CyanogenMod 10.1 Build R22 [02/10/14]

Guest Kra1o5

Guest MadHatterRyu

Would you guys stop dissing? let him take his time here.. it gets depressing developing for a bunch of folk who keep whining.. besides, if you want to, you'd be fine using this as a daily... it works beautifully

Guest UtkarshAgrawal

Hey guys I wish to download this rom and I have a few questions:

1. How is the battery drain

2. Is the milky screen present in y300

3. Can this rom be used on daily basis

Hello, I'm interested in helping out getting a proper CM build working for the Y300 device, and I'm trying to get a development environment setup. I figured out the local manifest for the CM-10.1 build, but which hardware_qcom_display-legacy repository are you using?

I hope to receive my Y300 today, and since I have quite a bit kernel experience, I could look at the 'milky screen' issues and such. Might also have a look at the Bluetooth issues.

Guest arsalan11

Hey guys I wish to download this rom and I have a few questions:

1. How is the battery drain

2. Is the milky screen present in y300

3. Can this rom be used on daily basis

battery drain hasn't been solved yet,

milky screen is still exist in y300 only.

i don't use it as daily use because of battery and BT problem and some problems in ril for now it's unstable.

Hello, I'm interested in helping out getting a proper CM build working for the Y300 device, and I'm trying to get a development environment setup. I figured out the local manifest for the CM-10.1 build, but which hardware_qcom_display-legacy repository are you using?

I hope to receive my Y300 today, and since I have quite a bit kernel experience, I could look at the 'milky screen' issues and such. Might also have a look at the Bluetooth issues.

Evervolv Display-legacy

Guest MadHatterRyu

@Kratos how old are you btw? you're still doing your schooling?

brilliant : ) that'd be a great help

(p.s. am I the ONLY one with a Y300 who doesnt have the milky screen issue?)

Edited by MadHatterRyu

Guest joestone

I am playing with the wifi . If I use wifi analyzer the wifi eats the battery very fast (2 hours). I checked how it works in stock rom , find out it uses a firmware file for powerprofile and uses different caldata.bin for different models. These caldata files are same in size , but have small differences inside. My build now uses wlan_detect to detect the board type and uses the firmware file for that specific board. This way no need to use thirdparty firmware file (bdata.SD31.bin not exist in stock rom).

It has the known non working components (BT, Wifi tether, videorecording) , but as some user reported does not have the milky screen problem on y300.

You can download it here :

http://goo.im/devs/joestone/g510/cm-10.1-20130910-UNOFFICIAL-G510.zip

I need to find out the framework related changes for ar6003 to get wifi tether work as it is not just netd related ( netd from stock rom is not enough for a working wifi tether).

Guest bogdanwp

I am playing with the wifi . If I use wifi analyzer the wifi eats the battery very fast (2 hours). I checked how it works in stock rom , find out it uses a firmware file for powerprofile and uses different caldata.bin for different models. These caldata files are same in size , but have small differences inside. My build now uses wlan_detect to detect the board type and uses the firmware file for that specific board. This way no need to use thirdparty firmware file (bdata.SD31.bin not exist in stock rom).

It has the known non working components (BT, Wifi tether, videorecording) , but as some user reported does not have the milky screen problem on y300.

http://goo.im/devs/j...FICIAL-G510.zip

I need to find out the framework related changes for ar6003 to get wifi tether work as it is not just netd related ( netd from stock rom is not enough for a working wifi tether).

And the RIL ?

Guest joestone

And the RIL ?

The RIL is stable for me (G510-0100) if you mean dualsim support it is not included . Kra1o5 and me are using different kernel sources and ramdisk. The kernel can be the cause of milky screen , while the ramdisk can be the RIL. The last wifi related changes not uploaded yet to github , but all the others are uploaded.

http://goo.im/devs/j...FICIAL-G510.zip

Well, I have this in my latest release (Not public release).

I need to sync changes with my repo.

RIL not is a problem since R8.

I think we can change to Bluez Stack to get fully working BT.

Problem with videos is problem with ION.

Guest bogdanwp

Haha , very good build this one :D one thing though , how do i remove the tablet-like bar from the bottom of the screen ? I forgot how it`s called . Can`t find the option. Thanks

Haha , very good build this one :D one thing though , how do i remove the tablet-like bar from the bottom of the screen ? I forgot how it`s called . Can`t find the option. Thanks

is milky screen problem still there ? how abt the battery drain ?

Guest arsalan11

please focus on battery drain

other functionality is good enought for daily use

rom is stable and all gaps/apps working well

actually not for Y300 with milky screen:)

i have y300-0100 (EU) and screen is perfectly normal

if you are using joestone's build, it seems joestone has fixed the milky screen problem on y300 somehow, so the only major bug is the battery drain, and as i have heard the phone doesn't go to deepsleep mode, and bt turns on and off rapidly and these cause battery drain, if these bugs get fixed we can use it as daily drive

@Kra1o5: If I want to track your active work, and build for myself, should I be using the jellybean branch or cm-10.1 branch? If you are using a local_manifest, would it be possible to share it?

Just got my bootloader unlocked, so good to go now, got a build going (from cm-10.1 branch), but just saw that you are pushing changes to the jellybean branch as well...

Looking forward to helping out!

Guest arsalan11

if you are using joestone's build, it seems joestone has fixed the milky screen problem on y300 somehow, so the only major bug is the battery drain, and as i have heard the phone doesn't go to deepsleep mode, and bt turns on and off rapidly and these cause battery drain, if these bugs get fixed we can use it as daily drive

There is just one DL link in first post how should i find out whose build it is?

Guest TangerineTractor

Just tried Joestone's build... on my Y300-100

Screen OK, wifi fine, ril fine, battery fine.

Two issues.

1. Didn't see external SD properly, wouldnt let me set it as default. Gallery picked it up, could see it through a root explorer.

2. Camera forced a reboot after taking about 10 pictures consecutively.