[DEV][ROM][7.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

• 4 weeks later...

I need some help. I installed the rom but I dont like marshmallow and decided to return to CM12.1 from the TWRP backup I had done. After restoring the phone did not pass the boot image. I flashed the CM12.1 rom again and worked, but I wanted my files again, so I went back to trying to restore from the backup and did not work, the phone again does not pass the boot image.
Resigned I decided to do a clean installation and wipe all data (selecting all the options in TWRP) (Davik, system, data, internal storage, cache and android secure) after flashing the phone only comes into recovery mode.
I installed CM12.1 and CM13 many times but the problem persists, even i tried to restore from a TWRP backup of the original rom of Huawei.

Guest KonstaT
18 hours ago, Di3go said:

I need some help. I installed the rom but I dont like marshmallow and decided to return to CM12.1 from the TWRP backup I had done. After restoring the phone did not pass the boot image. I flashed the CM12.1 rom again and worked, but I wanted my files again, so I went back to trying to restore from the backup and did not work, the phone again does not pass the boot image.
Resigned I decided to do a clean installation and wipe all data (selecting all the options in TWRP) (Davik, system, data, internal storage, cache and android secure) after flashing the phone only comes into recovery mode.
I installed CM12.1 and CM13 many times but the problem persists, even i tried to restore from a TWRP backup of the original rom of Huawei.

That's probably an issue with misc partition. I should release another TWRP image sometime...

Flash stock recovery image and boot once to it (or write zeros to misc partition in TWRP). It should boot to system after that.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest anmr2380

I have this problem ... .instale mistakenly dual sim u23.zip in my Y560 l23 and automatic screen rotation to put me as the image rotates taking the cell in normal position ... ..eso happened after installing this zip zip ... ..the it works fine on my dual sim cell is naithly.zip ... ..as ..or fix that problem as uninstall that package to install running on my cell

342aa39c9b5c1a449a320d5ef9e9ea0b.jpg

Guest anmr2380
I have this problem ... .instale mistakenly dual sim u23.zip in my Y560 l23 and automatic screen rotation to put me as the image rotates taking the cell in normal position ... ..eso happened after installing this zip zip ... ..the it works fine on my dual sim cell is naithly.zip ... ..as ..or fix that problem as uninstall that package to install running on my cell

342aa39c9b5c1a449a320d5ef9e9ea0b.jpg

I do not want to install everything from scratch again I have many ... .Although would sort that way

Guest anmr2380

I di3go tube that problem ... in my Y560 l23 solve it by installing the recovery stock and then again the custom recovery intalando worked for me ...... ...... .lei that if restarting back to recovery instead of starting normally is corrupted the recovery

Guest KonstaT
19 hours ago, anmr2380 said:

Just flash the ROM and the right dual-SIM patch (FAQ - third post of this thread). No need to wipe anything.

6 hours ago, Asser19 said:

e       y5     i   i  y625             o i    

Yeah, no.

Guest anmr2380

In my case I did not work kontakt I stayed in a loop of initiating android applications like more than an hour later I stayed in the logo of android ...... luckily I had a backup of two months ago and restore ..... I had 80% of the applications ..... I play less work

Guest KonstaT

Notice! SELinux is a bitch. Please install also the patch below that will set SELinux permissive to avoid any issues.

New build. First one with source built kernel and SELinux enforcing but everything seems to be running smoothly and stable. :)

cm-13.0-20161116-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224398875
md5:426234304351ab74dba3fd32f0a023db

cm-13.0-20161116-y560-selinux-permissive.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224398894
md5:4a7b00ff95b4b23ca2c4ffcfcdd3a6a2

-SELinux enforcing
-add lockscreen blur feature
-CM's new dexopt screen (merged)
-build kernel & wifi driver from source
-remove kernel modules support (go moduleless)
-kernel performance optimizations (Cortex-A7 tuning & optimized memutils)
-add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default
-add vibrator intensity control
-add kernel patch for DriveDroid
-enable KSM
-patch shtload of known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
-Android security patch level: 5 November 2016 (merged)

U23 patch needs an update as well but apparently there's not much point in making one. Someone test the CM12.1 patch first to see if it even works.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Alonso98
11 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Notice! Apparently this needs a clean installation for some reason (edit. SELinux strikes again). Follow installation instructions in the third post of this thread. Edit2. Added a patch below that puts SELinux to permissive mode that fixes boot after dirty flashing. Clearly not a good idea to rush these things. :(

New build. First one with source built kernel and SELinux enforcing but everything seems to be running smoothly and stable. :)

cm-13.0-20161116-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224398875
md5:426234304351ab74dba3fd32f0a023db

cm-13.0-20161116-y560-selinux-permissive.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224398894
md5:4a7b00ff95b4b23ca2c4ffcfcdd3a6a2

-SELinux enforcing
-add lockscreen blur feature
-CM's new dexopt screen (merged)
-build kernel & wifi driver from source
-remove kernel modules support (go moduleless)
-kernel performance optimizations (Cortex-A7 tuning & optimized memutils)
-add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default
-add vibrator intensity control
-add kernel patch for DriveDroid
-enable KSM
-patch shtload of known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
-Android security patch level: 5 November 2016 (merged)

U23 patch needs an update as well but apparently there's not much point in making one. Someone test the CM12.1 patch first to see if it even works.

Wow these are amazing news. Huawei finally made the complete source available? I can test the U23 patch btw

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, Alonso98 said:

Wow these are amazing news. Huawei finally made the complete source available? I can test the U23 patch btw

Yes, they released it last week after violating GPLv2 for 11 months. Please test the latest CM12.1 build and U23 patch there.

Guest Prince420

Wow.. cm13 with that build kernel .. V curious .. Cm12.1 is such a beast with better perfomance.. Thinking it will be also same r8?? What is the flashing method now?? 

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, Prince420 said:

Wow.. cm13 with that build kernel .. V curious .. Cm12.1 is such a beast with better perfomance.. Thinking it will be also same r8?? What is the flashing method now?? 

Just flash both the ROM and the patch if you don't care about SELinux. It still goes from disabled to permissive compared to previous build so at least that's some progress. :P

If you want to experiment, you can try without the patch. Just make a nandroid backup before just in case as always. Tested it couple of days with clean installation and didn't come across any issues or SELinux denials. Only ran into trouble flashing it over my previous data. No idea why I should have device specific sepolicy for something like CyanogenMod settings database anyway. :o Probably never done a first release with SELinux enforcing with no issues. So frustrating...

Guest Prince420
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

Just flash both the ROM and the patch if you don't care about SELinux. It still goes from disabled to permissive compared to previous build so at least that's some progress. :P

If you want to experiment, you can try without the patch. Just make a nandroid backup before just in case as always. Tested it couple of days with clean installation and didn't come across any issues or SELinux denials. Only ran into trouble flashing it over my previous data. No idea why I should have device specific sepolicy for something like CyanogenMod settings database anyway. :o Probably never done a first release with SELinux enforcing with no issues. So frustrating...

installing new zip .. seems crazy about new dexopt screen..

edit: works perfectly.. was having buttons issue in menu button in the previous builds bt now its fully fine.. need to check out other things.. thnx for the update

Edited by Prince420

Guest anmr2380

Excellent and very good update ..... finally the longed for selinux and excellent improvements ...... I like it a lot ..... but I have a problem with the xposed I did not go very well I had to go back to the Previous rom ....... if someone ah tried an i ah ah worked please hang the link ....... install the xposed of my previous ROM installed well .... the problem was when activate a module ..... on reboot I stay in the logo of huawei .... no more than I did wipe did not come out of there ....... will there be any solution ..... install the Xposed 4 apk and the arm 23 zip

Guest Prince420

Dnt understanding these.. Never faced such prblms in previous builds.. Is it my fault?? #Konsta Shld i reflash with this rom?? Tried rebooting many times 

Screenshot_20161117-233716.png

Screenshot_20161117-233703.png

Guest anmr2380
Dnt understanding these.. Never faced such prblms in previous builds.. Is it my fault?? #Konsta Shld i reflash with this rom?? Tried rebooting many times 

Screenshot_20161117-233716.png

Screenshot_20161117-233703.png

I had a problem like that and solved it by making all the wipe in the twrp less external

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, anmr2380 said:

Excellent and very good update ..... finally the longed for selinux and excellent improvements ...... I like it a lot ..... but I have a problem with the xposed I did not go very well I had to go back to the Previous rom ....... if someone ah tried an i ah ah worked please hang the link ....... install the xposed of my previous ROM installed well .... the problem was when activate a module ..... on reboot I stay in the logo of huawei .... no more than I did wipe did not come out of there ....... will there be any solution ..... install the Xposed 4 apk and the arm 23 zip

I can't support installations with Xposed Framework or any other third party tweaks/hacks. I can't stop you from installing them but it's not my problem anymore if you have issues after that.

56 minutes ago, Prince420 said:

What procedure did you use to update? I'm just going to recommend everyone to install the SELinux permissive patch to avoid issues.

Contacts/Phone work just fine for me. Post logs next time, I don't do anything with screenshot.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Alonso98
12 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Yes, they released it last week after violating GPLv2 for 11 months. Please test the latest CM12.1 build and U23 patch there.

I just tested the patch. It still works and fixes the rotation and the camera, however it changes SELinux to disabled. The patch it's replacing the new kernel with the old one right?

Hey, I've got this installed (Just updated) and it's great but:

Does the Huawei Y560 support OTG? I can't find any information on the web. One OTG checker app says it does but another says it doesn't.
At first I thought it was because of CM, but after temporarily installing the stock ROM, it still won't work. (Back on CM now)