MPx100

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RussellH

Have just spoken to both Orange Upgrades and to my local Orange store. They have both confirmed that Orange will not be stocking the MPx100 at all. It's not even on their list of phones in testing for later in the year. Please let this be wrong!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RussellH

Just spoken to Motorola. Asked them about release date and availability of MPx and Mpx100 on Orange. They confirmed that the SIM free version was unlikely to be released before November / December 2004. Doesn't sound like it'll be available on Orange for the foreseeable future, though this may change as we get closer to the release date.

Guest someone
According to our reliable sources Motorola made the decision to cancel the release of its new smartphone MPx 100. 

Most likely there would appear instead a handset with similar features. 

Besides it is expected that there would be offered new software for the MPx200 under Windows Mobile 2003 at $30 the other week. We’d try to inform you about it later online.

Source: Mobile-Review

Well, that's a pity :cry:

Guest midnight

even if it is true, i would still expect a similar candybar phone to be released by them in the not too distant future, maybe smaller? :D

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Moto would be silly to release a candy bar imho. They have the 220, which desite it's dubious looks will still rock, and imho its no competition to the c500 due to size...

Guest Pondrew

:D

Back on topic: I'm pretty gutted by the suggestion the MPX100 may be dead before it's had a chance. It was (at one point) down to be my next Smartphone, and although the C500 changed my mind over that I'm still annoyed. The more competition and choice we get, the better.

This sucks (if it's true), I'm gonna go sulk! :D

Guest refnulf

This is such a bloody dilemma. MPx isn't going to be decent enough in its first release. MPx220 looks totally inferior to the C500 and the MPx100 is dead and we have no idea where it'll surface.

Geez, what am I going to do? WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?

/me needs help.

Guest RussellH

Totally agree Refnulf. I sent my E200 back months ago because of the bugs etc. Been waiting for an MPx100 or MPx. Even if and when they do get released, there's no guarantee that Orange will supply them. Really don't want any of the other Smartphone alternatives for various reasons. Motorola - if you're reading this forum, please please please can we have the MPx and MPx100 soon? Message to Orange - Please please please can we have them on your network? Thanks!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

To be honest, i think there is no reason for the 220 to not be a fantastic phone (i just don't like its looks ;p), and after the success of the 200 why wouldn't Orange release it on their network? Ok, so Orange are a little unpredictable at times so i may have to eat my words (again) but still, it's been good it the past, surely this is just the natural progression...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.