MPx100

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MPXtricky
snip. . . . Are Motorola a more reliable manufacturer, or can we expect all new Smartphones to have their fair share of problems?

Motorola do not manufacture the MPX200. It is actually a Chi Mei 'Beethoven' with a Motorola badge on it. :!:

Guest midnight

and the mpx100 is manufactured by Compal, this is normal, but still have to go through Motorolas quality control, so they may aswell be made by Moto :)

Guest MPXtricky

That's the way it is old son. The Orange SPV is really the HTC Canary, the SPV e100 is an HTC Tanager and the SPV e200 is an HTC Voyager, as is the O2 Xphone. There are some cosmetic differences but essentially, the MPX200 is a Chi Mei as you can see here: 111839-n_073103_mscellphone.jpg

1063704498_motorola_mpx200.jpg

Guest agent.m

Just an update!!! It seems my con artist friend has changed his ebay id to king wang wang (felt like changing the g to a k ) which didn't stop the people me and my girlfriend contacted giving him bad feedback and ebay cancelling his account plus banning him from ebay US. :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tiger33

not sure but moto are saying that the mpx (300) is gonna have a 400mhz processor (a motorola engineer stated it at cebit where they were displaying the motorola mpx)

so i would assume (it this is an entry level phone) that it will have 200 or less (considering the size)

Guest midnight

the mpx100 is most definitely not an entry level phone, people have just presumed that because of the number 100, which is a silly assumption really, cos numbers of phones are almost meaningless, look at N*kia.

I would guess at 200mhz or maybe even more if we're lucky (although 200mhz is fine if the battery life really is 200hrs)

Guest midnight

yeh, i'd agree with that, and i would have 'presumed' that the pocket pc's would have been 3xx, but that obviously appears to no longer be the case

• 5 weeks later...
Guest midnight

errr, we already knew it wouldnt hit until at least July.... Motorola already said 'second half 2004' (almost as old as another peice of news from mswhathisface where he talks about market research papers, if he looks at the date from that its may 2003, not may 2004)

Guest Brody
I'd rather have 2003 with all the bugs ironed out, than 2003 SE with a whole load of new ones :?

Lets hope that 2nd Edition 2003 is a version with the bugs ironed out hence its release!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Colonel Trouble

La la laaa not listening .. my mpx200 arrived a few days ago la la laaaa No new phones for a wee while yet la laa *sings distracting paranoid song*

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.