media player on c500 has "tss" sound every 10 secs

Guest joelb69

Guest pharma79
I also have the tsst sound in all my mp3/wma, downloaded or created by myself. I am using an i-mate SP3i

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have sent my SP3 to UAE for dust problem and also mentioned the tss problem about 10 days ago , but im afraid they wouldnt do anything about the sound as they still dont recognise it as a known fault.

also sad that SP3i also is defected :D

Will inform you guys if they do anything about it.

having listened carefully for over 24hrs for the tss sound on my phone and reading every 9 pages of previous posts i judge by myself that this is a sound chip problem. it over emphasizes certain instruments when playing files and thats why it produces that 'ptss' sound. i guess i can say this becasue it recurrs depending on the song being played (sometimes every 2 seconds or sometimes every 12 seconds, sometimes none at all). i think new drivers will fix this

Guest shodanjr_gr

I also agree that it probably is not a sound problem. After i got my SD card, ive been listening to a lot of music on the phone and i am sure i get the tsss on most (if not all) of my mp3s.

Guest steeevc

I have an SD card full of WMAs and I get the "tss" sound occasionally as well, I didn't notice it for ages but as soon as I heard it I kept on hearing it... Doh!

Guest spark9990

hello

i reported this problem to orange cos my c500 does the same thing with all file types. They replied saying, do a hard reset, reinstall rom etc. i keep telling em i've done this already but every week i get the same answer from them.

They also say they have never heard of the problem.

has anybody on this forum actually reported it to orange? and who did they report it to? i phone 150(pressed 3, then 2, then 1) reported it as having problems with phone.

i keep telling em to check Modaco to see the scale of the problem, but i think they are a bunch of ideots who dont know whats going on.

Guest ddieter
hello

i reported this problem to orange cos my c500 does the same thing with all file types.  They replied saying, do a hard reset, reinstall rom etc.  i keep telling em i've done this already but every week i get the same answer from them.

They also say they have never heard of the problem.

has anybody on this forum actually reported it to orange?  and who did they report it to?  i phone 150(pressed 3, then 2, then 1)  reported it as having problems with phone.

i keep telling em to check Modaco to see the scale of the problem, but i think they are a bunch of ideots who dont know whats going on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Orange support is telling you they've never heard of the problem that is complete BS :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

I first complained about it back in September 2004.

After many weeks of hearing nothing I chased them up a few times to give me an answer on the problem.

They initally fed me a story that the Mp3 files I was using were too large, but I disputed that saying they are the exact same files that played fine on my original SPV.

Then about a month later, after much complaining on my part, they said there was a fault with the handset and sent me a new one, but of course, the new one had the exact same problem.

I have informed them of this and I have not heard from them since, probably because they have no idea what's going on.

I've really given up on the problem.

The only reason I haven't already pressed them for a switch to a different model is that I'm really keen to get another windows powered phone (although with problems like this, God only knows why!)

If they haven't fixed this problem by the time they release the HTC Magician or a 'problem-free' MPx220, based on prior complaints and their lack of resolution I definitely have a case for them to provide me with another model of phone.

if ur looking to switch, looks like options are limited, spv have problems playing back quality music, motorola dropped its taiwan manufacturers for windows mobiles, who else sells windows powered phones?

Guest steeevc

I was watching a film (DivX) using BetaPlayer on the bus this morning, I had the volume at max because of the noise and I noticed the "tss" noise was plaguing that as well :D

Guest jason76

just recieved a new c500 on care my first one didn't have a tss this one does or maybe only noticed it after reading posts. if any body finds something anoying like this again keep it to yourself :D

Guest pharma79
just recieved a new c500 on care my first one didn't have a tss this one does or maybe only noticed it after reading posts. if any body finds something anoying like this again keep it to yourself :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

me too :P i was doing fine till read this topic and found the tiss bug as an extra "feature" :shock: (surprisingly they didnt charge me for it :D )

Guest ddieter

For those C500 who don't hear the TSS noise, I have a procedure that will enable you to hear it.

First thing to do is obtain a Q-tip swab, normally your misses will have them lying around....if you have no misses....then your mom.

Insert the swab in your ear, twist and then remove. That yellow gunk on the end of the swab, that is ear wax....we want to get that out of there! Continue this procedure until the swab comes out of your ear relatively clean.

Now, put in your earbuds and listen to any mp3 or wma file on your C500. With your new improved hearing, you should indeed now hear the TSS sound....it is there. :cheesy:

Guest Liquidice

i think its the headset! cause, when i listen trough the phone speaker i dont hear "tss". but when i plug in the headset i hear it. im going to buy som nice sony headset and mod them as these. i hope the "tss" dissapears then :D

Guest joelb69
i think its the headset! cause, when i listen trough the phone speaker i dont hear "tss". but when i plug in the headset i hear it. im going to buy som nice sony headset and mod them as these. i hope the "tss" dissapears then  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

changing the headphones wont help. if it was that simple this topic would have been laid to rest a long time ago! the noise is still there on the loud speaker but due to the "tinny" nature of it its difficult to pick up.

i keep returning to this topic (admitidly less and less frequently) in the small hope that some one out there mite have the answer. instead it seems the same ideas and suggestions come up over and over, and the 3 big companys involved dont want to know.

ultimatly i have to say im disapointed with the handset. this not so "smart"phone prides itself on its multi media capabilities whilst at the same time its simple flaw can irritate the user to such an extent that it renders some of its, otherwise excellent apllications, useless.

The other problem of course is when the issue is brought up its not clear whats causing it as there are so many variables coupled witht the fact that it seems such a minor problem that HTC and Orange are quick to shrug it off. well my answer to that is: imagine a dripping tap whilst trying to sleep or the kid thats trowing pop corn in the cinema? irritating isnt it!? The idea of course was to buy a memory card and decent headphones so i could enjoy tv episodes on the bus and have 100's of music tracks to listen to - seems that kid throwing pop corn is everywhere!

just so we dont keep going round in circles, here is a list of the information so far-

The noise is pretty much everywhere on any bit rate in any format

Some handsets do not have the bug (big controvertial one)

Flight mode doesnt help, ruling out network interfence.

Its not on the files themselves

It IS on the default windows media logo/demo

Its not the headphones

The noise does seem to be dependant on the type of music and is NOT on silent mp3s (what does this mean?)

HTC "re flashed my ROM image" and uploaded their own song to test it - it wasnt on their song but when i uploaded my music, it was back. (perhaps then something wrong with my active sync? not the case as you would expect the noise to then be "stamped" on to the files at specific places during the song, where as the noise seems to be able to "move" around the track)

Other applications seem to suffer the same problem (suggesting hardware)

and finally once youve heard it... (big apology on my part)

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this issue and if any more information comes up then post it and hopefully we might reach an end.

Hi,

im using a T-Mobile SDA in germany i think its similar to SP3i. Same prob with that TSS-sound here. :cry:

Im using a 2,5to3,5adaptor with good SENNHEISER MX500 earplugs.

bazzo

Guest spark9990

hi

orange have got back to me twice and on both occasion have repeated the same instruction to me, they keep telling me to hard reset and re install ROM. i keep telling em that i've done it but i dont think they understand. The second time they rang me they told me to download one of their mp3's from "http://ncs." thats all the guy gave and said it should work. i was thinking this guy is an ideot. i just gave up and told him to pass the address of this thread to the dumb technical people so they understand how big the problem really is.

I´m considering getting a C500 but I haven´t really made up my mind yet. Apperently there aren´t any way to get the rid of the hissing sound. But I´m having some problems understanding the volume of this problem. Is the sound so obvious that it makes it "impossible" to listen to mp3? Or do you only hear it occasionely?

I want a small smartphone (like C500-size) which plays MP3 in a somewhat acceptable way. Are there any good alternatives to the C500 then? Even with the hissing sound it seems to be the best alternative for me.

the sound is not obvious if your mind is busy not paying very much attention. heres what im saying: say ur listening to mp3s on the bus, you will hear the tss if your keenly paying attention to the music, listening out for lyrics etc. if youre sat there looking at that cute girl next to you, you wont hear a thing. thats according to me