Guest Jpower73

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rom

http://www.myphone.gr/forum/showthread.php?p=6566188#post6566188

Fully functional. 

Gionee elife E7 sound libs attached. 

Compatible with Dolby Digital Plus. 

Decrapified, zipaligned, fstrimed. 

Features /Apks added

Gps sensor incompatibility issues fixed. Fast locking feature attached. 

Everything works like a charm. .  ;) 

Edited by Jpower73

Could you rate this ROM versus the Amoi ROM mentioned earlier or is it too soon?

I still didn't get around to switching from my maucat AOSP yet but am still thinking of it if there is a better ROM.

Maucat AOSP has been great bar a few minor quirks (which may be down to my configuration or installed apps/tools) but I fancy a change. 

Also - if I flash the latest official CoolUI ROM just to get the latest baseband/RIL etc. (assuming that's necessary and recommended?) then do I just follow the instructions in the first post to root, install recovery etc.?

It's been a long time and I can't remember the details... 

Guest Jpower73

i think, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rom is much better than amoi.

First of all, Notification tiles are customizable since it implements all the Gravity box'es features.

I' ve added zipaling and fstrim features which means more speed/responsiveness.

Dear,

if u wanna try another rom, try SGN4. Also, install the given gapps package (modified by me) or any other 4.4.3 version.

Highly Recommended!!!!!!!!!!!

(i'm still on LG G3, but not for long .. :) )

according the new ril files,

U have to follow the first post instractions. But, i think there is no need to...

Edited by Jpower73

Thanks Jpower73.

If you get a chance could you briefly summarise the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ROM installation instructions here as the Google translate of the original Greek is still a bit difficult to understand.

It's not clear to me if it's just ROM + gapps or if any other stuff needs to be installed? 

Regarding the official stock ROM I just assumed that it might be good practice to flash the latest official stock to ensure that the phone had the latest baseband/RIL/whatever. But you don't seem to think so?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Guest Jpower73

It is rom + gapps. 

Nothing special. 

The rom is Decrapified. 

-Titanium backup works fine. 

- Both sims are 3G capable. 

- Gionee elife E7 sound libs attached 

- Gravity box 100% functional. 

- Led light is 7 color capable. 

- super su rooted

- zipaligned + fstrimed

- Dolby Digital Plus attached.

You may use the gapps i provide (modified version, tested+confirmed) or any other 443 package. 

That's  all. 

According ril files, I'll take a look at the original zip to check if there is anything new inside firmware, mddb folders. If yes, then all my next uploads will implement the new rils.. 

Edited by Jpower73

Guest matejsolid
i sold my F1, tnx to all for help and good time spend together.. :)

For how much kuna did you sell ? And did you give any additional stuff like extra battery,headphones etc. ?

On 16/2/2016 at 11:28 AM, Jpower73 said:

i think, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rom is much better than amoi.

First of all, Notification tiles are customizable since it implements all the Gravity box'es features.

I' ve added zipaling and fstrim features which means more speed/responsiveness.

Dear,

if u wanna try another rom, try SGN4. Also, install the given gapps package (modified by me) or any other 4.4.3 version.

Highly Recommended!!!!!!!!!!!

(i'm still on LG G3, but not for long .. :) )

according the new ril files,

U have to follow the first post instractions. But, i think there is no need to...

Do I need to install the recovery of the first post? I have TWRP 

Gracias ;)

Guest slime00

on mtkroms they claimed they built from source a new bugless lollipop rom where everything works

http://www.mtkroms.com/2016/02/bugless-resurrection-remix-for-mt6592.html

the rom is developed for micromax 310, so could be flashed to coolpad without issues, but you know, better waiting some expert like our jpower to give the green lights about this :)

20 hours ago, slime00 said:

on mtkroms they claimed they built from source a new bugless lollipop rom where everything works

http://www.mtkroms.com/2016/02/bugless-resurrection-remix-for-mt6592.html

the rom is developed for micromax 310, so could be flashed to coolpad without issues, but you know, better waiting some expert like our jpower to give the green lights about this :)

Thanks slime00,

I wonder if it's ResurrectionRemix 5.6.4 (mentioned release in official RR changelog with today's date) or 5.6.3 (from Feb 13th).  Edit: Oh, it's 5.5.9.

Kernel is not "built from source" - it's KK kernel like everywhere (including device drivers), just the upper Android layers are built from source (adapted for KK kernel, like in CM 12.1 and others).

Anyway, it seems to be interesting choice, especially that they claim it "bugless".

Edited by xeros2

OK - am probably going to be passing my Coolpad F1 onto my gf when I get my new LeTV x600 so the usual question that drives everybody mad  ... what's the best ROM for her.

Reliability and simplicity are key here.

I've been using Maucat AOSP more or less from the start and I have no major complaints.

But is there something better perhaps?

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ROM above?

Amoi ROM mentioned earlier?

Some (which?) version of MIUI?

Other?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Guest mixanikosgr
53 minutes ago, dalyer said:

OK - am probably going to be passing my Coolpad F1 onto my gf when I get my new LeTV x600 so the usual question that drives everybody mad what's the best ROM for her.

Reliability and simplicity are key here.

I've been using Maucat AOSP more or less from the start and I have no major complaints.

But is there something better perhaps?

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ROM above?

Amoi ROM mentioned earlier?

Some (which?) version of MIUI?

Other?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks a lot.

EMUIUNICOM  2.3

Reliable, simple, multilanguage and everything working out of the box, nothing for you to do. No need for xposed, gravity etc.Only flash a zip for root if you think that your gf needs a rooted phone.

LINK

Guest HarlemOrange

I've got problems with my phone.

I have already bought two replacement batteries for this phone, and now the third one has stopped working as it is supposed to work. The battery starts swelling and it drains very quickly (15 min of activity).

Because of this has happened often I think the problem is in my phone. Is there a way to fix this problem?

I've looked with cpuspy into the behaviour of the cpu, I can see it is at 1.7GHz a lot when using the phone actively. But still, I can't think imagine this is the reason the battery is malfunctioning.

Is there an option to repair this or should I look for a new phone?

Guest mickiewicz
12 hours ago, Jpower73 said:

Here u r, guys...
http://www.myphone.gr/forum/showthre...93#post6591593

RESSURECTION REMIX 5.5.9 on coolpad F1

Complete presentation + instructions + changelog. 

Follow istrinstructions... 

Edit : YouTube latest version 720p support patch

can you write those instructions in english?

google translate from greek looks realy poor...

Guest dalyer
16 hours ago, HarlemOrange said:

I've got problems with my phone.

I have already bought two replacement batteries for this phone, and now the third one has stopped working as it is supposed to work. The battery starts swelling and it drains very quickly (15 min of activity).

Because of this has happened often I think the problem is in my phone. Is there a way to fix this problem?

I've looked with cpuspy into the behaviour of the cpu, I can see it is at 1.7GHz a lot when using the phone actively. But still, I can't think imagine this is the reason the battery is malfunctioning.

Is there an option to repair this or should I look for a new phone?

Surely a more likely cause is that the replacement batteries that you bought are crap (and dangerous! - if a battery is swelling then remove and dispose of it immediately as it may be a fire/explosion hazard!).

Did you buy all replacements from the same seller?

Who/where?

I seem to recall some reliable replacement battery recommendations here on modaco a while back but at the moment I cannot find them.

I'd be interested too as I think that my original battery may be showing some signs of wear and tear and may be running out quicker.

Guest HarlemOrange
8 hours ago, dalyer said:

Surely a more likely cause is that the replacement batteries that you bought are crap (and dangerous! - if a battery is swelling then remove and dispose of it immediately as it may be a fire/explosion hazard!).

Did you buy all replacements from the same seller?

Who/where?

I seem to recall some reliable replacement battery recommendations here on modaco a while back but at the moment I cannot find them.

I'd be interested too as I think that my original battery may be showing some signs of wear and tear and may be running out quicker.

The newest one I ordered from this AliExpress seller. It looked pretty real to me, but now when I take a closer look, I see there is no silver sticker on it.

The previous one was from Ebay. I am not sure if there was a silver sticker on it. If I find the seller I will send a link of it aswell. Found!

So you think buying a new Original battery can do the job?

Edited by HarlemOrange
Found the Ebay seller