All custom roms for Huawei Ascend Y300/G510

Guest Ducsidu

Which one would you guys recommend me? I want a stable rom, that looks nice(like the XperiaTouch above). It should have:

-Basics: calling, contacts, messages, gallery, calculator

-Google Play already installed

-Music player and Camera(not a fan of those in Google Play)

-Browser(not really necessary, would be nice tough)

-option to install/move apps on SD

-Stable wi-fi

-Settings like the stock rom(also not necessary, would be nice tough)

-Preferably supports Dutch

Any recommondations?

Btw, I'm using the Stratosh-rom now. It's nice, but was really basic. No music player, browser, file manager and is a bit laggy sometimes.

Edited by Isco23

Guest jackosterman

The majority of your requisites can be and should be fulfilled on the user end, ie. app preferences. You're always free to remove, replace and install the applications of your choice. While "the customer is always right", in this case the customer is paying nothing and has the complete freedom (and dare I say, pleasure) of personalizing the product to his/her specific needs. Think of it like going to Subway, except three bucks cheaper and the ability to pick weird stuff like gopher meat doused in nutmeg. Not trying to lecture, just suggesting to find some enjoyment in testing things out and finding your own perfect combo. That said, I've been quite the fan of FusionX, although the new CM builds are obviously quite promising. (Edit) I've also found Boat Browser Mini, Terra Music and the 4.3 stock camera will compliment any ROM (the latter baked into CM10.2, and Terra Music is arguably forked from Apollo).

Edited by jackosterman

Guest danny19901

The majority of your requisites can be and should be fulfilled on the user end, ie. app preferences. You're always free to remove, replace and install the applications of your choice. While "the customer is always right", in this case the customer is paying nothing and has the complete freedom (and dare I say, pleasure) of personalizing the product to his/her specific needs. Think of it like going to Subway, except three bucks cheaper and the ability to pick weird stuff like gopher meat doused in nutmeg. Not trying to lecture, just suggesting to find some enjoyment in testing things out and finding your own perfect combo. That said, I've been quite the fan of FusionX, although the new CM builds are obviously quite promising.

Yes CM is amazing and barely any bugs now most main bugs are fixed as I say I'm Running CM10.2 which is on 4.3.1 and everything seems to work perfect except hardware decoding in videos

Guest kannasbor0

Szeva Ducsidu! Szép munka ez a topik. :)

Kijött a lewaOS5 (hivatalos), G510-0010-re (nem tudom, hogy berakod-e, kéne hozzá eu baseband).. Link:

www.modaco.com/topic/365971-requesting-port-lewa-launcher-from-lewaos5/

Ott a két hivatkozás, bal alsó kínai karakterek a letöltés.

A defroost kernelhez írd oda, hogy nem stabil (a 4.3-as stockot próbáltam, fődarab csere lett belőle).

Hi Ducsidu!

This topic is great, thanks! :)

Official lewaOS5 came out to G510-0010, and Y300 (maybe chinese baseband too).

Download with the chinese characters on te left corner.

Defroost kernel 4.3 stock made my device broken, so you should add a warning.

Regards,

Bóti from Mobilarena ;)

Guest painteramit

Hi,

I am using the official Lewa OS v5 (Lewa 13.10.18_4.1) for Y300-0100 (which is meant for Y300-0000). works perfect once switch to english.

but it is with Chinese baseband so need to flash Europe baseband.

also gapps are missing so need to flash that too.

By the way, I am from India. 

Edited by painteramit

Guest Ducsidu

Szeva Ducsidu! Szép munka ez a topik. :)

Kijött a lewaOS5 (hivatalos), G510-0010-re (nem tudom, hogy berakod-e, kéne hozzá eu baseband).. Link:

www.modaco.com/topic/365971-requesting-port-lewa-launcher-from-lewaos5/

Ott a két hivatkozás, bal alsó kínai karakterek a letöltés.

A defroost kernelhez írd oda, hogy nem stabil (a 4.3-as stockot próbáltam, fődarab csere lett belőle).

Hi Ducsidu!

This topic is great, thanks! :)

Official lewaOS5 came out to G510-0010, and Y300 (maybe chinese baseband too).

Download with the chinese characters on te left corner.

Defroost kernel 4.3 stock made my device broken, so you should add a warning.

Regards,

Bóti from Mobilarena ;)

Hali! :D

Láttam a Lewa-t, de nem szeretem ezeket a baseband cserét igénylő romokat, mert könnyen téglázhatják a telefont (volt is rá példa).

Már mindkettő kernel brickelt telefont swappal, szóval az egész custom kerneles részhez odaírom, hogy vigyázzanak, kösz!

Hi!

I saw the Lewa rom, but I don't like this baseband flashing thing because it can easily brick your phone.

Both of the custom kernels had bricked phones, whily people were using swap, so I'll warn people about it, thanks!

painteramit

Is 3G and hang up calls work?

Edited by Ducsidu

Guest danny19901

CM10.2 Works flawless I recommend using CWM by dazzozo full wipe then install and flash Gapps for 4.3 + and all works good (Defrost kernel don't work on CM 10.1 also buggy on stock ROMs ) I don't recommend