MPx100

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest refnulf

Well, all my life I've used candy bar phones and there's no real feature difference between the mpx100 and mpx220 cept for it's design and I think this time I might just try the clamshell version.

Of course, all I want atm is the mpx and buying any of these phones really depends on when they are released. If mpx100 or mpx220 comes out first, then I'll get the mpx220 but if the mpx comes out before the mpx220 then I might not get the mpx220 at all.

But whatever the case, all three mpx?? phones are gorgeous and feature rich.

Guest haso0on
Well, all my life I've used candy bar phones and there's no real feature difference between the mpx100 and mpx220 cept for it's design and I think this time I might just try the clamshell version.

Of course, all I want atm is the mpx and buying any of these phones really depends on when they are released. If mpx100 or mpx220 comes out first, then I'll get the mpx220 but if the mpx comes out before the mpx220 then I might not get the mpx220 at all.

But whatever the case, all three mpx?? phones are gorgeous and feature rich.

MPx100 has a 1.3 MP camera, the 220 doesnt

Guest martin
MPx100 has a 1.3 MP camera, the 220 doesnt

The MPX200 has a 1.2 megapixel camera according to the technical specification document on the Motorola website.

Here's the full spec details from the document :)

Motorola MPx100

Tri-band GSM; GPRS

Dimensions 4.5 x 2.0 x 0.9 inches; 114 x 50 x 22 mm

Size 106 cc

Weight 4.58oz; 130 g

Battery Talk Time: Up to 450 minutes**

Standby: Up to 200 hours**

Display Vivid color display (176 X 220)

Features

• ActiveSync Synchronization (Local & OTA)

• Packet Video Player

• Integrated 1.2 megapixel camera with triple “super bright” flash

• Real-time connectivity (Bluetooth®, IrDA, MMS, Email, VPN)

• Mini SD expandable memory slot (up to 512MB)

• Professionally installed Car Kit support

• Bluetooth® Wireless Technology

• External Wi-Fi (via external accessory)

• 64MB Flash ROM

• 32 MB SD RAM + Mini SD

• MPEG/WMA Video

• MP3 and MP3 ringtones

OS / Applications

• Microsoft Windows Mobile™ software

• Windows Media Player (MP3, WMA streaming*, local music, and video)

• MSN Messenger (Instant Messaging) and Wireless Village

• Pocket Outlook (Contacts, Calendar, Tasks & Unified Inbox)

• PIM Sync

• Pocket Internet Explorer (XHTML Basic, CSS, javascript™, WML 2.0, WAP 2.0, cHTML, XML (limited), XSL, SSL

Guest martin
say what? the mpx220 ain't gonna have a 1.3 megapixel camera? WTF, why not? Why 1.2 and not 1.3? This is news to me.

Were talking about the MPX100 here and that the Technical specification on the Motorola site has the MPX100 and MPx listed with 1.2 megapixel cameras.

As for the MPX220 we don't really know yet as the official specifications have not yet been released by either Motorola or the network providers. It all seems to be hush hush :-$ We do have snippets of information but we don't know how accurate they are. Only time will tell :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest haso0on

i've sent moto an email asking them about the MPx100, and they replyed

it has a 200 Mhz processor, and the phone will be released Q1 of 2005 !!!

Guest squall

tbh those figures are about as reliable as beersoft when bordys buying.

I doubt very much that Customer service would be able to give you that information when moto havent released it to the press yet. We have seen this before (with the mpx220) where a few people claimed to have emails from moto, but they didnt fit together. Id rather wait for official press releases rather than speculating on what CS say.

As for talk of the unknown specs why is there always posts popping up all over the place in different topics when we dont know yet? As soon as we know it will be posted in news, like paul did with the htc C500.

Guest beersoft

squall,

you know we make most of the news up, and some of the time we get lucky and its true...err... sorry i thought i was jacket then :s

later

Owen

Guest haso0on
As for talk of the unknown specs why is there always posts popping up all over the place in different topics when we dont know yet? As soon as we know it will be posted in news, like paul did with the htc C500.
if you dont belive it, here is the email...

Sent :  Thursday, June 17, 2004 4:00 PM  

To :  "'..:..::. Hassan .::..:..'"  

Subject :  RE: MPx100  

|  |  | Inbox  

Dear Hassan,

Thank you for your email and interest in the Motorola MPx100.  I can confirm that we expect the handset to be available early in the new year and that the processor speed is 200MHz.

Kind regards

Una Kent

Guest refnulf

I'm with squall on this, when it's released with the official specs, we'll all know about it. It'll be on the front page :D

till then, all the speculation isn't doing me any good. Im having moto nightmares.

Guest Pondrew
i've sent moto an email asking them about the MPx100, and they replyed

it has a 200 Mhz processor, and the phone will be released Q1 of 2005 !!!

Great that it's clocked at 200mhz although it'll be a real shame if it is the XScale processor as suggested elsewhere. It apparently isn't in the same league as the TI processor in the C500.

Guest Pagemakers

Have they amended the file Pagemakers? Because I find no mention of it having 2003 SE. The picture is of WM2003 and the summary just says 2003 Edition (no Second).

Ouch I can't read! I mis-read it. You are correct ir does not say SE. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.