SPV E200 ROM Update 2.6.5.1 Betatest!

Guest Dumdidum

Guest pisquee

Can you explain in more detail what the problem is why you can't hard reset it.

If you have a new IPSM sent to you, what would you intend to do with it (and how) to fix your phone?

Guest samo123_uk

wow, 3 days battery life sounds great.

lease test it out by playing videos music , using msn , using IE etc etc all the usuall stuff rather than just bt !

When the firmware does come out, how do we update the rom ? (asking now so i knwo when it comes out)

Guest Disco Stu
When the firmware does come out, how do we update the rom ? (asking now so i knwo when it comes out)

Presumably same method as Canary upgrades - download the installer from Orange and run from your PC.

Guest shadamehr

Any date yet? It was buzzing on here a week or two ago (and I don't mean the earpiece), and now its stagnated...

When we gonna see this upgrade then educated peeps?

And Paul, or anyone else that's played with it... Does the new ROM fix the BT headset profile issue, whereby it is reported as a proper headset, and allows profile custimisation, proper ringtones in the headset, and listening to music and videos etc, like I can with ANY other Bluetooth phone, they way it was always MEANT to work?

Please say yes, but I know you are gonna say no - in as much as I am looking forward to slightly better Bluetooth, and better battery life which are killer issues to me, the huge list of other problems reported by users way back on here seem to simply have been ignored...

Guest Dumdidum
will this update mean that it will able to be unlocked to other networks

No, definitly not!

release is end of march / begin april!

Guest shadamehr
will this make unlocking to any network possiable will this make unlocking to any network possiable

Bigtommy - that was already answered for you higher up the board.

The ROM update is the official Orange release. Orange do not, and will not, do anything to make it unlocked to other networks.

For that, until a hack is found for the E200, you need to buy out the remainder of your 12 month contract, and pay Orange £20 for the code.

So take it as read, an Orange update will NEVER do anything to change this aspect.

Guest blewer
Or proper Headset Profile, like with all other phones, so I can liste n to music through a BT headset...?

Paul, any chance of checking this for us?

Guest biffsmash

I'm really more interested in the T9 forgetting the words!!

This to me is a really big problem because the T9 in my phone loses the words i store, at random, sometimes it stays in there for 30 minutes, sometimes they stay in there for a day, but its doing my head in having to keep looking at a draft message with all my words in to be able to type a decent text :)

Please can someone tell orange to fix the T9 because Text(T9) and Phone calls(buzzing handsets) are the main functions of the phone?! :D

bify

Guest v1nn1e

Hopefully the better written bluetooth code will mean the feature of transferring a call to a bluetooth headset will be available. The phone only allows you to transfer the call from the headset to the phone, doesn't allow vice versa.

This is a problem if your headset is off and you answer a call on the phone but then are unable to transfer to the bluetooth device once you turn it on.

Guest gilbertocarlos18

another T9 feature the E200 is badly needing is the ability when trying to type a word not in the dictionary to spell it out like the 7650 does. come on orange, surely you should be able to do stuff that a 2 year old phone could do...

Guest Machinly
another T9 feature the E200 is badly needing is the ability when trying to type a word not in the dictionary to spell it out like the 7650 does. come on orange, surely you should be able to do stuff that a 2 year old phone could do...

u can, the spv will remember any words not in the dictionary which you type in the old fashioned way!

Guest shadamehr

u can, the spv will remember any words not in the dictionary which you type in the old fashioned way!

But then forget them again five minutes later of course, due to the memory bug ;-)