[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest plantroon

Since I have some problems with this rom (LED notification light, WiFi, I have already written about this problems), I have a question. Would it help formatting data and cache partitions (mounts and storage -> format /data, mounts and storage -> format /cache)? Is it safe at all? So far I did the following: mounts and storage -> format /system, wipe data and factory reset (I tried also wipe cache and dalvik), install rom, install gapps. I also tried: flash stock cwm, install stock rom and then flash KonstaT CWM and install CM11 rom. None of this helped. Always the same problems. That's why I ask this about formatting data and cache partitions. Thanks in advance.

We don't have stock CWM xDD (You meant stock recovery I believe)

Just don't restore your google data after you wipe it/factory reset it, as KonstaT said, it helped me with 90% of my problems ... Then also smashing the phone to the ground finally fixed the network signal behavior. That's how you fix chinese stuff - kick it, smash it, scratch it, shake it, wipe it...

Edited by plantroon

Guest MJonMoDaCo

We don't have stock CWM xDD (You meant stock recovery I believe)

Aye, and while you're at it, make sure you have the CORRECT stock recovery. Often hidden in the update.zip, but not always the correct version, like in my case, a New Zealand carrier ROM being shipped with the German (Medion) recovery! Think it worked? Nope.

In any case, try here (ZTE Support Site) for your actual country/carrier specific ROM first!!

Failing that, THEN try the Stock Rom thread on this forum

You'll probably find you need to get your recovery file from this link, as trying to fish it out and use the recovery inside the zip file is a dodgy thing, as I mentioned earlier. I think you'll find the recoveries from this forum will be easiest to get.

Of course, if you do get the CORRECT Stock ROM for your phone, then it will flash a few specific things for your device - like the WiFi modules etc. I know this way of installing this ROM may be meticulous - some may say anally-retentive - until they (repeatedly) try fixing this problem using the same method over and over (Using CWM only) and wonder why it won't work properly... Fact is, I have pretty much resigned myself to using this method because I don't even have the right bloody phone! Even though our dev has rendered our Stock ROMs almost useless, the one thing they are useful for, is the very reason you should have one, well before you install a custom ROM.

I hope this gives you hope. Otherwise:

Then also smashing the phone to the ground finally fixed the network signal behavior. That's how you fix chinese stuff - kick it, smash it, scratch it, shake it, wipe it...

There's always flashing the BIOS the analog way...

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest Edgaar

Thank you for the new build KonstaT! 

This time I didnt use any previoulsy saved settings from my G acc. and the phone works flawlessly!

Guest bequite

Thanks plantroon and MJonMoDaCo. I've already tried everything what you suggested. The only thing I have not tried format data and cache partition (you didn't answer whether it is safe to do this?) and eventually to flash non-branded recovery (my phone is branded) and last b12 stock rom and then flash CWM and CM11. Is it possible at all on brended phone flash non-branded recovery and rom?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Good to hear it's going well!

The only thing I have not tried format data and cache partition (you didn't answer whether it is safe to do this?) and eventually to flash non-branded recovery (my phone is branded) and last b12 stock rom and then flash CWM and CM11. Is it possible at all on brended phone flash non-branded recovery and rom?

Formatting the data partition (the 2.4G internal partition) will wipe all apps from memory. Formatting the cache will clear any OTA updates you get (We don't get any), as well as clear the repository of any recently installed apps. I've not noticed it being used on these phones though (some older ones with much less internal space). Both are safe to format for a new ROM. The data partition is safe to format even if you DON'T want to flash a new ROM - perhaps because you've installed a whole bunch of apps, even for testing purposes, and don't need many of them anymore. Certainly better than trying to uninstall them one by one!

On the point of which recovery to use, if the unbranded one worked, then this is enough, as long as it flashes your Stock ROM successfully, then your experience will be much better. judging by what you said - it worked. Nice one!

Edit: Err, best to make sure that data partition doesn't include things you really want. Backup your apps that you want to keep using an app like 7zipper - but that's subjective - Use whatever you like.

Question for others/KonstaT: Does this reset all settings too? Or does that only happen under a factory reset? It's been a long time since I only formatted the data partition (9 months?).

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I was not very clear in previous post. I've already tried everything what you suggested but nothing helped, unfortunately.

Too right. My bad. The stock recovery will normally only flash the ROM that goes with it. The only exception to this seems to be the German and Slovakian Recoveries, which can be used with a few different ROMs. But you DEFINITELY need the right stock ROM; That I hope (and am sure) you do have. But there *should* be a recovery for your phone. What's your carrier?

Guest bequite

When I first time worked root I made backup of my stock rom. I used that recovery, from backup. After that I tried flash stock recovery from update.zip for my carrier (VIP Serbia). Nothing helped. Notification LED light continues to act unusually with all KonstaT roms except Aurora. When I receive SMS, missed call LED always shine or blink like crazy. WiFi works, but it often happens that they can not switch it on without resetting the phone (only in CM11). I honestly don't know what else to try. Slowly giving up.

Edited by bequite

Guest MJonMoDaCo

When I first time worked root I made backup of my stock rom. I used that recovery, from backup. After that I tried flash stock recovery from update.zip for my carrier (VIP Serbia). Nothing helped. Notification LED light continues to act unusually with all KonstaT roms except Aurora. When I receive SMS, missed call LED always shine or blink like crazy. WiFi works, but it often happens that they can not switch it on without resetting the phone (only in CM11). I honestly don't know what else to try. Slowly giving up.

Okay. I don't seem to have the same problem with the wifi, but then I usually turn it off when I'm not using it anymore. It's a good idea to do so before you send it to sleep. I happen to have a long timeout on my screen (the full 30 minutes) so I usually wind up having to turn it off (screen and wifi) manually anyway. But the lights? That's bizarre. Going back to a stock ROM should give default behavior for the vast majority. This really ought to be happening on my phone before yours...

Guest bequite

I don't know what to say. Bizarre or not I have a problem, especially LED light irritating problem, that I can not solve. With stock rom everything works perfectly but with Konstat CM roms doesn't work normal. And what is even stranger I'm not only with this problem.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

How to install:

• boot into ClockWorkMod
  • backup and restore -> backup (makes a nandroid backup of your previous ROM)
  • mounts and storage -> format /system
  • wipe data and factory reset
  • install cm-11-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
  • install gapps-kk-xxxxxxxx-signed.zip
  • reboot now

FAQ:

Q: I can't find developer options and performance settings, why?

A: Settings -> About phone -> Click 'Build number' several times

You missed it.

Guest MetalDroid

Hello, first, sorry to invade this thread...

Anyone would be so kind as to check if the calls work well with LINE (voip app)?

I ask because my device developer uses the sources of KonstaT.

It might be helpful for the developer :)

I know that with Skype and Viber it works (only with the latest version).

Thank you all.

Edited by MetalDroid

Guest Le Cosaque

Great rom, thanks KonstaT.

But I have a small problem. I have a Nokia BH503 Bluethooth Headset. On the stock ICS rom I had no problem listening to music, but on this rom it interrupts from time to time, like it disconnects for a second or two and than it starts again. Any ideas why and how to fix it?

Guest theshrink89

Had a problem with this rom... I used iGo navigation about 15 minutes ago. Entered the adress, started driving, for about five minutes everything was cool and then suddenly POOF! A short blue screen and reboot. Tried again-same issue. Any ideas...?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Had a problem with this rom... I used iGo navigation about 15 minutes ago. Entered the adress, started driving, for about five minutes everything was cool and then suddenly POOF! A short blue screen and reboot. Tried again-same issue. Any ideas...?

I don't suppose you've searched for location-specific gps.conf? Hey, you said ideas, not guaranteed solutions :P

Since this isn't a stock ROM, we can't use the GPS test:

Phone dialer --> *983*477#

So you'll have to get a gps.conf and hope for the best... But since it's rebooting, I'm not certain it's GPS related - I just know that's not helping matters!

Edit: @theshrink888 You could try the people at xda if you wanted, buuuuut... What's this guy up to? @plantroon: That 3rd post looks interesting... @KonstaT Is he mad? :blink:

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest wagnerltd

Hi MetalDroid!

I use VOIP with 'CSipSimple' and 'CSipSimple codec pack' and work fine. :)

Edited by wagnerltd

Guest Something Wierd

Is it just me or the GPS isn't working? It can't determine my location both at High accuracy or Device only...

No issue with that here.Is suggest a clean install of the ROM after you make a buck up so you can restore the old one if that does not fix it.

Guest MetalDroid

Hi MetalDroid!

I use VOIP with 'CSipSimple' and 'CSipSimple codec pack' and work fine. :)

Thanks friend, it seems that the only application that fails is the LINE application (failure in most devices that use CM11), so we can not do much, can only hope to update the application.

Thank you again.

Guest MomirCar

No issue with that here.Is suggest a clean install of the ROM after you make a buck up so you can restore the old one if that does not fix it.

Okay, I will try today :)

Edited by MomirCar

Guest MomirCar

Please someone explain why is my battery draining so fast? Today, I charged it to 99% and now (after 5h 7min) is at 44%. It wasn't like that before :(