Jump to content
KonstaT

[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, KonstaT said:

You mean stock Remix OS that shipped with your device (B2016081102) or my Remix OS ROM? My Remix with Hi10 Pro patch actually has kernel/modules from stock Android build 20161102. Any difference in touchscreen sensitivity between those?

I can write to Jide and ask them release kernel source that matches B2016081102. Otherwise there's really nothing I can do about this.

I am now on your Remix build (B2016092102) & the sensitivity seems good - same as the remix B2016081102.  CM13 appears to need significantly more pressure to register the screen.

 

Is there a patch I should use on CM13 for the Hi10 Pro?  I am pretty sure I just flashed CM & Gapps.  Should I also flash RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Pro.zip for CM13?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Richtj999 said:

Is there a patch I should use on CM13 for the Hi10 Pro?  I am pretty sure I just flashed CM & Gapps.  Should I also flash RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Pro.zip for CM13?

No patch for Hi10 Pro with CM13 anymore. There's a source built kernel included in the latest build that fixes a lot of issues (e.g. device entering deep sleep mode). It's meant for Vi10/Hi10 Plus really but it works on Hi10 Pro except for the capacitive Windows/home button and touch sensitivity issue people are reporting. Other option is that I'll drop support for Hi10 Pro due to lack of kernel source (like I had to drop Hibook Pro & Hi12).

Edited by KonstaT
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

No patch for Hi10 Pro with CM13 anymore. There's a source built kernel included in the latest build that fixes a lot of issues (e.g. device entering deep sleep mode). It's meant for Vi10/Hi10 Plus really but it works on Hi10 Pro except for the capacitive Windows/home button and touch sensitivity issue people are reporting. Other option is that I'll drop support for Hi10 Pro due to lack of kernel source (like I had to drop Hibook Pro & Hi12).

Can we send an email to Jide to release kernel sources of hi10 pro? What is their mail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, davigar said:

Can we send an email to Jide to release kernel sources of hi10 pro? What is their mail?

Already wrote them today. CC'ed to all addresses they have on their on their website: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] It was the sales one that replied me the last time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, megaviolence said:

Just to clear-up recent posts: lastest CM build with initial patch for Hi12 is unsupported but working without deep sleep? Not surely unerstand

Pretty much. Hi12 patches are meant for the previous build (20161108 - available in the second post of this thread). I don't know if it still somehow works with the latest build but generally speaking you shouldn't flash patches for builds that they're not meant for.

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2016 at 10:44 PM, davigar said:

Can we send an email to Jide to release kernel sources of hi10 pro? What is their mail?

On 12/15/2016 at 10:57 PM, KonstaT said:

Already wrote them today. CC'ed to all addresses they have on their on their website: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] It was the sales one that replied me the last time.

And they've released it. Jide is pretty awesome! https://github.com/JideTechnology/remixos-kernel/tree/jide_chuwi_hi10pro_d_r51

I've prepared a patch for Hi10 Pro (there's some changes in touchscreen driver & power management). Any volunteers to test?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a patch for Hi10 Pro. Source built kernel with updates from the Hi10 Pro kernel source Jide just released. This will fix capacitive Windows/home button and touchscreen sensitivity. There's also some power management changes as Hi10 Pro has smaller capacity battery (8500mAh vs 6500mAh).

cm-13.0-20161209-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Pro.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862689066
md5:586dd57507b7033cbd0a487dd75c826e

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Konsta T, i send you a message can you see it? Please i need your help if you cant...

sorry for this..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so latest build works great with patch on hi12, but even if I know u dropped support for hi12, I have two questions.

1. Is there a way to fix screen rotation? it rotates only in two ways for me, not all four.

2. Is there a way to use SD Card? I have new Sandisk 64GB card, it works greats on my phone etc, but if I plug that card on hi12, it tells me that card is corrupted and needs to be formated.. thats ok with me, but when I select format from guide screen it stops on 20% and then close with error "command ˇ21 volume partition disk:179_64 public´ failed with null´ 

 

thanks for info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sparh4wk said:

so latest build works great with patch on hi12, but even if I know u dropped support for hi12, I have two questions.

1. Is there a way to fix screen rotation? it rotates only in two ways for me, not all four.

2. Is there a way to use SD Card? I have new Sandisk 64GB card, it works greats on my phone etc, but if I plug that card on hi12, it tells me that card is corrupted and needs to be formated.. thats ok with me, but when I select format from guide screen it stops on 20% and then close with error "command ˇ21 volume partition disk:179_64 public´ failed with null´ 

 

thanks for info

1. Settings -> Display & lights -> Rotation. It rotates to three ways by default.

2. SD cards work just fine for me. Something wrong at your end.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KonstaTFinally got the Vi10 Plus set up and am about to flash this rom now. Something struck me - do you know of any screen protectors available for the Vi10 Plus? Found one seller on Amazon, but not sure if it fits based on the reviews given in general for the company's products. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

@KonstaTFinally got the Vi10 Plus set up and am about to flash this rom now. Something struck me - do you know of any screen protectors available for the Vi10 Plus? Found one seller on Amazon, but not sure if it fits based on the reviews given in general for the company's products. 

Haven't even looked. I still have on the one that came with the device.

eBay has screen protectors for Hi10 Plus which is the same device in this regard.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Chuwi-Hi10-Plus-Schutzfolie-klar-Displayschutzfolie-Folie-dipos-/262723069401?hash=item3d2b83e5d9:g:z28AAOSwiONYLyEB
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Chuwi-Hi10-Plus-Schutzfolie-matt-Displayschutzfolie-Folie-dipos-/232146502587?hash=item360d0283bb:g:BR4AAOSwcUBYLyEQ

Edited by KonstaT
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About screenprotetors : My Vi 10 + has a screen that is not totally flat ! Edges seem t be a bit higher than rest of screen. Therfore tempered glass  protectors may not be aplied without air around the edges. Film protectors seem to be the better solution here. :)

Edited by Skyfire
some typos :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated :) 

@KonstaTflashed the rom. Performance is smooth and so far everything's perfect (aside from the issues you've mentioned already). Thanks a lot! No post without a question (right?) - how much of an effort would it take to create a Resurrection Remix version? I'm running RR on my Mi4C, that's why I'm curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated :) 

@KonstaTflashed the rom. Performance is smooth and so far everything's perfect (aside from the issues you've mentioned already). Thanks a lot! No post without a question (right?) - how much of an effort would it take to create a Resurrection Remix version? I'm running RR on my Mi4C, that's why I'm curious. 

Mostly just a matter of syncing Resurrection Remix source and compiling. You'll have to deal with whatever odd issues come along but all the hard work is already done. I've open sourced the device trees so anyone could practically build any CM/AOSP based ROM with quite little effort.

I'm not going to do it if that's what you're asking...

12 hours ago, zltnngy said:

Hibook (non pro) users can try my patch at:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-tYjl0oGVmrdktpd1ZWTDNYMkk/view?usp=sharing

Flash it on top of the main 20161209 build in the opening post.

Kernel source:

https://github.com/ZoliN/ChuwiHBKernel/tree/cm-13.0

Very nice! I'm assuming you got all hardware working?

How about ifdef'ing the Hibook specific stuff and pushing to https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_kernel_intel_cherrytrail?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently using stock android on my "HiBook Pro"... Is there any possibility that I can load Remix OS 3.0? on this tablet... As the chuwi forum says they might never release for HiBook Pro model... If any of you guys have any info that would be great :) thanks in advance. 

Edited by rupam.konar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

I'm not going to do it if that's what you're asking...

Not a request and I will never request anything regarding you creating roms (the Xiaomi one was a joke). 

However, I discovered something interesting. Using the stock CM camera you get those 2 bars of distortion. Using Open Camera the distortion is completely gone. There seems to be a yellow tint on the left side of the picture. My Open Camera app crashes after taking the photo (might be due to 9% battery and battery saver activated), but the picture's saved nonetheless. Will need further testing. But it seems this might not be related to the HAL after all. 

UPDATE: No distortion and no crash, when battery saver is deactivated. Tested with Open Camera and Camera MX. Yellow tint is still present, will try a few different light settings to see if that fixes anything. 

Edited by PalmTrees
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, rupam.konar said:

I am currently using stock android on my "HiBook Pro"... Is there any possibility that I can load Remix OS 3.0? on this tablet... As the chuwi forum says they might never release for HiBook Pro model... If any of you guys have any info that would be great :) thanks in advance. 

You can try Remix OS 2.0. http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/378166-portrom1312-remix-os-20-android-511-for-chuwi-vi10-plus-hi10-plus-hi10-pro-hibook-pro-hi12/

Remix OS 3.0 (based on Android 6.0) is not going happen. I'm not aware of any Cherry Trail devices having official Remix OS 3.0 release. Well, technically you can already run the PC version on your device (these being x86 devices and all) but things like touchscreen, audio, sensors, camera, etc won't work.

30 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

Not a request and I will never request anything regarding you creating roms (the Xiaomi one was a joke). 

However, I discovered something interesting. Using the stock CM camera you get those 2 bars of distortion. Using Open Camera the distortion is completely gone. There seems to be a yellow tint on the left side of the picture. My Open Camera app crashes after taking the photo (might be due to 9% battery and battery saver activated), but the picture's saved nonetheless. Will need further testing. But it seems this might not be related to the HAL after all. 

UPDATE: No distortion and no crash, when battery saver is deactivated. Tested with Open Camera and Camera MX. 

I actually considered getting the Mipad 2 earlier. I was even offered something when those winzip ports of my CM builds appeared. ;) There was no kernel source avalable at time so I wasn't that interested. I've since reconsidered and it still isn't that interesting. I can already do everything I wan't to do with this device.

It's also gone if you change resolution to 1mpix in the stock camera app settings.

It's almost definitely a camera HAL issue. iWork8 Ultimate never had this issue on CM13. All other camera blobs are exactly the same on both devices except the camera HAL.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You can try Remix OS 2.0. http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/378166-portrom1312-remix-os-20-android-511-for-chuwi-vi10-plus-hi10-plus-hi10-pro-hibook-pro-hi12/

Remix OS 3.0 (based on Android 6.0) is not going happen. I'm not aware of any Cherry Trail devices having official Remix OS 3.0 release. Well, technically you can already run the PC version on your device (these being x86 devices and all) but things like touchscreen, audio, sensors, camera, etc won't work.

I actually considered getting the Mipad 2 earlier. I was even offered something when those winzip ports of my CM builds appeared. ;) There was no kernel source avalable at time so I wasn't that interested. I've since reconsidered and it still isn't that interesting. I can already do everything I wan't to do with this device.

It's also gone if you change resolution to 1mpix in the stock camera app settings.

It's almost definitely a camera HAL issue. iWork8 Ultimate never had this issue on CM13. All other camera blobs are exactly the same on both devices except the camera HAL.

The Mi Pad 2 is always a "should/shouldn't" consideration. Same here. 

Okay, but how come the stock camera app has distortion, when using other camera apps don't? I assume Snapdragon Camera v2.1, which is used in most CM builds now aren't compatible with x86? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

The Mi Pad 2 is always a "should/shouldn't" consideration. Same here. 

Okay, but how come the stock camera app has distortion, when using other camera apps don't? I assume Snapdragon Camera v2.1, which is used in most CM builds now aren't compatible with x86? 

You mean the Snap camera app (yes, it's based on CAF Snapdragon camera)? You can build it for x86 and it works just as any other camera app (there were few crashes when I tested it, though). It's just not the best camera app IMHO and I prefer the simple stock Android one. If you need more features, you can just install one of the third party camera apps from the Play Store.

Edited by KonstaT
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.