[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

for different screen density / tablets, huawei have included lost of stuff not needed. like mdpi and ldpi resources

Seems Huawei needs some new devs like you :D

Guest tillaz

Tillaz:

I checked the site what you linked here before about the swap kernel.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1659231

It also needs swap support kernel, its just explain how to do the swap file and swap partition.

But with ramexpander you dont need to do all these procedure, its more simple.

Thanks anyway! =)

even this part?

Swapper preferences: (for kernels that doesn't have swap partition support)

• Run swapper at startup (put a check)
  • Swap place: /sd card/swapfile.swp (you can place it in a folder if you don't like a messy sd card structure tongue.gif)
  • Swap size: MIN: 10 MB MAX: 256MB RECOMMENDED: 32MB (choose any)
  • Swapiness: RECOMMENDED: 10MB SYSTEM DEFAULT: 60MB MAX: 100MB (choose any)
  • Safe unmount (put a check)
  • Safe remount (put a check)

Guest Laximus

even this part?

Swapper preferences: (for kernels that doesn't have swap partition support)

• Run swapper at startup (put a check)
  • Swap place: /sd card/swapfile.swp (you can place it in a folder if you don't like a messy sd card structure tongue.gif)
  • Swap size: MIN: 10 MB MAX: 256MB RECOMMENDED: 32MB (choose any)
  • Swapiness: RECOMMENDED: 10MB SYSTEM DEFAULT: 60MB MAX: 100MB (choose any)
  • Safe unmount (put a check)
  • Safe remount (put a check)

Oh

i didnt notice, thanks

I give it a try, but have to ask a windows laptop from a friend, I have an iMac, I dont know with the Mac I can do it or not

=)

Guest Laximus

There's a different Swapper on Play - far simpler - I couldn't get Swapper2 to work, but this one does https://play.google....e.swapper&hl=en

I just set it to 64mb and rebooted. All my apps are staying open now - noticeably Opera Mobile, which was closing and reopening before.

In the Description: Need Root and kernel swap support.

Which kernel are you using? Without swap supported kernel its impossible to work...

Guest TangerineTractor

In the Description: Need Root and kernel swap support.

Which kernel are you using? Without swap supported kernel its impossible to work...

I'm using the default kernel, and it works. Don't know exactly how, but just try it.

Guest TangerineTractor

Obviously not working as you can see with "free" command in terminal emulator.

It's feels like it's doing "something" - without it, if I opened opera mobile, then went into Falcon and AquaMail, if I went back to Opera it would have closed and reopen. It doesn't now. Or at least Opera doesn't seem to be reopening as much as it did. Might be a placebo. If it is, I don't care - I'm keeping it.

Guest tillaz

About the HWA,

i have now noticed its just everything on the system partition that is ignoring > "android:hardwareAccelerated=true"

so its not as bad as i though before but this is very noticeable on what ever launcher i include as they all need this enabled for best performance....

obviously the reason why i thought apex was lagging and nova was not...

i originally had apex on the system as default but it felt quite laggy, so installed nova from the market which then felt much smoother

but now its on the system its feels a bit sluggish (like apex did) now i know why....

so basically > "android:hardwareAccelerated=true" is ignored for anything on the system

would love to know how huawei have done this, any help would be good :(

Guest TangerineTractor

About the HWA,

i have now noticed its just everything on the system partition that is ignoring > "android:hardwareAccelerated=true"

so its not as bad as i though before but this is very noticeable on what ever launcher i include as they all need this enabled for best performance....

i originally had apex on the system as default but it felt quite laggy, so installed nova from the market which then felt much smoother

but now its on the system its feels a bit sluggish (like apex did) now i know why....

so basically > "android:hardwareAccelerated=true" is ignored for anything on the system

So if you converted Nova to a user app would it be faster, or uninstall it and then reinstall it as a user app?

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

About the HWA,

Maybe you could try to modify egl.cfg like Zola said before.

Could look like this: 0 1 android 1 1 adreno200

Or you can just try to comment the line with android out/ delete it.

Just an idea, so don't know if it affects it any way.

Edit: As this xda thread says, it should be possible to delete the line with android and just write 0 1 adreno200

Edited by AssaSsiNMiLeS

Guest tillaz

Maybe you could try to modify egl.cfg like Zola said before.

Could look like this: 0 1 android 1 1 adreno200

Or you can just try to comment the line with android out/ delete it.

Just an idea, so don't know if it affects it any way.

Edit: As this xda thread says, it should be possible to delete the line with android and just write 0 1 adreno200

i already explained a bit about what he posed, its not advised and can be achieved easer via the developer settings (force GPU render)

see this post

its also not the cause of this problem as the config file has not been changed by huawei,

i think its a kernel change they have made to be honest :( wonder if i actually just ask them it they would tell me lol

Guest tillaz

So if you converted Nova to a user app would it be faster, or uninstall it and then reinstall it as a user app?

yeah as it will be taking advantage of > "android:hardwareAccelerated=true" like it requests, and most other 4.0+ launchers

info about that is here > http://developer.and...ware-accel.html

everything on the system has this tag ignored for some reason or changed to false,

making the stuff that take advantage of it not as snappy as they could be because its disabled

the only benefit / reason for huawei doing this is the system will use less RAM, but at the cost of performance.

Guest Pain_Deluxe

NO HWA again

I hate you Huawei -.-* Its like on G300.

Hm i'm intrested if any huawei product have disable hwa:D

So yeah it must be the kernel. Because on CM it works.

Edit: On user apps HWA works?

Edited by Pain_Deluxe

Guest Frankish

So what about just bundling any old stock launcher with the rom. Then we just install one from market and set it as default or does the one bundled still use ram somehow?

Guest tillaz

Edit: On user apps HWA works?

it is working its just flagged for apps on the system.

this has no effect > "android:hardwareAccelerated=true" once an app is on the system

Guest tillaz

If I disable gpu forced on developer settings does it mean anything on data still uses it if supported then?

yes, when that box is unticked it uses default settings, which normally is any app that requests it (system or data) via the AndroidManifest.xml

but for the Y300 its only any app on the data partition (apps installed from the market etc.)

force enabling it from the developer settings enables it on everything, even if they do not support it, which results in force closes or graphical glitches

and more RAM been used that is actually needed.

Guest Frankish

Just converted Apex back to user app and definitely better. Plus noticed gradient on settings for apex menu! Good catch Tillaz shame we are clueless on a fix?!

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

Is HWA working on Defroost kernel? If so it would mabye be the best way to try to get this kernel running correctly?

Guest tillaz

Is HWA working on Defroost kernel? If so it would mabye be the best way to try to get this kernel running correctly?

nope, already tried it, :(

Guest Laximus

Tillaz:

I wrote you about the Y300 kernel in another topic, maybe you missed it:

http://www.modaco.co...64#entry2143864

4th page, post No 61, the first entry.

Maybe it help?

I asked Huawei for the kernel, and they send me a link to download the kernel.

Edit: here is the link for the kernel

http://consumer.huawei.com/cn/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=15491

Edited by Laximus