[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest jackosterman

Sad to see you go, Tillaz. But I'm glad we got a great ROM outta your time here.

In other news: Anyone getting notable battery drains while playing games? Not even intensive games, but your Angry Birds/Bejeweled/Fruit Ninja variety. Losing roughly a percent every two minutes, on a good day.

I don't remember if I had this issue on stock; I'll jump back eventually to test things out. It's odd, at any rate, considering I've already set the governor to conservative and have consequently accustomed myself to a little lag playing something as relatively light as Angry Birds. Perhaps a matter of calibration, although the battery is otherwise dandy-- even GPS battery usage is as to be expected. I've also suspected the GPU... oh well.

Guest moochermick

Same for me on stock :-( i can only play when plugged in to mains.

It also bogs down a lot in games, i think it kills things off when it gets hot

Guest tillaz

Same for me on stock :-( i can only play when plugged in to mains.

It also bogs down a lot in games, i think it kills things off when it gets hot

thermal throttle kicks in when it reaches certain temperatures, which results in the CPU clock been lowered

here is the config

http://pastebin.com/iXsxXun2

it first drops to 600mhz when it reaches 42c, then keeps dropping if the temperature keeps rising and will eventually power off at 82c

there is a widget on the market that lets you monitor the temperature of the CPU, but i can remember the name :mellow:

Guest TangerineTractor

I had a few issues yesterday. Opera Classic force closing, statusbar disappearing. Coupe of apps that run on stock 190 won;t run.

I'm now back on Stock 190, which is actually much faster and smoother, at least it is for me.

I think you have to remember that this rom has not had any kernel or significant system optimisations, all (and I mean that with no disrespect) Tillaz has done is tidied up and enhanced the interface, and added some features not in stock - the xposed framework appears to slow down the device a little. Since Tillaz is no longer developing, I would suggest either using this rom as-is or going back to stock. Since there aren't going to be any updates to this, any bugs not in stock are realistically never going to be resolved.

Guest Laximus

Tillaz or anybody else:

Would you please share the B190 stock Rom here as a TWRP backup or flashable zip?

...or a download link please.

thank you! :)

Guest Laximus

yes, meantime I found also

thank you. :)

Edit: but its B182...

after have to update to B190?

is it safe? i mean not the twrp restore but the ota update will leave alone my TWRP recovery , unlocked bootloader and root?

Edited by Laximus

Guest tristan k

Hi,

When I try to flash this (select the .zip and swipe to flash) on my G510-0100 in TWRP the screen just goes black and the bottom buttons stay illuminated.

It lets me flash other .zips such as Beta 1..

Does anybody have any idea why this happens?

Thanks

Edited by tristan k

Guest TangerineTractor

yes, meantime I found also

thank you. :)

Edit: but its B182...

after have to update to B190?

is it safe? i mean not the twrp restore but the ota update will leave alone my TWRP recovery , unlocked bootloader and root?

Nope, its 190. Its a TWRP backup the instructions are in the thread, worked fine for me, just like wiping and installing a clean rom. No OTA update.

When you click restore, there isn't a recovery in it so it can't change your recovery.

Guest TangerineTractor

Hi,

When I try to flash this (select the .zip and swipe to flash) on my G510-0100 in TWRP the screen just goes black and the bottom buttons stay illuminated.

It lets me flash other .zips such as Beta 1..

Does anybody have any idea why this happens?

Thanks

It's a Y300 ROM, the author says its untested on G510, and he is no longer developing the ROM. If beta 1 works, I'd suggest redownloading the zip, re-wiping and trying again, aside from that, don't hold your breath.

Guest tillaz

i have no idea how the the stock rom could be much faster, it has an extra 70 .apk on the system partition and has the exact same base as this rom

also, there is nothing much you can actually do to improve the performance of a rom other than a custom kernel, or init.d scripts like

adrenalin engine or v6 supercharger etc. which can be easily applied by people manually.

Edit:

what bugs did people report that are not in the stock rom? i must of missed the ones posted.

anyway this rom might be continued as i'm asking around freinds & family if anyone has an eligible number i can lend for the £59.95

upgrade, problem is most of them are on contract :(

Guest TangerineTractor

i have no idea how the the stock rom could be much faster, it has an extra 70 .apk on the system partition and has the exact same base as this rom

also, there is nothing much you can actually do to improve the performance of a rom other than a custom kernel, or init.d scripts like

adrenalin engine or v6 supercharger etc. which can be easily applied by people manually.

Edit:

what bugs did people report that are not in the stock rom? i must of missed the ones posted.

anyway this rom might be continued as i'm asking around freinds & family if anyone has an eligible number i can lend for the £59.95

upgrade, problem is most of them are on contract :(

Hi Tillaz

I personally have some apps that just won't run, mailny ShareKM, which is fine on stock, and some apps just closing eg Opera Classic.

As for performance, well I strip out all the stuff I don't need in any rom, and my stripped out stock is faster than my stripped out fusionx - but of course there are extras in fusionx that aren't in stock, xposed framework etc...

Glad to see you're back - was trying to minimalise expectations and demands....

Guest tillaz

As for performance, well I strip out all the stuff I don't need in any rom, and my stripped out stock is faster than my stripped out fusionx - but of course there are extras in fusionx that aren't in stock, xposed framework etc...

sounds like placebo, i also have a striped down stock rom i was planning on uploading (Gapps are not even included) and i see no difference in performance

i have also never seen anyone saying the xposed framework has slowed down there phone (on the official thread) and that's across multiple devices.

and the extras included only run when your using them and are in less than 1mb,

if this was built from source i would not need to make them into exta .apk's they would be built into the settings.apk

everyone has there own opinion and experiences and i respect them, even if they are placebo, or not... but i don't think stock is faster

Guest TangerineTractor

everyone has there own opinion and experiences and i respect them, even if they are placebo, or not... but i don't think stock is faster

Possibly. You know me, I'll try every new Rom and version that's uploaded....

All I really want from a Rom is as few apps as possible, so I can add my own bits. The only things I like that aren't in stock are a decent battery icon with 1% increments (like we had on the g300), and customisable toggles. The ability to turn off the led notifications would be good too - then light flow would work more cleanly.

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

Possibly. You know me, I'll try every new Rom and version that's uploaded....

All I really want from a Rom is as few apps as possible, so I can add my own bits. The only things I like that aren't in stock are a decent battery icon with 1% increments (like we had on the g300), and customisable toggles. The ability to turn off the led notifications would be good too - then light flow would work more cleanly.

For me the notification LED doesn't work at all :(

Guest loginsubhan

hi all,i have i quote,this mobile refresh rate is 60hz,but when we use it if feels like 40 frames,when using go launcher or any other it feels like slow i tryed all launchers,but one launcher worked smooth like 60 frames,its NEXT launcher,.so even when i pull down the notification its slow,so dev make it a true 60 frames OS,.i know you guys can do it by editing boot.img,so pimp it,and i havent tryed this rom yet..

Guest Glicerck
hi all,i have i quote,this mobile refresh rate is 60hz,but when we use it if feels like 40 frames,when using go launcher or any other it feels like slow i tryed all launchers,but one launcher worked smooth like 60 frames,its NEXT launcher,.so even when i pull down the notification its slow,so dev make it a true 60 frames OS,.i know you guys can do it by editing boot.img,so pimp it,and i havent tryed this rom yet..

That's because of the xposed framework. uninstall it from fusion x settings an do "clean up". after rebooting you may not have those launchers lag problems.

Guest tillaz

That's because of the xposed framework. uninstall it from fusion x settings an do "clean up". after rebooting you may not have those launchers lag problems.

lol that's not true, Xposed framework "does not" slow the phone down... any lag is been caused by the partially working HWA (just enable force GPU render)

but if you actually read the guys post properly you will see that he has not actually used this ROM yet... so must be referring to something else or stock

which most likely does not even have xposed framework.

"hi all,i have i quote,this mobile refresh rate is 60hz,but when we use it if feels like 40 frames,when using go launcher or any other it feels like slow i tryed all launchers,but one launcher worked smooth like 60 frames,its NEXT launcher,.so even when i pull down the notification its slow,so dev make it a true 60 frames OS,.i know you guys can do it by editing boot.img,so pimp it,and i havent tryed this rom yet.. "

Guest Glicerck

lol that's not true, Xposed framework "does not" slow the phone down... any lag is been caused by the partially working HWA (just enable force GPU render)

but if you actually read the guys post properly you will see that he has not actually used this ROM yet... so must be referring to something else or stock

which most likely does not even have xposed framework.

"hi all,i have i quote,this mobile refresh rate is 60hz,but when we use it if feels like 40 frames,when using go launcher or any other it feels like slow i tryed all launchers,but one launcher worked smooth like 60 frames,its NEXT launcher,.so even when i pull down the notification its slow,so dev make it a true 60 frames OS,.i know you guys can do it by editing boot.img,so pimp it,and i havent tryed this rom yet.. "

True, but i'm pretty sure that uninstalling Xposed Framework, the rom feels much, much smooth. Don't know why.

I've tried to disable and enable forced GPU render with Xposed Framework installed and anyways the rom feels laggy. Only when i uninstall xposed it feels really good.

Edited by Glicerck

Guest tillaz

True, but i'm pretty sure that uninstalling Xposed Framework, the rom feels much, much smooth. Don't know why.

I've tried to disable and enable forced GPU render with Xposed Framework installed and anyways the rom feels laggy. Only when i uninstall xposed it feels really good.

sounds like the classic placebo effect, feels exactly the same for me with or without,

also never hear of it slowing down phones on the official xda thread :huh:

I flashed this ROM on my daughter's phone yesterday & have been very impressed with it so far. The only thing I'm not so keen on is the tall, skinny system font. I've changed it to Roboto-Regular using iFont https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kapp.ifont&hl=en but the skinny system font persists in several bits. Is there a way to set the default font to Roboto-Regular before the ROM is flashed?

Guest Laximus

snapback.png"Glicerck, on 17 August 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Tillaz said: sounds like the classic placebo effect, feels exactly the same for me with or without,

also never hear of it slowing down phones on the official xda thread :huh:"

Well, with this Y300 there are a lot of strange things.

I have two paid apps, which runs great on Y200, but on Y300 not, and had have to do tweaks, to work normal: like I have to convert Popop widget to System app, and after I have to set not to show it full screen in the ssLauncher and this way the animation of it works smooth.

Otherwise very jumpy, lik 5 frame per sec.

Also many launchers works like this, I mean very jumpy and slow animation, while on y200 runs ok.

I think Huawei did something very weird things/mass in the system. Otherwise its a great mobile for this money, just pitty - or interesting - that we have to do lots of adventurer things to make it working well.

=D

Edited by Laximus