MPx200 2003 Upgrade Battery life: I think I have the answer!

Guest PDAZealot

Guest FiReBReTHa
What is the best battery for MPX200?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ANY phone, OEM.

As well as non oems Might not have a safety circuit built in to avoid serious overcharging.

Guest skukwork

I've asked some people about the hard reset and how to do this reset but the answares do far are not very reasuring.

The question is therefor; how do you perform a hard rest for the mpx 200 :?: :?:

Guest bigfootpete

Press the blue key in the centre of the multi-directional pad, and at the same time switch the phone on, it will ask if you want to do a hard reset - which will basically wipe everything and restore the defaults - so make sure you have a copy of everythng you need...

Quick question that someone hopefully has the answer to....if I do a hard reset and then restore my phone from a backup I've done with the Sprite backup for smartphone software - am I basically defeating the purpose of the hard reset?

In other words - am I putting back the problem that causes the poor battery performance when I restore from backup?

Thanks in advance!

Guest skukwork
Press the blue key in the centre of the multi-directional pad, and at the same time switch the phone on, it will ask if you want to do a hard reset - which will basically wipe everything and restore the defaults - so make sure you have a copy of everythng you need...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks!

Hi, i bought my mpx 200 recently, the first few days was great, i play games (emulators gameboy, snes, nes bla bla bla), then i use the external camera, and then i listen to MP3. it lasted 4 days, by the way i am using 2002 rom.

but the terrible things happen when, i apply for GPRS, when i first activate my GPRS, i got G word on top forever, and my batery only lasted 1 and half day after normal usage, no games, no mp3. i heard there is a way to remove the G word, which i am not sure how.

and also the beam u all mention, wat beam?? infrared?? how to deactivate it? is it bcoz of infrared? y battery got drain?

and it is dam irritating with low battery life, have to chage so often and i am mostly not at home. so please help me thanks

Guest ricardo the fish

Hi Ikzq, The G in the middle of the top bar of the screen shows GPRS is active, this drains the battery. What you need to do is turn off the GPRS after you've finished using it.

I know for 2003 you can 'double tap' the hang-up button to exit GPRS, this doesn't apper to work for 2002 (well i've never got it to work) So I turn off GPRS by entering 'airplane mode' and the exiting 'airplane' mode. This turns off GPRS.

hope this helps

Edited by ricardo the fish

Guest awarner [MVP]

'G' in the middle of the screens shows you have GPRS enabled, and not that you are using it. A 'G' in the signal bar shows you are using GPRS.

Do not mistake this for the G on the flip LCD display as this again only shows you have GPRS and not that you are using it.

As for Beam go to Settings\Beam and uncheck the Recieve incoming beams option.

Ermmmm am i using MPX 200??? how come my settings doesnt have Beam option, and what do you mean by air plane mode? i dont have all this settings. This phone is called V700 in malaysia i heard. and it is original and not locked by anything

Can u please elaborate in details on how to turn of the Beam, cause i dont see any Beam command here, and as for the G... u sure it didnt afect my battery life? coz my battery drain like hell after it appears. But tehre is anotehr posibility, coz my phone was send back to Motorola to Fix the GPRS problem in my country, acording to them, the phone doesnt support GPRS in Malaysia, unless they upgrade the software, after the upgrade it does work but the G word appear and the battery SUX

thanks, i really need help, coz i really wan to use my Mp3. i got 1 Ghz of Flash Card and i cant listen to any song in it, coz of batery life.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Strange as the phone should support GPRS as standard, but your battery problem

sounds more like it's due to the update they have applied to your phone.

Aeroplane mode also known as Radio Off\On can be found by pressing the power button breifly or the Home button for a few seconds to bring up the Quick Menu.

hrmmmmm the G word goes off now

anyway, i will try to call back the motorola and check what happen, i think it might be when they did a software update, they dint charge the battery fully, as when i pass to them, it is not fully charged.

ermmmmmmmm now i can confirm the G word is draning battery

this is wat i found out this few days

after the activation of the G word

the battry only lasted 1 day plus plus with min usage

but then ricardo teh fish teach me to destroy the G word

and guess wat, the battery somehow lasted for 3 days, although originally it is 4 days b4 the activation of G word.

but yesterdya somehow i dunno why the G word reappear. and i cant remove it using awarner way. by enabling or diabling airplan mode, it is still there

HELP, i wan back my 4 days battery life!!!!!

Guest awarner [MVP]

Have you tried to just reboot the phone? ie turn if off then on again to remove the G?

You can also ask your network to disable GPRS from your account.

robter the problem is related to the ROM update that motorola did to ikzq's phone and not any ilegal 2003 ROM.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry better i read the hole thread before i post ......

next time :-)

Well, i cant stand it anymore, cause the battery now only lasted 2 mins call, and only half a day standby. so i send it back to motorola again, and they replace the whole battery as they say it is battery faulty. so i guess i will see 1 months later, whether the same problem arise. thanks for helping

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amokduke
Well new battery also died. now i am gonna send back the whole dam phone to tthem and demand a new phone

or else they gonna get it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sad to hear about ur phone.. =/

for my case,

it was fine... did the full charge and the fix and all..

battery life IMPROVE after 2003. phone become faster and less 'slow down'...

only thing is no mms and problem with some wap sites...

Every was fine untill like last week, my phone battery life starts to drop..

some how when I charge, it tend to hover around 80% .

once, I connected it to my usb, and was talking on the phone. the low battery alert came up while it was connected!!

I am thinking if my battery is getting tired... it has been a year..

another idea is that I got this notebook cooler pad recently (1-2 weeks b4 the problem starts) that I think may be draining the power in the usb hub so much that too little power went to my phone.. <= is it possible?

So could anyone give me ideas cause, if the battery is really dying, I will fork up the money to buy a new battery.. (do I have to do the hard rest thingy all over again?)

thanks in advance.

Dylan Lau

Singapore

• 2 months later...
Guest the.gunner
OK... I know this dead horse has been beaten; however, here is what seems to have worked for me regarding the battery drain experienced with WM2003 on the MPX200.

Like everyone, I tried the Charge to 100%, Hard Resets, GSM Fix, No Beam, No Channels, Short Display Timeouts (1 minute), Low GPRS Idle Timeout(5 minutes), and still had the battery drain problem (7+ hours). I keep an SD Card in my device always and yet there were not many posts about how SD may affect this issue. Here is what I tried:

1.) Removed SD Card from phone.

2.) Charge battery by USB to 100% with phone off til 4 solid bars/vibrate.

3.) Flashed phone with the WM2003 with HelloMoto Flower (English).

4.) Immediately after (without powering on or master/hard reset), flashed phone again with the GSM Fix.

5.) Performed Master Reset a.k.a Hard Reset

(Hold Down Blue Action Button and then Power On)

6.) Powered Up Into WM2003

7.) Disabled Beam (Infrared) by Unchecking Option in Settings/Beam

8.) Disabled Channels by Unchecking Option in Settings/Phone/Channels

9.) Set Timeouts to 1 minutes for both Backlight and Display in Settings/Power Management

10.) Set GPRS Idle disconnect to 5 minutes in Settings/Data Connections then Press Menu button and Choose Options.

11.) I make sure double-tap the "End" button when I'm finished with a GPRS (Web/WAP/ATT mMode) session, like another person suggested, and it ends your connection right away rather than waiting on the 5-minute idle timeout. You see the small "G" above the signal meter disappear showing you that your session has terminated.

After performing the above steps, I charged phone back to full then began to monitor at 5:30PM. I made a couple of 5-10 minute calls, read stored news with a News Reader, checked Calendar, and primarily left phone in standby. I checked the device periodically and by about 10PM, I was still at 93%. I did not charge it overnight and checked it again at 6:30AM and it was still at about 89% nearly 13 hours later so I am certainly seeing an improvement as I was getting only about 7 hours or so out of it before. And this is coming from someone who tried everything I saw posted here and was having no luck at all and becoming discouraged and planning to move back to 2002.

I figured I'd post my method and results in the hope it helps others. I'll apologize in advance if this has been posted before (many of the steps have been); however, I haven't seen many posts about whether to try update with or without SD card and that may or may not have anything to do with my results.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Mr Tball25,

I've got several problem when flashing my phone with gsmfix firmware... after I've flashed my phone with WM2k3, I continued to flash with the gsm fix file (fyi: my gsm fix file size is 2.006 KB as shown in my file properties)... all section succeded...

1. I charge my phone 100% full and it's vibrate

2. I upgrade to WM2k3 on phone turn off

3. I continued to flashed thegsmfix without unplug the cable

4. I charge my phone again to full condition 100%

5. I do master reset

6. I turn on the phone without sim card (oh yah, I flashed the firmware without simcard and sd card)

7. But it's stuck (or I can said hang???) on Windows Mobile, it's after the Hellomoto Flower scene (does anyone know how to change this??) but on external display it's already found a network and got signal... for about 2 -3 bars.

Does anyone know why this could happen??

Know I'm trying to flash the phone with the simcard on it's place, but I don't want to flash it again with gsm fix...

FYI: I've got MPX 200 ATT Wireless I don't know from which country is my mpx from...

Actually, can gsmfix boost our phone signal??

(sorry for my bad english pronountation)

Guest awarner [MVP]

Go to the master reset screen and select NO then see if the phone will reboot, if not do a full master reset again.

If that does not work then you may have to reflsh the phone again.

Guest the.gunner
Go to the master reset screen and select NO then see if the phone will reboot, if not do a full master reset again.

If that does not work then you may have to reflsh the phone again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oo... gosh.. last nite, i'm reflashing my phone again, starting from windows 2k2 --> 2k3 but, holy sh*t, i forgot to master reset my phone.... so i must repeat the same step again wothout forgotting to master reset again... i do this for almost 2 1/2 hours.. and i do this at 1 in the morning... al least i know... the phone didn't stuck, but i takes a long time for booting... fyi: last night after I master reset my phone (before master reset my phone, i charge my phone until 100% full) i've got another problem, when the ipsm format it's take a long time for about 10 minutes... so i decided to unplug the battery from its place and turn on my phone again.... it's successfully, now (10.55), the battery status is for about 87% since last night (2 in the morning)... so now its for about 8 hour...

Guest awarner [MVP]

After a master reset it will take time to boot the first time as the IPSm is being rewritten. it is not advisable to unplug the battery during this process.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest gorcorps
Hello Mr Tball25,

I've got several problem when flashing my phone with gsmfix firmware... after I've flashed my phone with WM2k3, I continued to flash with the gsm fix file (fyi: my gsm fix file size is 2.006 KB as shown in my file properties)... all section succeded...

1. I charge my phone 100% full and it's vibrate

2. I upgrade to WM2k3 on phone turn off

3. I continued to flashed thegsmfix without unplug the cable

4. I charge my phone again to full condition 100%

5. I do master reset

6. I turn on the phone without sim card (oh yah, I flashed the firmware without simcard and sd card)

7. But it's stuck (or I can said hang???) on Windows Mobile, it's after the Hellomoto Flower scene (does anyone know how to change this??) but on external display it's already found a network and got signal... for about 2 -3 bars.

Does anyone know why this could happen??

Know I'm trying to flash the phone with the simcard on it's place, but I don't want to flash it again with gsm fix...

FYI: I've got MPX 200 ATT Wireless I don't  know from which country is my mpx from...

Actually, can gsmfix boost our phone signal??

(sorry for my bad english pronountation)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe you should leave the sim in the phone, but leave the SD card out. Or, at least put in the sim before you turn on the phone.