[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest SuicideBroccoli

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with flashing new nightlies. I'm on nightly 11-20140427 (4.4.2) now, and when I download a new nightly it won't install. When it turns in recovery mode, it says something like "installation aborted". What should I do? Can you guys help me out? I really want the new nightly ;) I currently use clockworkmod v6.0.4.4. 

First of all you should update to Daz's 6.0.4.5 CWM http://www.modaco.com/topic/365942-recovery-all-cwm-clockworkmod-recovery-v6045-cm-last-updated-2112/

Second, you must install updates manually. The automated process always fails :P... and remember to wipe cache and dalvik before installing update

Guest j-beltran

Android L is introduced,i hope we will get it on our devices when it arrives in september-october.... :D

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I google it and I found that the most sure thing is that dalvik is dead. It will have ART as default. I share a link. It is in Spanish. I hope this don't be a problem.

http://www.elandroidelibre.com/2014/06/el-codigo-de-aosp-confirma-que-art-sera-la-maquina-virtual-por-defecto-de-android.html

Edited by j-beltran

Guest painteramit

Thanks a lot, i am now downloading and will be installing in a few minutes. Feedbacks after  :)

*Tried to install international update since i'm from the Philippines.

I'm getting-

Update Exeption

EMMC is readonly, you can't update your system

Can you guys help me on this? Thanks!

EMMC is your memory card.  please format your card and try again with the update.

if you still get this error after that, try fixing permissions in the recovery. 

Edited by painteramit

Guest Enitsuj Yar

EMMC is your memory card.  please format your card and try again with the update.

hi painteramit, i just found out that my internal memory was write-protected, is there a way to fix it?i still cant use  my recovery  :wacko:

Edited by Enitsuj Yar

Guest fonz93

EMMC is not the memory card, EMMC is a generic name for all partitions, for example in our device , EMMC 17 is the /system, EMMC 18 /data, EMMC 16 /cust, etc..

Guest ZolaIII

hi painteramit, i just found out that my internal memory was write-protected, is there a way to fix it?i still cant use my recovery :wacko:

It's not write protected! Partition address data is corrupted & or placement data!

When you kindly answer questions in a general forum I will try to help you. :P

Guest beejmaster

So everything is working wonderfully on my Y300, but, I have one problem.

My 3g and WiFi icons are always orange, even when my internet connection is absolutely fine and I'm receiving data. It's only a problem because I don't like how it looks, but I would still appreciate greatly any help.

I use xposed, with gravitybox kk and tinted status bar, among others, but these seem like the ones that would affect it.

I have tried; rebooting; turning the device off, then removing sim card, then replacing, then turning on device; toggling airplane mode; enabling airplane mode then rebooting then disabling it; enabling airplane mode then powering off then removing sim card then replacing then powering on, and then disabling airplane mode. Nothing works, so anything else anyone might suggest would be great. I'm on the latest nightly 20140626, with the latest pa 4.4.4 mini modular 20140620 package. If any other information is required I'll provide it with apologies for inconvenience.

Thanks for taking the time to read,

beejmaster

Guest beejmaster

My 3g and WiFi icons are always orange, even when my internet connection is absolutely fine and I'm receiving data. It's only a problem because I don't like how it looks, but I would still appreciate greatly any help.

I use xposed, with gravitybox kk and tinted status bar, among others, but these seem like the ones that would affect it.

I have tried; rebooting; turning the device off, then removing sim card, then replacing, then turning on device; toggling airplane mode; enabling airplane mode then rebooting then disabling it; enabling airplane mode then powering off then removing sim card then replacing then powering on, and then disabling airplane mode. Nothing works, so anything else anyone might suggest would be great. I'm on the latest nightly 20140626, with the latest pa 4.4.4 mini modular 20140620 package. If any other information is required I'll provide it with apologies for inconvenience.

beejmaster

Guest Han-Droid

Still using 21/6 rom and chil360 v42. Upgraded to chil360 v43 kernel but then apps started to crash and fail so i went back to v42. Just sayin that there is no use to update the phone now. cuz it just badword things up xD. So 21/6 rom + chil360 v42 best flawless combo on y300 ;). 

Tried your recommendation and failed.

Installed ROM - booted fine.

Installed Kernel - boot and constant crashes of some phone.core component (i wasn't asked for pin any longer) - very annoying so I flashed rom again to get rid of v42 kernel.

went fine....but whole thing was very rocky.....

at least for g510 my experience was disappointing...

Guest wbrambley

beejmaster

I think its because your phone believes it is roaming. Does your provider "piggyback" another network?

Guest Ranx91

hi guys
by now months are passed since the first build of this cm11 is come out!
i really want to know if it has reached an a good stability for a daily usage,whats works and what doesnt works?

thanks

Edited by Ranx91

Guest david-rf

hi guys

by now months are passed since the first build of this cm11 is come out!

i really want to know if it has reached an a good stability for a daily usage,whats works and what doesnt works?

thanks

It's way better than months ago, but I think there are still some problems... it's usable but still a bit of a compromise IMO.

Guest beejmaster

I think its because your phone believes it is roaming. Does your provider "piggyback" another network?

I see, yes it does piggyback, I'm on giffgaff, which is a virtual network using o2's stations.

Guest Ranx91

It's way better than months ago, but I think there are still some problems... it's usable but still a bit of a compromise IMO.

thanks,i will try it!!

last question:is this based on android 4.4.4 or 4.4.3?

Edited by Ranx91

Guest beejmaster

I flashed the zip, and although there was never an indication I was in roaming, maybe I was and now I'm not because the icons are white now.

Thank you very much for your help :)