C500 Games Compatability List

Guest PaulOBrien

SmartNES

- when you play games with sound there are slowdowns while moving the character (with system sounds on or off, same result)

- when sound is disabled (emulator sounds) the games are working OK

Wolfestein3D

- works ok if you disable the "click" sound (system sounds) when pressing the joypad directions

You can use a joypad direction and other 1 button at the same time (eg: in Wolfestein3D while going forward you can press shoot button; in SmartNES when you are jumping you can press action button). If you try to use more than 1 keypad button it will not work...

Tested on an spv c500

For resources go to: http://www.airfagev.com/downloads.asp

Edited by DSF

Guest Disco Stu

You can't (say) run & shoot at the same time because you need to be pressing 2 buttons.

You'd have to lift off the 'running' key to get the 'shoot' key to function.

Ah yes that one. I read something about that. I thought they would've fixed it by now. That does make playing a lot of games very hard (you'd die very quickly).

What goes wrong? Does it do nothing or only one button actually works?

• 1 month later...
Guest xenophobe

the first keypress that you hold is the only one that works. Any secondary ones won't be recognized.

As for this C500 compatibility thing, The Audiovox SMT 5600 doesn't play some games that will run on the C500. The GAPI implementation has changed a little from one version of 2003SE to this newest one.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest harry4000uk

Hi Lads

I just bought an SPV C500 but the multipress issue renders it shite. It's a shame because this is the only niggle i have with this otherwise fantastic phone. Is there anything that can be done to remedy it?

What about that new spv (the PDA looking one) ?

Does that have any issues

It is annoying but more of a niggle (how can it be a niggle but shite at the same time?) to me. Not a reason to change the phone that's for sure. I've owned the SPV E200 and it's a much nicer phone. The battery life and size are worth the admission alone, even though the E200 doesn't have this issue.

I've only found this an issue on some games. Strangely I can shoot and run at the same time in Doom but can't on the MegaDrive emulator I have.

Guest killerost

Hey!!

This explains why I did so poorly in the golf simulator LINKS! Because you have to press two buttons at once to make the shoot! :D

(Phew, I almost tought I was stupid or something ;))

• 5 weeks later...
Guest dj_sea

does flux challenge for SPV work proply? as i am thinking of buying the full version when i get my c500 in a couple of days, also where can i find picodrive?

does flux challenge for SPV work proply? as i am thinking of buying the full version when i get my c500 in a couple of days, also where can i find picodrive?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Picodrive doesn't work properly with the C500 (i.e - two keys at once) but strangely Doom works fine, weird.

the two key presses at once issue seems to be fixed in the c500 now, i read it on the internet somewhere (coolsmartphone i think)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd really appreciate if you could find out where? I can't find it on Coolsmartphone???

Thanks in advance.

The main problem with Flux Challenge on the C500 is no diagonals imo.

The C500 does allow directions + soft keys to be pressed simultaneously though, so you can steer and boost at the same time.

Redefine picodrive controls to use soft keys for the most commonly used buttons (e.g. jump on sonic) and it should make things easier.

Guest dj_sea

great idea! the flux challenge prob is fine though cos i dont go diaginal anyway. lol. couldent you redifine the d-pad on picodrive to the number keys so that diaginals are possible?? or does the keypad have the problem with two button presses aswell?

Redefine picodrive controls to use soft keys for the most commonly used buttons (e.g. jump on sonic) and it should make things easier.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean please? I ask as I had the same issue I got nice and far in Sonic and then died in a matter of a few seconds because I couldn't jump.

What are soft keys?

Guest dj_sea

the soft keys are the keys at the very top of the key pad that are assinged to the menu options at the bottom of the screen. understand now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sittingduck

:roll: Games I am running on my C500 are:

CELLDOOM with ultimate doom wad

SPVman

Smartchess

Smartwolf (roozbeh)

SPV invaders

spvDUKE3d (roozbeh)

they all run very good ;)

Thinking about getting spvQuake :roll:

Edited by sittingduck

• 3 months later...

The GAPI fix has been available for a long while now allowing most games listed to work fine. Think it's time to let this thread drift into oblivion.

Thread made un-pinned!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alcalina

bounty hunter pinball

brain blocker

crimson fields

eclipse first wave ( i like this very much)

exbuble

interstellar flames

jawbreaker

jetpackjim ( sucks)

microturismo ( very dificult with c500)

mini aquabike

motocross( dont work here)

nethack

pocket minigolf ( dont work)

reboundi

slurp

smart4lign

smartchess

smartello ( go)

snails

snake2

soliteira

tennis addict

tokitori ( my favorite)

turtle madness

worms world party

xrickdangerous ( dont work)

rocketelite gold

i take today PocketSNES - Smartphone Spv

run perfect when i tried run Chrono Trigger, black screen

do you have the same problem with others roms?