[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest TangerineTractor

that is strange as the cust partition is a stock huawei thing, and not part of CM or lewa, so weird it works there, is this a huawei app?

unfortunately i never kept the .img for the cust partition or its content or i would of made a flashable.zip to add that file to the cust partition

if you have a backup which includes the cust partition, maybe you could upload it and i will make a zip for you to flash ?

There's one in the original stock 190 we used to get the initial flashable rom. Just tried restoring just the cust partition from that using TWRP - but it still didn't work. TWRP backup of just the cust here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14240121/190custonly.zip

This is the app: https://play.google....iveov.skm&hl=en

Guest TangerineTractor

@ TangerineTractor

That errors shown up in a logcat. I'm not sure if it's because somethings been deleted from this ROM or because the ROM's still trying to load up the Huawei framework.

Thanks.

I removed the Xposed framework, and the sharekm app worked. Restored the Xposed framework and it failed.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Thanks.

I removed the Xposed framework, and the sharekm app worked. Restored the Xposed framework and it failed.

It shouldn't have anything to do with Xposed.

What I mean is a few posts back I went through someones logcat looking at all of the errors and this is what's in it:

08-27 17:59:19.280 W/System.err(27057): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/skin/description.xml: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

08-27 17:59:23.100 E/Trace (27963): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

08-27 17:59:23.150 W/dalvikvm(27963): Refusing to reopen boot DEX '/system/framework/hwframework.jar'

08-27 17:59:23.800 W/ResourceType(27963): No package identifier when getting value for resource number 0x00000000

The same type of error and a mention of hwframework.jar.

My guess is that it's got something to the Huawei theme engine as the .hwt files contain description.xml and it's skin related.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TangerineTractor

It shouldn't have anything to do with Xposed.

My guess is that it's got something to the Huawei theme engine as the .hwt files contain description.xml and it's skin related.

Strange though, because like I said, removing Xposed cleared the error, reinstalling it recreated the error... and the Xposed framework is oly present in tehis ROM, none of the others.

Guest TangerineTractor

@Tillaz

Is it possible to have any nice battery mods like we used to have in the G300, with 1% increments, without having to use the xposed framework? Or even just enabling 1% increments in the battery icon, so that custom icon sets can be blasted using rom toolbox or similar?

Strange though, because like I said, removing Xposed cleared the error, reinstalling it recreated the error... and the Xposed framework is oly present in tehis ROM, none of the others.

It could be a conflict due to the Huawei framework but I'm not sure.

One thing Tillaz could try to do is to remove the following from PackageParser.smali

.method private addHuaweiFramework(Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;)V

.registers 6

.parameter "owner"

.prologue

.line 3763

const-string v0, "hwframework"

.line 3764

.local v0, huaweiFramework:Ljava/lang/String;

if-nez p1, :cond_5

.line 3774

:cond_4

:goto_4

return-void

.line 3767

:cond_5

iget-object v1, p1, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;->usesOptionalLibraries:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

if-nez v1, :cond_10

.line 3768

new-instance v1, Ljava/util/ArrayList;

invoke-direct {v1}, Ljava/util/ArrayList;-><init>()V

iput-object v1, p1, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;->usesOptionalLibraries:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

.line 3770

:cond_10

iget-object v1, p1, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;->usesOptionalLibraries:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

invoke-virtual {v1, v0}, Ljava/util/ArrayList;->contains(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

move-result v1

if-nez v1, :cond_4

.line 3771

const-string v1, "PackageParser"

new-instance v2, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

invoke-direct {v2}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;-><init>()V

const-string v3, "add "

invoke-virtual {v2, v3}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->append(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v2, v0}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->append(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

move-result-object v2

const-string v3, ".jar as a optional shared library."

invoke-virtual {v2, v3}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->append(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v2}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->toString()Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v2

invoke-static {v1, v2}, Landroid/util/Log;->i(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I

.line 3772

invoke-virtual {v0}, Ljava/lang/String;->intern()Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/util/ArrayList;->add(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

goto :goto_4

.end method
And change this:
invoke-direct/range {v3 .. v9}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser;->parseApplication(Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;Landroid/content/res/Resources;Lorg/xmlpull/v1/XmlPullParser;Landroid/util/AttributeSet;I[Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v3

if-nez v3, :cond_169

.line 1007

const/4 v4, 0x0

goto/16 :goto_29

.line 1010

:cond_169

move-object/from16 v0, p0

invoke-direct {v0, v4}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser;->addHuaweiFramework(Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;)V

goto :goto_119

.line 1012

:cond_16f

const-string/jumbo v3, "permission-group"
Into this:
invoke-direct/range {v3 .. v9}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser;->parseApplication(Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;Landroid/content/res/Resources;Lorg/xmlpull/v1/XmlPullParser;Landroid/util/AttributeSet;I[Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v3

if-nez v3, :cond_119

.line 1007

const/4 v4, 0x0

goto/16 :goto_29

.line 1010

.line 1012

:cond_16f

const-string/jumbo v3, "permission-group"

He might then be able to delete hwframework.jar or it might at least stop some apps bugging out.

If I could test things myself before making suggestions such as this I would. I can only make suggestions in hope that it helps to fix some of these errors though.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest nirmalbalaji

I know this might be slightly off-topic, but it is relevant.

I use a brilliant app called sharekm - lets you control your y30 from your pc keyboard and mouse over wifi, so I can tweet, sms etc while sat at my desk without picking up my phone.

This works flawlessly on every other ROM (stock, CM10, CM10.1, lewa) but errors on FusionX, saying it can't find some folder... I've atatched a screenshot - any suggestions?

Use AirDroid. Much more simple and lots of features. http://airdroid.com/

Guest TangerineTractor

Use AirDroid. Much more simple and lots of features. http://airdroid.com/

Nope. Airdroid is far from more simple. It's way too complicated for what I want, and doesnt work for what i need. With sharekm, I can have my phone standing next to my monitor, and I can SMS and whatsapp and configure and tweak on my phone using my keyboard and mouse, so it looks like I'm still working on my pc. I don;t need to open a browser window or anything..

@ TangerineTractor

If you have a backup then heres something you can test.

http://d-h.st/uCU

It will attempt to fix MMS (includes TelephonyProvider patches) and it'll also stop the Huawei framework from being loaded. The hwframework.jar file will remain on your phone since I don't know how safe it is to remove it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest jackosterman

Curious if others are getting similar results. I've left my phone untouched for the past 11 hours or so (wifi on/data and sync disabled). While the phone was able to deep sleep through the majority period, Event Log Service and AlarmManager have racked up a number of wakelocks. Almost all alarms seem to be Android related. Expected behavior?

I'll post the dump file and logcat generated by BBS.

post-1018638-13777089381159_thumb.jpg

post-1018638-13777089550022_thumb.jpg

BetterBatteryStats-2013-08-28_180026414.txt

logcat-2013-08-28_180026551.txt

Edited by jackosterman

Guest jackosterman
@ TangerineTractor

It will attempt to fix MMS (includes TelephonyProvider patches) and it'll also stop the Huawei framework from being loaded. The hwframework.jar file will remain on your phone since I don't know how safe it is to remove it.

Is that patch #3 from one of your earlier posts? I haven't tested any yet, but will try to find the time later for this one at the least.

It's patch #3 with another change applied (attempts to fix ENOENT related errors). I still don't know if patch #3 works with the changes made to TelephonyProvider, but I'm hoping that it does since all of the changes come from the same AOSP ROM.

If the patch doesn't work and breaks MMS then to fix it you just need to delete TelephonyProvider.apk from the zip before flashing it (after restoring your backup).

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

@ TangerineTractor

looking at hwframework.jar i think it needs to be used, removing it would cause problems with phone.apk and other important stuff

if the above does not work out, this fixes mms (picture messages) for sure as i personally tested yesterday

assuming your using B03 without any other patches.

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2152450

looking at hwframework.jar i think it needs to be used, removing it would cause problems with phone.apk and other important stuff

It might as I didn't check what else is using it, but that patch will at least stop it from applying the framework into all apps. It's just a guess based off of the logcat info though. It may cause mass errors or it may fix a ton of them :P

EDIT:

if the above does not work out, this fixes mms (picture messages) for sure as i personally tested yesterday

assuming your using B03 without any other patches.

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2152450

You should look at my previous post. You're mixing code which you shouldn't be doing. The MMS app may appear to work, but it wasn't designed for the framework changes you've applied. And you've made 32 framework changes vs my 6.

http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2152640

Edited by H3ROS

@Tillaz

Is it possible to have any nice battery mods like we used to have in the G300, with 1% increments, without having to use the xposed framework? Or even just enabling 1% increments in the battery icon, so that custom icon sets can be blasted using rom toolbox or similar?

There's a way to do that, at least in stock roms

and it's replacing the systemui.apk for one you know that got inside the battery icon desired

(Don't know if that cause other problems, but you can try)

About the rom:

5 days (more or less) using it without any problems

I really like this rom :)

don't care if a liittle thing who i use and almost nobody uses doesn't work. You can't make everybody happy, even with a stock

Edit:

Also, you can put battery percent by modifying the build.prop:

ro.config.hw_battery_percent=true

Again, i'm not sure if you can do this with this rom, (or if it's tha'ts what you want) but you can try it :)

Cheers

Edited by pdvye

Guest TangerineTractor

The build.prop setting is already there and had no effect. I can replace battery icons, but the Rom is nut set for one percent steps, so any numerical icons are useless via system ui mods.

I'll try flashing the zip tomorrow.

Guest jackosterman

Alright, I've flashed H3ROS' latest patch. As is, Messaging wouldn't open. That's logcat #1. Reflashing with TelephonyProvider.apk removed from the zip, Messaging opened fine. A test MMS was successfully sent and received, however the same problems persisted. After downloading, the image failed to appear. And while the delivery report indicated the MMS as 'Received', the status icon didn't change to a green checkmark (although this last part is admittedly nitpicky).

I'll flash Tillaz's MMS patch now. And as always, thanks gents.

2013-08-28-19-45-38-mms1.txt

2013-08-28-20-06-14-mms2.txt

Edited by jackosterman

@ jackosterman

Thanks for the logcat. Based off that I can see why patching TelephonyProvider hasn't turned out so good.

In logcat 2 where you've been able to download the file theres a few errors.

08-28 20:06:40.539 I/ActivityThread( 4338): Pub mms_temp_file: com.android.mms.TempFileProvider

08-28 20:06:40.539 I/ActivityThread( 4338): Pub com.android.mms.SuggestionsProvider: com.android.mms.SuggestionsProvider

08-28 20:06:41.329 E/Mms	 ( 4338): [151] Tried to add duplicate Conversation to Cache for threadId: 1 new conv: [+32 472 74 60 41] (tid 1)

08-28 20:06:47.779 E/Mms/slideshow( 4338): No part found for the model.

08-28 20:06:47.779 E/Mms/slideshow( 4338): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No part found for the model.

08-28 20:06:47.779 E/Mms/slideshow( 4338): at com.android.mms.model.MediaModelFactory.findPart(MediaModelFactory.java:81)

08-28 20:06:47.779 E/Mms/slideshow( 4338): at com.android.mms.model.MediaModelFactory.getMediaModel(MediaModelFactory.java:48)

08-28 20:06:47.779 E/Mms/slideshow( 4338): at com.android.mms.model.SlideshowModel.createFromPduBody(SlideshowModel.java:160)

08-28 20:06:47.779 E/Mms/slideshow( 4338): at com.android.mms.util.PduLoaderManager$PduTask.run(PduLoaderManager.java:175)

08-28 20:06:47.779 E/Mms/slideshow( 4338): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1076)

08-28 20:06:47.779 E/Mms/slideshow( 4338): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:569)

08-28 20:06:47.779 E/Mms/slideshow( 4338): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

Does the app display a sample image of the MMS? It's just that Tillaz says he personally tried applying just the MMS patch and that worked for him.

I may be wrong, but you first might need to delete com.android.providers.telephony from /data/data and then reboot. That should fix thread ID errors.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest jackosterman
Does the app display a sample image of the MMS? It's just that Tillaz says he personally tried applying just the MMS patch and that worked for him.

After downloading, the message window will 'flash' for a split second. Then all that appears is whatever text was sent. It's possible results may differ when sending messages to a third party.

I'm also guessing, then that Tillaz's patch should yield identical results to flashing your patch with TelephonyProvider.apk removed? Well at any rate, I'll try it now and see what happens.

Guest tillaz

I'll flash Tillaz's MMS patch now. And as always, thanks gents.

remember you will need to use B03 with a clean install to use this, so the other patches are removed

then delete the folder i mention in my post then reboot.

i can assure you it works as i tried it my self last night, image appeared instantly and long hold to save to gallery also worked fine.

Edit:

@everyone

i wont have the Y300 back to test on till a week this Saturday, but i have the B194 update from zola so will start on the update soon

I'm also guessing, then that Tillaz's patch should yield identical results to flashing your patch with TelephonyProvider.apk removed? Well at any rate, I'll try it now and see what happens.

Tillaz's version would have the same effect for you right now if you restored your backup and applied his patch. I would also be very careful with it as Tillaz is mixing code where as I've used 100% ASOP from the same source (like I've said, his 32 file changes vs my 6). It may appear to work, but why change 32 files when you only need to change 6? That's asking for trouble IMO.

I looked into the code and found this:

if (conv == null) {

// Make a new Conversation and put it in

// the cache if necessary.

conv = new Conversation(context, c, true);

try {

synchronized (Cache.getInstance()) {

Cache.put(conv);

}

} catch (IllegalStateException e) {

LogTag.error("Tried to add duplicate Conversation to Cache" +

" for threadId: " + threadId + " new conv: " + conv);

if (!Cache.replace(conv)) {

LogTag.error("cacheAllThreads cache.replace failed on " + conv);

}

}

} else {

// Or update in place so people with references

// to conversations get updated too.

fillFromCursor(context, conv, c, true);

}

So it's possible that deleting com.android.providers.telephony so that things start fresh will fix the problem.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Tillaz's version would have the same effect for you right now if you restored your backup and applied his patch. I would also be very careful with it as Tillaz is mixing code where as I've used 100% ASOP from the same source (like I've said, his 32 file changes vs my 6).

The 4.1.1 AOSP code that i have used is at least from a system image that Google says exists for the nexus s (JRO03E)

what you have used is a rom from xda which is > JRO03C ??? not even official from google for the nexus s.

but anyway al least what i posted all works unlike your patch, if it was so bad and mixed up it would not be fully working...

i am going to just upload a updated version of B03 now with my mms fix that i have tested and know is working...

Edit:

I'm going to request this thread be locked for now if we can't just move on from here because it feels like its turning into an argument

Guest jackosterman

Well, I'm confounded. Tried Tillaz's patch twice. The first time, I had simply flashed after restoring a backup (which should theoretically be fine, as it's from before any of H3ROS' patches were flashed). Same results as usual. For prosperity's sake, I tried again after a factory reset from recovery to get a clean install. More or less the same results (picture downloaded but not displayed), except Messaging behaved slightly differently. Rather than my received message appearing within the same window as the sent one, it began a new conversation. I doubt this matters; just found the behavioral difference a tad odd as the app setup shouldn't be any different.

I should note that the picture displays fine in the sent message. It's only the recipient message that shows nothing. As I've said, perhaps this is merely a result of sending a message to myself, and the app simply not bothering to show it twice.

I don't use MMS much (otherwise I wouldn't have to send myself messages ;) ), so it's not a big deal for me. I'm curious about the errors, but to be honest if I never checked my logcat or obsessively opened BetterBatteryStats, I doubt I'd notice anything wrong. Weird that everything works fine for Tillaz, at any rate. I may properly reinstall B03 later, if merely factory resetting isn't enough.

The following logcat is after the factory reset.

2013-08-28-20-56-40.txt

Edited by jackosterman

@ Tillaz

I've already explained it all here: http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2152640

The MMS app you've included in B03 is from the buggy ASOP Korean ROM. That's also where you sourced your framework patches from, so one could argue that they're also buggy because you had to change 32 files when there should only be 6 differences between AOSP (legolas93) and the Y300 stock ROM. So by ignoring the framework changes because it "appears" to work, you're asking for trouble by mixing the code.

The fact is is that the closer the code is to stock Y300 ROM then the more likely it is that it's going to work best. That plus the framework patches I've done match up perfectly with the MMS app as they're from the legolas93 AOSP ROM.

The patch you've now published uses the MMS app from the legolas93 ROM and not the MMS app from JRO03E.

As has been said above, your patch also didn't work for jackosterman and you didn't bother to try any of my patches to see if they also worked. So you can't say mine doesn't work as you've not tested it how you've tested your own.

@ jackosterman

It's still logging some errors.

08-28 20:56:50.449 W/System.err( 3952): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/cust/xml/hw_defaults.xml: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

08-28 20:56:50.479 E/Mms	 ( 3952): [188] Tried to add duplicate Conversation to Cache for threadId: 1 new conv: [0471 54 74 48] (tid 1)

08-28 20:56:50.489 E/Mms	 ( 3952): [188] Tried to add duplicate Conversation to Cache for threadId: 2 new conv: [0471 54 74 48] (tid 2)

08-28 20:56:50.509 E/Mms	 ( 3952): [1] Mms/conv

I wouldn't surprise me if the cause of the error is due to TelephonyProvider changes, but when that's fully patched the app won't even load for you.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Well, I'm confounded. Tried Tillaz's patch twice. The first time, I had simply flashed after restoring a backup (which should theoretically be fine, as it's from before any of H3ROS' patches were flashed). Same results as usual. For prosperity's sake, I tried again after a factory reset from recovery to get a clean install. More or less the same results (picture downloaded but not displayed), except Messaging behaved slightly differently. Rather than my received message appearing within the same window as the sent one, it began a new conversation. I doubt this matters; just found the behavioral difference a tad odd as the app setup shouldn't be any different.

I should note that the picture displays fine in the sent message. It's only the recipient message that shows nothing. As I've said, perhaps this is merely a result of sending a message to myself, and the app simply not bothering to show it twice.

I don't use MMS much (otherwise I wouldn't have to send myself messages ;) ), so it's not a big deal for me. I'm curious about the errors, but to be honest if I never checked my logcat or obsessively opened BetterBatteryStats, I doubt I'd notice anything wrong. Weird that everything works fine for Tillaz, at any rate. I may properly reinstall B03 later, if merely factory resetting isn't enough.

The following logcat is after the factory reset.

i never sent my self a picture message though, i got a friend to send one which worked fine.

are you sure its not saving because its already actually on your phone?