breaking news: mpx200 + wm2003 = YES!

Guest lutzh

Guest chrisc28

Breaking news!!!

Kuala Lumpur, February 27th 2004 - Motorola PCS has pulled off the distribution of the MPX200 smartphones based on Microsoft's Windows Mobile 2003 operating system. Due to "unforeseen" circumstances, the developer exclusive edition of this newly-launched phone has seen a delay in its release. As part of Motorola's efforts to provide quality products and services to its consumers, Motorola has decided delay the launch of this much-anticipated model.

However, the MPX200 consumers' edition smartphone, which comes pre-installed with the proven and critically-acclaimed Windows Mobile 2002, is already launched and can be purchased at authorised dealers nationwide. The recommended retail price is RM2199.

Ok, I'm soooo sorry. I made up the whole news article cos I'm simply too tired to waiting for this great phone to actually hit the stores. Motorola has been teasing the Malaysian consumer with the MPX200, V600, V500 and such since November 2003. While some of the models (V878, V690) are now available on sale, many are still not. I'm gonna check tomorrow if the MPX200 with WM2002/2003 is on sale.....finally.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest awarner [MVP]

The E200 is completely different hardware and bootloader, so if some how you could install it on the mpx chances are you would kill the phone :)

Guest deavod

Both MSMobiles and MPX200.org have seen the 2003 upgrade. Before MPX200.org melted down the posted very specific information about the 2003 upgrade including all the version information in Settings --> About. The upgrade was provided by AT&T at the Mobile Developer Conference in San Franciso.

Given the wide circulation of this information I'd say it's accurate.

Guest ratcom

From what I have just read over at mpx200.org the 2003 rom version is a Motorola/Microsoft version and not a AT&T version! Which must be a step in the right direction for must of us :wink:

Now for someone to prove me wrong :wink:

• 1 month later...
Guest @ngel

I have a simple question as an prior spv user...

If there is a problem... could we be able to downgrade to smartphone 2003?

Is there a rom for the mpx200 on the net...???

If so, mine is the 1.0.35.65!

Which is the last one?

Guest awarner [MVP]

The only rom on the net is a leaked one from motorola, this

rom is actually a prerelease but some US users have used it

with varying degrees of success to unlock their phones to ake them tri-band.

Guest abatis

I have one MPX phone running the moto-generic rom and it works fine, adds mms, the dtmf actually works unlike the the ATT ROM. Do not know if it actually adds the 900 (other than in the menu) I hear that it is phone production specific on the band actually working or not.

Guest @ngel

I have mine 4 days and start crashing all the time...

already my battery lasts two days max...

Hope the wm2003 to be more stable with better battery management...

Guest clacke
I have a simple question as an prior spv user...

If there is a problem... could we be able to downgrade to smartphone 2003?

Is there a rom for the mpx200 on the net...???

If so, mine is the 1.0.35.65!

Which is the last one?

I just pulled a 1.1.20.81 from AT&T yesterday. If you have a maintenace plan on your phone, you might want to force that issue about the caller-id, and your battery that is flaking out all the time. :arrow: :roll:

• 2 weeks later...