If you can't beat 'em..........

Guest midnight

Guest Pondrew

Yep. Sure enough it seems my posts are duplicated if I use the back button taking ie back to the 'Your message has been posted' screen.

Double post deleted.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest mantrac

I'm coming into this conversation a bit late cause I've been away for a few days...

Referring back to the article that started this thread and the poster's comments about Nokia copying Microsoft...

So, what you are basically saying is that because Nokia's OS will be called second edition (as if MS have trademarked that phrase?!!) and Nokia's new OS will support high resolution screens and different orientations, that is a clear sign of copying from MS?!!!

Mate, I honestly don't know where to begin from...

It is clear to me that you are an end user (at the very end!) rather than anyone with basic knowledge of what features should be considered when comparing something as complicated as the operating system of any computer device.

First and foremost, Microsoft hasnt exactly got the white-knight's reputation when it comes to copying features off other OSs... (erm.... hello Apple!)

Then, the MS Smartphone OS hasn't exactly been a gem itself, especially not compared to Symbian! It's very unstable (much more unstable than most Series 60 or UIQ releases) and basic telephony features do not work properly.

It is also very poorly supported on the hardware front.

As for true OS comparison factors, I'd start from network and protocol compatibility...

The article that you have so kindly pasted on this site, is littered with buzzwords and acronyms the MS Smartphone OS platform can only dream of supporting!

The difference is all in the underlying technology support and the maximum compatibility with emerging standards.

...and your concern seems to be whether Nokia will have a "Start" button on their UI or whether their screens will be oriented horizontally or vertically??

If you're going to compare something as complicated as an OS, please, read a couple of technical articles first and stop bothering yourself with whether the phone has blue-black blinking lights and a triangular screen with a lap-dancing tamagotchi in the middle!

Guest midnight

wow, chill out, the post is meant to be light-hearted, and i guess you dont know me that well if you think i'm just an end (very end) user

whats wrong with a little light hearted conversation between all the totally serious news posts?

and, whats wrong with nokia copying off MS for once? are you telling me that Nokia havent just slightly been influenced by MS's decisions with Second Edition?

Please, theres no need to have a go at me for this post, chill

edit: errr, what features Microsoft can only dream of supporting?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.