[Poll] The Best Coolpad F1 rom is... (Outdated!)

Guest dakok

Guest 77chedu

Please give me a download link.

Thanks!

It's just a repack I've made of an RMG rom. It was quite nice, had zram enabled, pretty smooth, but camera was not its best feature

I've just uploaded a second version with Coolpad camera and gallery -not the one that was posted on the main thread, that one was missing some libraries-, among other things. You can find it over at the spanish forum

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/android-l-por-rmg-repack.94174/

===========

As for the best rom out there, I think that, given the circumstances (MTK/Coolpad support or lack of), we've come a long way, thanks to a great community

I think we have both for JB and KK, a handful of really good roms (not perfect) and probably there're more worthy roms out there that should be on the poll that sadly would be overlooked and forgotten. Because it's not easy to keep track of every release

Edited by 77chedu

Guest slime00

and we'll (hopefully) have Lollipop roms to add to that long list, unbelievable for a chinese phone (2 major updates is uncommon even for a lot of worldwide brands!) :D
about Coolpad camera: I've tried the one on the rom based on jonzalvo's one (the lite rom), which was the one with broken gallery. Even with CP camera, quality was the (disappointing) one of 4.2 aosps, which led me to think that it's not only an app thing, but also libraries and maybe something kernel-related. Is this new release (with working gallery) improved in that sense?

Dude is "androidl.r.5.2.2.rar" the latest rom to flash or "Android_L_repack_v2.zip" and what about this "AndroidL_repack_fixedsound.zip". I am confused which one to flash?

It's just a repack I've made of an RMG rom. It was quite nice, had zram enabled, pretty smooth, but camera was not its best feature

I've just uploaded a second version with Coolpad camera and gallery -not the one that was posted on the main thread, that one was missing some libraries-, among other things. You can find it over at the spanish forum

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/android-l-por-rmg-repack.94174/

===========

As for the best rom out there, I think that, given the circumstances (MTK/Coolpad support or lack of), we've come a long way, thanks to a great community

I think we have both for JB and KK, a handful of really good roms (not perfect) and probably there're more worthy roms out there that should be on the poll that sadly would be overlooked and forgotten. Because it's not easy to keep track of every release

Guest 77chedu

Dude is "androidl.r.5.2.2.rar" the latest rom to flash or "Android_L_repack_v2.zip" and what about this "AndroidL_repack_fixedsound.zip". I am confused which one to flash?

Flash whatever you want

The rar file is the original one by RMG,

The fixedsound one is the first version of my repack. It has the stock KK camera that was posted here, on modaco

On the v2 version, the latest one, some libraries had been added to the camera and has a working Coolpad gallery. 

Guest 77chedu

and we'll (hopefully) have Lollipop roms to add to that long list, unbelievable for a chinese phone (2 major updates is uncommon even for a lot of worldwide brands!) :D

about Coolpad camera: I've tried the one on the rom based on jonzalvo's one (the lite rom), which was the one with broken gallery. Even with CP camera, quality was the (disappointing) one of 4.2 aosps, which led me to think that it's not only an app thing, but also libraries and maybe something kernel-related. Is this new release (with working gallery) improved in that sense?

Ciao,

Probably. I think that some JB roms have worst cameras compared to CoolUI, but on KK, there're a few roms where you don't notice so much difference: maucat aosp, hiveui with the patch applied, some emui... and Infocus

Infocus actually had a working Coolpad camera that was better than the stock KK, posted previously here on modaco. Another user compared the two cameras and reported this to me

So I reached out to the F2 guys at the spanish forum and we figured out that some libraries were missing

Still, I'm no expert on photography, but without natural light, its performance is not as good as it could be. It may need some tweaking on its settings, or maybe with something like FV-5 someone could get better results.

Flash whatever you want

The fixedsound one is the first version of my repack. It has the stock KK camera that was posted here, on modaco

On the v2 version, the latest one, some libraries had been added to the camera and has a working Coolpad gallery.

Thansks

Guest zltnngy

Ciao,

Probably. I think that some JB roms have worst cameras compared to CoolUI, but on KK, there're a few roms where you don't notice so much difference: maucat aosp, hiveui with the patch applied, some emui... and Infocus

Infocus actually had a working Coolpad camera that was better than the stock KK, posted previously here on modaco. Another user compared the two cameras and reported this to me

So I reached out to the F2 guys at the spanish forum and we figured out that some libraries were missing

Still, I'm no expert on photography, but without natural light, its performance is not as good as it could be. It may need some tweaking on its settings, or maybe with something like FV-5 someone could get better results.

Which libs were added?

Flash whatever you want

I flashed v2. This one is excellent but the problem is we can't move apps to SD. By default installed apps reside in phone memory and there is no option to move the apps to SD? The only minus point here.

Guest abiatar

I flashed v2. This one is excellent but the problem is we can't move apps to SD. By default installed apps reside in phone memory and there is no option to move the apps to SD? The only minus point here.

You can try xposed modules like XInstaller or XInternalSd

Guest borsosg

I have a patch for lost imei. It was linked with a miui v6. I will upload it to my google drive and share the link but only afternoon. It can help you, or you must flash any stock rom with YGDB Tool.

Edited by borsosg

I have a patch for lost imei. It was linked with a miui v6. I will upload it to my google drive and share the link but only afternoon. It can help you, or you must flash any stock rom with YGDB Tool.

Bro can you please tell me the name of the patch, I'll get it right now as I am in front of my PC

If you really lost it (NVRAM corruption) only 015 CoolUI stock rom flashing through SP Flash Tool (from Soda9s tutorial) might help.

If that doesn't help then you'll have to use someone's F1 NVRAM backup and then enter your IMEI.

If you didn't lose it, flashing another rom might help.

Backup you IMEI with this simple tool (if you haven't already done so)

Edited by dakok

If you really lost it (NVRAM corruption) only 015 CoolUI stock rom flashing through SP Flash Tool (from Soda9s tutorial) might help.

If that doesn't help then you'll have to use someone's F1 NVRAM backup and then enter your IMEI.

If you didn't lose it, flashing another rom might help.

Backup you IMEI with this simple tool (if you haven't already done so)

Thanks a lot guys for the help but I finally got my IMEI back by flashing stock rom, rooted and restored back to EMUI. Best rom for me.

I uploaded the "imei patch". You can Try it. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/71ynf86t188la2f/AACpKWPKSrha2ZUrzjVrvreMa?dl=0

Guest 77chedu

Guys can someone help me with this. I flashed Lollipop lookalike v2 using TWRP 2.8.1. Everything went well but i rebooted the system my both sim cards are unable to detect. will flashing the stock A310 rom will help?

Please help. 

It might be a coincidence, but I'm having a similar problem, so I've edited my post at the spanish forum. 

So, please refrain from flashing v2 Lollipop lookalike until this get sorted out

I'm deeply sorry for any inconvenience

It might be a coincidence, but I'm having a similar problem, so I've edited my post at the spanish forum.

So, please refrain from flashing v2 Lollipop lookalike until this get sorted out

I'm deeply sorry for any inconvenience

I resolved this problem. The issue was coz my IMEI went missing but if have backed up your IMEI that this won't be much to worry about. I did was flashed the stock rom and got my IMEI back and took the backup so in future if this issue happens, I just need to flash the IMEI back. If you too are facing the sim cards issue just flash the zip through recovery and it will generate another flashable zip which in future you can use to restore your IMEI. [emoji4]