AOSP xTremeVanilla v2 Cyanogen Edition 4.4.2

Guest theremondt

Guest nikanta

i have compatability issues with play store
the phone is recognised as micromax a310 and many games that can be played on our mobile don't appear at playstore due to compatability issues
has anyone found a soluton to that?

Guest korekore1

the phone is recognised as micromax a310 and many games that can be played on our mobile don't appear at playstore due to compatability issues

search this thread for lcd density

Guest theremondt

try change your lcd_density to 320

Guest nikanta

try change your lcd_density to 320

i did change my lcd_density to 320 using rom toolbox and it still doesn't work

i also tried changing model and manufacturer to coolpads f1 original and still no luck

is there anything else i can do?

Guest theremondt

i did change my lcd_density to 320 using rom toolbox and it still doesn't work

i also tried changing model and manufacturer to coolpads f1 original and still no luck

is there anything else i can do?

after change your lcd density, reboot and clear data & cache on playstore and reboot once again

Guest kunver400

so the exposed framework is still causing bootloops.

i am using the v2.1 

and removed all the patches except zipalign and now the exposed framework is working fine,

please tell me which patch is causing the bootloops, i will apply all other patches.

Guest KennyPowers2000

Hello,

I am looking at moving from AOSP Pure Jonzalvo rom to this one, however I am a little confused as to the issues with this rom.

I was going to flash the main rom off NeedRom, then flash the most recent 2.1 update off the devs facebook page.

Is this correct, and would I experience the bootloops mentioned on this thread? It mentions xposed, but is that already part of the rom, or something people install seperately?

Thanks,

KP

Guest KennyPowers2000

So I went for it and just flashed the rom and the v2.1 final update patch.

It runs smooth alright, but there are still some minor buggyiness going on, like the wifi nvram thing, and random Music has stopped messages etc, plus some of the apps like root explorer seem to lock up.

When I downloaded the rom from NeedRom, I saw the dev also gad a Lollipop theme. How would I go about applying this, and is it likely to trigger the xposed bootloop bug I keep reading about on this thread?

Also, how would I get the Music app to show album covers that are hard coded already in my music?

Many thanks.

KP

Edited by KennyPowers2000

Guest kunver400

So I went for it and just flashed the rom and the v2.1 final update patch.

It runs smooth alright, but there are still some minor buggyiness going on, like the wifi nvram thing, and random Music has stopped messages etc, plus some of the apps like root explorer seem to lock up.

When I downloaded the rom from NeedRom, I saw the dev also gad a Lollipop theme. How would I go about applying this, and is it likely to trigger the xposed bootloop bug I keep reading about on this thread?

Also, how would I get the Music app to show album covers that are hard coded already in my music?

Many thanks.

KP

Just delete

\system\etc\int.d\s98systemtweak

That fixes the xposed bootloops for me.[emoji6]

Guest KennyPowers2000

So I deleted the tweak you mentioned above. Then I downloaded the Lollipop Theme from dev's NeedRom page (apk) and copied to & installed on my phone.

Question is, how do I change themes? I've gone to Xposed Installer>Framework>Install/Update, then Modules>ticked both GravityBoxKK and XThemeEngine.

When I click on the XThemeEngine beta5 app, it comes up with a message that I need to click Install/Update and activate Icon Themer module in Module tab. I have already ticked the only two things in the Module tab, so any ideas?

Thank you,

KP

Guest trashbat

So I deleted the tweak you mentioned above. Then I downloaded the Lollipop Theme from dev's NeedRom page (apk) and copied to & installed on my phone.

Question is, how do I change themes? I've gone to Xposed Installer>Framework>Install/Update, then Modules>ticked both GravityBoxKK and XThemeEngine.

When I click on the XThemeEngine beta5 app, it comes up with a message that I need to click Install/Update and activate Icon Themer module in Module tab. I have already ticked the only two things in the Module tab, so any ideas?

Thank you,

KP

Do you delete the tweak in the rom package prior to install or can you delete it after the rom is installed?

Guest KennyPowers2000

I went into RootExplorer on the phone, navigated to it and just deleted it (mine was \system\etc\int.d\s98system_tweak)

So far no boot loops so fingers crossed all is good!

Managed to get it working as stated in the above post, by just ignoring the dialog boxes!

Thanks again!

Guest KennyPowers2000

So I'm looking at using the Coolpad F1 as a car Sat Nav, as my ancient Tom Tom had died :(

I've played around with Google Navigtion/Maps, and looks like it could be a good replacement, however the app crashes a lot with a dialogue box saying Google Text-Speech has stopped?

Has anyone else seen this happen, as it might be caused by one of the patches/tweaks applied on this rom by the developer?

Guest nikanta

after change your lcd density, reboot and clear data & cache on playstore and reboot once again

did it exactly as you said and nothing happened 

the only difference other than the size of everything is that the phone suddenly became very laggy

Guest trashbat

did it exactly as you said and nothing happened 

the only difference other than the size of everything is that the phone suddenly became very laggy

Mine is also laggy with this rom, especially when typing

Guest nikanta

Mine is also laggy with this rom, especially when typing

does playstore show any compatability issues for you while changing lcd density to 320?

Guest KennyPowers2000

So I purchased CoPilot off the Google Play Store, so I can use the phone offline via the GPS.

The phone can't seem to get a GPS fix however, and I have confirmed it with GPS Test app as well.  Is this a known issue with this rom? I hope there might be a workaround, or I just wasted money on an app I can't use! (unless I change roms again)

Guest korekore1

So I purchased CoPilot off the Google Play Store, so I can use the phone offline via the GPS.

The phone can't seem to get a GPS fix however, and I have confirmed it with GPS Test app as well. Is this a known issue with this rom? I hope there might be a workaround, or I just wasted money on an app I can't use! (unless I change roms again)

This ROM has the fastest GPS of all Roms.And on device only mode.Try GPS fix from play store

Guest matejsolid

One problem arised for me on this rom.
I used Apollo for listening to music and DSP manager and everything is set to prefences I like but for every new song I have to enter again to DSP manager to load my preset otherwise it's too low volume and no bass.
How to set to load everytime for everysong preset in DSP manager ? Thanks

Guest KennyPowers2000

GPS seems to have cheived a 3D fix now, maybe it was nearby buildings or cloud blocking signal, who knows.

I managed to resolve the Google text-to-speech crashing problem by uninstalling the updates through Play Store.

Update: it is taking a ridiculously long time to acquire a fix. Once it has though, it seems to keep it quite well. I wonder if there is a way to optimise it to acquire fix quicker, without using data agps?

As someone stated earlier, this ROM is supposed to be one of the better performing ROMs out there. Maybe when I deleted the s98system_tweak it somehow worsened the GPS :(

Edited by KennyPowers2000

Guest Maringer

Have you set your local NTP server using FasterGPS or a similar app? You'll need root access to use this app.

Changing NTP server is one of the first things I do when installing a new ROM. I've not tried this ROM, however.