[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Synopsis Kernel For Cyanogenmod and SlimKat

Guest fonz93

Guest sgspluss

@fonz can you writte an tutorial how to repack an kernel for any CM version please? I think many people are intressted in it.

Guest TayoOnabule

Here there is an english guide for windows users (what i use to repack synopsis), http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073775

And we just drop in the ramdisk from the respective android version?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out :)

Anyone want a CM10.2 Version of the synopsis kernel? :P

Edited by TayoOnabule

The Ramdisk is responsible for initializing your whole android system (creating folders, setting permissions, starting services, ......).

The kernel code (zImage) is nearly independent from it.

So yea, all you have to do is extracting a working kernel for your ROM/device, keeping the content of the ramdisk and only replacing the "zImage" file.

Sometimes developer modify the content of the ramdisk as well (for init.d support for example or to initial non-standard stuff like ZRAM etc.). In this case you would need to add that custom stuff to your ramdisk files.

Hope I didn't cause too much confusion biggrin.png

Guest TayoOnabule

The Ramdisk is responsible for initializing your whole android system (creating folders, setting permissions, starting services, ......).

The kernel code (zImage) is nearly independent from it.

So yea, all you have to do is extracting a working kernel for your ROM/device, keeping the content of the ramdisk and only replacing the "zImage" file.

Sometimes developer modify the content of the ramdisk as well (for init.d support for example or to initial non-standard stuff like ZRAM etc.). In this case you would need to add that custom stuff to your ramdisk files.

Hope I didn't cause too much confusion biggrin.png

Thanks for explaining it! i had to do some reading up to figure it all out, but your explanation makes much more sense :P

Guest TayoOnabule

Hey fonz. Do you think you could repack the latest experimental synopsis kernel? If not, I can do them but I'm not home till later

Guest fonz93

Hey fonz. Do you think you could repack the latest experimental synopsis kernel? If not, I can do them but I'm not home till later

Of course, i am doing some stuffs on linux, when i am done, i'll repack the last kernel

Guest luca020400

Hai scitto male cyanogenmod nel titolo ;-)

You have write bad cyanogennod in the title ;-)

Edited by luca020400

Guest thetonyxx

Hai scitto male cyanogenmod nel titolo ;-)

You have write bad cyanogennod in the title ;-)

who?

cyanogenmod is correct

Guest davef7

This Kernel is awesome on stock! But now i'm on cyanogenmod 11, this repack is better then the stock kernel of cm11? Do you recommend it to me?