Mobistar and Qtek release Voyager updates, WITH SD BUG!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pondrew

There is precedent Drblow to continue supporting the E200 beyond the introduction of the C500.

The Original SPV had two updates during it's lifetime (so far at least!), the second of which came AFTER the E200 was released.

So there's no reason to think the E200 won't receive similar treatment. I'd be amazed if there were no other updates coming the Voyager's (E200s) way :!:

Guest drblow

Odd! Admittedly I have moved fairly quickly from SPV to e100 to e200 - and with each passing device, obviously, pay little attention to whats going on with the previous model ... but I never heard of another update for the SPV, except the one for e100's that came out very shortly after the e200 was released (the one that had become the source of frustration after being delayed for so long). If thats the one you are talking about, I think it was really aimed at the e100 (while also being applicable to the SPV -both SP2002 devices), and there have been no further updates to that device as far as I know. So, if you look at it that way - there has been one update per device in the SPV range. :shock:

Guest luchao18

for those SD cards stop working after a period of time, try using Binarys SP Task Manager to format your SD card.

My Sandisk 128MB(Fat32, Default allocation size, formatted using Sandisk card reader and winxp) once had this annoying problem, now everything works perfectly.

I think it's the allocation unit size that caused the problem. SP Task Manager formats cards using appropriate unit size for Smartphones.

Guest Pondrew
Odd!  Admittedly I have moved fairly quickly from SPV to e100 to e200 - and with each passing device, obviously, pay little attention to whats going on with the previous model ... but I never heard of another update for the SPV, except the one for e100's that came out very shortly after the e200 was released (the one that had become the source of frustration after being delayed for so long).  If thats the one you are talking about, I think it was really aimed at the e100 (while also being applicable to the SPV -both SP2002 devices), and there have been no further updates to that device as far as I know.  So, if you look at it that way - there has been one update per device in the SPV range.  :shock:

I guess it's all how you look at it but before the E100 came out there was the update to 1.3.6 (I think, can't remember and can't check) for the original SPV. Then there was going to be the 1.5 update which eventually was cancelled due to issues with it (although it WAS available outside the UK and from Orange on new phones - I even had my original SPV updated to 1.5 when it was sent off to HTC for repair).

Finally the 1.6 update (which you refer to as the E100 update) was released which included the improvements from the 1.5 update minus the bugs/issues. I'd say it's a bit blinkered to suggest this was only ever intended as an E100 update given how the whole of the original SPV community were waiting for it and seeing as how Orange always advertised it as being for SPV/SPV E100.

Guest drblow
I'd say it's a bit blinkered to suggest this was only ever intended as an E100 update given how the whole of the original SPV community were waiting for it and seeing as how Orange always advertised it as being for SPV/SPV E100.

I know what you mean! & I agree mostly :D I dont really think its blinkered, so much as interpretting the situation differently! :wink:

But at the end of the day, whatever way you look at it, the next update for the e200 will most likely be whenever Orange are forced to release an update for the new C500 (to resolve the many issues it is bound to have :twisted: ). As it will also be an SP2003 device, the update will be applicable to the e200 aswell. That way Orange can seem as if they are continuing to support that product aswell.

But hey, I could be wrong. Doubtful, like - but I'm sure someone told me it had happened before! :D

Guest drblow
But hey, I could be wrong. Doubtful, like - but I'm sure someone told me it had happened before!  :D

Oh a**e! Look HERE. Wouldn't you know it!? :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.