone app, but recently i merged it into fusionX settings,

femblack recently added similar settings to his module which are slightly different,

as mine have extra options like enable soft buttons and the arrays are more configured for the G300/Y300 (devices with 800x480 res and 512mb RAM)