Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest Engr. Nawaz Ali

Hello dear dakok.. i am very inspired for your work on coolpad review... i have bought one coolpad 8297w during my visit to china..although its a good phone but am unhappy of the chinies apps and un-awailibility of Google apps. well you have put some valuable suggestion regarding this issue but the thing is i am a mechanical engineer and dont know a thing about this flashing, rooting, breaking unbreaking. I used to get wireless updates but when i tried to install them they would fail. Now i dont even get the updates on my phone. My system version is still the same when i bought my phone i.e. 4.2.018.P0.140402.8297w. i have enabled wireless update from wifi and data network in the setting. Please help me with this issue.

Edited by Engr. Nawaz Ali

Guest 77chedu

Probably your phone is running a modified stock rom and that's what is making the Otas fail

Fix would be either flashing an unmodified stock rom or rooting, change recovery, and then flash any zip rom file that you may like

Guest 77chedu

Hi,

Does anyone how the Clear Motion thing is implemented?

I see there's a lib, libClearMotionFW, and a config file in etc, mtk_clear_motion.cfg

Am I missing something else?

Guest 77chedu

Anyone see this release from Liutao?

We have the first Android L version?!

8297W-仿AndroidL-04.06.zip

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGkVg1K

No, that's probably a evolved version of RMGs Lollipop lookalike, like mine, or Pinto's for the micromax, Lan Gooner has also another one with similar aesthetics for the himax

I'll check the zip, but just looking at the screenshot, it might be a port of a redmi note version of the same rom from a spanish developer, that was ported back to the Coolpad. Fireteam did something similar

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-540074-1-1.html

EDIT:

Yep, I've checked the zip and it's a port of VanesaRS version for the redmi note with a bunch of chinese apps

Edited by 77chedu

Guest slime00

Anyone see this release from Liutao?

We have the first Android L version?!

8297W-仿AndroidL-04.06.zip

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGkVg1K

Great God F1 Unicom version of Android 5.0 high imitation foreign transplant shock struck / lollipop perfect interpretation of the first bomb / super perfect animation 04.06

he is in shock, maybe seeing a well-made rom for a chinese developer is more unique than rare :P

Edited by slime00

Guest johnickz

仿AndroidL = Imitation AndroidL = Απομίμηση AndroidL

(google translate)

Look one letter of Chinese alphabet, what can do!!

I saw that on direct Liutao's cloud so couldnt see the rest. 

Wrong alarm for the time being..

Edited by johnickz

Guest baniko

Look one letter of Chinese alphabet, what can do!!

I figured since I turned on the auto translation for this page. Otherwise ...!

Guest dakok

@nawaz

Just like 77chedu told you, you have a modified (by seller) original coolpad rom so you can't have normal OTA upgrade.

The best way is to try YGDP Tool - check that topic here at modaco and check the Easy Peasy section on the first page of this topic. When you study that (you're an engineer, it shouldn't be a problem) shoot us with the questions.

Don't be afraid to change the rom. I don't remember anyone here did something fatal while playing with phone software and a lot of people visits this forum.

Guest dakok

Just a friendly advice:

General animosity towards a group of people that doesn't speak his language shouldn't be a way for a wise man.

That's why we are called humans.

Guest milekolev

Vibe ui 2.0 one of the most stable roms... Feature rich too.... Battery usage is decent, everything works, memory usage is great too... Antutu 32100

Guest mickvip

Just a friendly advice:

General animosity towards a group of people that doesn't speak his language shouldn't be a way for a wise man.

That's why we are called humans.

I understand that we are all humans. But laziness and lack of decent translation - speaks for itself. No qualitative repository Polish - to add to the firmware! A parser is crude does not make sense to embed !!!

Guest Hormon

In some languages, there is no firmware, for personal reasons

All clear. Maybe someday you'll have a different view of the world, then you add other languages.

Guest dakok

He wrote that he had problem adding

Polish language Miui repository.

That means that the problem might

be elsewhere. Did you check your local Miui community?

Guest Pivko76

He wrote that he had problem adding

Polish language Miui repository.

That means that the problem might

be elsewhere. Did you check your local Miui community?

Dakok - this MIUI has perfect polish so i also think that is not MIUI problem , rather geopolitical :-(

Guest mickvip

Dakok - this MIUI has perfect polish so i also think that is not MIUI problem , rather geopolitical :-(

Contact the creator of this firmware. I do not have his repository \ parser for translation and language packs.

Guest mickvip

And for ALL!

It's not geopolitics. I just do the finished product - very different from the original. Want to add your language pack - make an effort! How to treat me - and I am! The conversation about the Polish language must be completed!

I'm far too patient. Others simply stopped communication and support.

PS Poles can talk about geopolitics and the like ... .... And find the repository and can not take advantage of JBart. That's the whole point!

Edited by mickvip