[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest j-beltran

Not for me, I use google camera :(

It works good to me. And I use Google camera too.

Have anyone try to make the benmark test? Every time I use it, when it starts the OpenGL and 3D Graphics tests my phone reboot. No matter what release, in all I have this problem.....

Guest SaurabhRCk

It works good to me. And I use Google camera too.

Have anyone try to make the benmark test? Every time I use it, when it starts the OpenGL and 3D Graphics tests my phone reboot. No matter what release, in all I have this problem.....

Make sure force 2d rendering is turned off in developer settings! 

Guest fonz93

what about the external Bluetooth keyboard? - Still pairing, but not connecting? - Guess so... )-:

herrdeh

For this feature, kernel needs this driver: https://github.com/moddingg33k/android_kernel_huawai_Y300-J1/commits/master/drivers/hid/uhid.c

try last chil360 kernel for cm11: http://actualizatumovil.com/showthread.php?tid=202, it includes this driver

Edited by fonz93

Guest Taiji2078

Fonz93, do you know where can I find an updated GPU driver for the Y300 ? I need the KitKat version of it ...

Thank you !

Guest fonz93

Fonz93, do you know where can I find an updated GPU driver for the Y300 ? I need the KitKat version of it ...

Thank you !

There isn't, msm and huawei didn't release gpu drivers for kitkat

Guest Akhanbb

If i might suggest a tip that many users are wondering and hoping for, that if you could please get the SWAP function to work with the Cyanogen nightly's 4.4.2.

Other than that your work has been a great success.

there is also a bug with the dial pad when you end the phone app, you have to press the dial pad icon twice to start typing in a cell number otherwise the dial pad doesn't appear.

if only there was a version of the nightly where all wallpapers and live wallpapers were not installed and swap was available. i would 2nd this custom rom to none. Lovely work keep it up.

Guest Taiji2078

I'm already spamming Qualcomm to release an updated KitKat driver for Adreno 203. Might help if you write to them too ... we are a great community and our phone models just got abandoned. You'll never see good performance in games without updated drivers.

Post here for support please :

https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/maximize-hardware/mobile-gaming-graphics-adreno/27752#comment-7795

Guest SH3H1

I don't think they will update it!

The adreno 2xx series is now just ignored!

They no longer going to support these.

Maybe some master Devs like Dazzozo,Faux123,moddingg33k can tweak it but just don't expect too much !

It's unsupported hardware :wacko:

Be happy on what we have...we never even thought that our little Y300 will get a kitkat ROM but we have!

I'm happy with it!

Hope something interested happens,but low chance :(

I will spam anyway :)

Guest j-beltran

Make sure force 2d rendering is turned off in developer settings! 

It doesn't matter. Every time it begins the Graphics test it just crash and my phone reboots. 

Guest xals1997

What about freedreno? Can we send emails to freedreno, maybe they will release an unofficial drivers, but maybe they works.

Guest Taiji2078

We need to wait for Google to release actually their next kernel generation, that includes updated freedreno. It should be the same time we'll have 4.4.3 released ... later this year it seems. That I have found that supports also Adreno 203 GPU. Not 100% sure tho ...

The easiest way would be to have Qualcomm support ... but they never sell directly to mainstream ... our opinion isn't important to them. How many of you actually were aware what GPU has your phone in the moment you bought it ? I wasn't.

Thank you for your replies on the Qualcomm thread ... maybe we can touch their hearts or smth :))

Guest Taiji2078

Well ... I paid less for my PC components, but they aren't lacking drivers for any OS update ... Windows XP, 7, 8, etc.

Not updating our mobile operating systems is just their way to force us buy always new phones.

I don't want to invest in the latest generation expensive phones or tablets, since my 5 years old daughter is breaking them always. I don't need 5 Ghz 256 core processor to browse the web :) and I sure don't need 16gb memory to open a pdf file or an e-book. All I want is to have the latest OS on my device and also to be functional. For now it's working like a freakin' theme since it doesn't have the correct drivers. It's draining fast the battery, it's VERY slow and everything. The fastest ROM I found for our Huawei is the AOSP, but it has bugs and drains the battery like hell. Carbon is good, but slow ... same situation here too. I only needed the KitKat fonts ... this is why I rooted my phone ... and of course it isn't working since those lazy arses from Qualcomm didn't care to update a driver (YES ONE) to update more than 1 million devices sold, with THEIR hardware. If I knew that I don't have KitKat fonts, I wouldn't void my warranty. When you make a ROM, you should at least write what's working or not - nobody says that the GPU drivers aren't working. Yeah ... I'm pissed now, but that's life.

Cya and take care !

(pissed because on my rooted Samsung everything is working great ... but it has Adreno 205 GPU ... that has the KK drivers ... why they left 203 behind, I have no idea)

Edited by Taiji2078

Guest fonz93

1)All i want is to have the latest OS on my device.

2)When you make a ROM, you should at least write what's working or not - nobody says that the GPU drivers aren't working. Yeah ... I'm pissed now, but that's life.

1)This is a char of all phones with "5 ghz 256 core processor", also if you want the latest OS on a legacy phone, you must break your warrantly, you will never see official updates with the latest OS on this type of phones...

2)No one cares about emoji fonts in games, never read that in 1 year that i have this phone, you are the first person. It's already said in ALL threads of ALL 4.4 ROMs that gpu is not 100% functional on android 4.3+ for our device, is not an "official bug", this is why devs don't include it in bug list, because is not our fault if drivers are not working properly, there is no support by HUAWEI or QUALCOMM, you have to thanks god if you have android 4.2+ on this device. If you read more before flashing now you weren't in this situation, also no one said you to break your warrantly.

Edited by fonz93

Guest SH3H1

Go to your stock ROM via update.app and relock bootloader and you will have your warranty :P

Edited by SH3H1

Guest Taiji2078

It's true about warranty. Anyways, it's nothing wrong with the phone, it was just an example. I'm actually very happy with both Cyanogen and SlimKat versions of 4.4.2 ... not sure which one should I keep :)

You don't see many Android users complaining about emoji because they never had any. Who wants emoji goes iPhone. I play one lame iPhone game released also for Android, but I cannot understand who is who without emoji (most players have their names written 100% with emoji ... and I can't freakin' read their names on my Huawei ... unless I use some old emoji fonts hack, but I can see only 25% of them and all in blue) :)) And yes, I can read emoji perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy S Plus (3 years old phone, that has still full devs support) ... I just wanted to do it also on my Huawei, because I ported my old account there ... I bought the phone last year, cheaper substitute for my broken iPhone.

It seems that it was too much to ask, so I'll just drop the idea. I will buy a better phone when my daughter grows up a bit so she won't break it.

Thank you all for your answers. I'll stop following this issue and no more spamming. I understood completely now the situation. Not going to reply anymore to personal messages also. It's pointless to waste time like this.

Best wishes to you all and have a good life !

Guest EndruBoy1

Srsly someone explain to me why the hack is a font so important? I mean if FM radio don't work or there are random reboots I get it why complain. But a font?! It is a different looking TEXT right? Just so we clear...

Guest SaurabhRCk

Srsly someone explain to me why the hack is a font so important? I mean if FM radio don't work or there are random reboots I get it why complain. But a font?! It is a different looking TEXT right? Just so we clear...

The same question dude! the same question!  :P  :P

Guest spanitzer

Which GPU driver is in the sources? Android 4.1? Qualcomm have release Android 4.2.2 driver for the Adreno 2xx. Can wie use the newer GPU driver?

Guest torgo26

Cool. New Commit from Dazzozo on github:

msm7x27a-common: add lights HAL blob from u8833 stock

Allows the device to deep sleep while blinking. One day we'll
care enough to RE this I swear.