SIM unlock your C500 /AudioVOX (£20 cost)

Guest florin_m

Guest florin_m

@duncan888 After you input the imei on our web page form, you'll be taken to a new page with the payment (via paypal). Fridays usually paypal is in maintenance so till around 11 GMT, you can't pay us.

@hummelmose

What this have to do with SIMUNLOCK?

Our software runs on PC only. So no need to application unlock your phone.

@hummelmose

What this have to do with SIMUNLOCK?

Our software runs on PC only. So no need to application unlock your phone.

Sorry. I think You misunderstood me.

I HAVE purchased your program, and I have unlocked my sim, but my question was whether your program also disabled the "application lock"?

I know now that it doesn't, and I just wanted to know if it was possible that your program attacked that issue?.

I haven't been able to succeed with Oranges "register" application on their developerpage. That was my issue. But sorry for asking.

Why can I pay just with paypall and not with my creditcard?

I have make an type mistake when making an account by paypal an now cant change it anymore :cry: :cry: :cry:

Are there other sites for unlocking the c500 ???

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

Can somebody post the software so we can unlock it ourselfs?

We already paid for the phone, why do we need to pay for unlocking it? - And by the way the price is out of control!

Anyway, doesn't Orange have a Developer Unlock site for the C500, as they had for the SPV? That was so easy and for FREEEE!

Here the SPV link that I was talking about!

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

Guest awarner [MVP]
Can somebody post the software so we can unlock it ourselfs?
No as florin created and owns the unlock method

We already paid for the phone, why do we need to pay for unlocking it? - And by the way the price is out of control!

Because you are paying to help towards the development costs.

As fo £20 out of control??? cheapskate :roll: create your own method then you can do it for free :)

Anyway, doesn't  Orange have a Developer Unlock site for the C500, as they had for the SPV? That was so easy and for FREEEE!

Here the SPV link that I was talking about!http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

I think you need to get your facts right before ranting m8 that's the

application unlocking not SIM unlocking :roll:

Hi

I have unlocked the C500 PAYG using this s/w and its fine. However, I am confused with respected to the need to certify / decertify the phone. For example, I want to install the opera blue homepage theme and fails on install due to "security".

With this s/w should everything work OK - or are there other things I need to do to run "all" applications.

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

No as florin created and owns the unlock method

Because you are paying to help towards the development costs.

As fo £20 out of control??? cheapskate :roll: create your own method then you can do it for free :lol:

I think you need to get your facts right before ranting m8 that's the

application unlocking not http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock :roll:

LOL another moderator came to his help!!!

sorry got the fact wrong with the sim unlock lock. I guess my SPV came unlocked for free!!! - because I only had to unlock it for apps (using it with t-mobile at the moment)

anyway, give some back to the smartphone community and make it for free! - nobody likes greedy people. :lol:

this is a forum for us not for people who try to make money for something they cracked! - that is in contradiction in itself!

PS: or do you expect to pay the guy who gave you the serial/crack to windows 2000/xp or any other porgram that you have installed on your computer. - think about it and get real :)

Hi

I have unlocked the C500 PAYG using this s/w and its fine. However, I am confused with respected to the need to certify / decertify the phone. For example, I want to install the opera blue homepage theme and fails on install due to "security".

With this s/w should everything work OK - or are there other things I need to do to run "all" applications.

This app will NOT remove the application lock

This may be a little off topic from the main thread, however a few questions:

1. Is the application unlock simply to run applications that have not been purchased - most I have brought refer to my owner name. If the unlock has other benefits can these be listed

2. I went to the orange web site and it will not let me unlock as the phone is not registered. I have an orange PAYG and unlocked using this unlock sim code here. What is the process to register and can I do this now ?

Thanks

Guest boverhuisr

Hi All,

I was wondering what the effect is of Orange's guarantee procedure when unlocking a C500 as explained in this thread.

If my unlocked C500 has a fault (dust for one thing!) , will Orange still fix or replace my unlock C500??

RB

A few questions: do you know / believe that this method for unlocking has the same (internal) result as having it done by Orange? Is whatever is changed by this software something that was intended to disable the SIM lock - or does this software crack something, remove a check, etc? Could there conceivably be any side effects (even if not known now)?

Also - if the lock remains through firmware changes, does this mean that the SIM unlocking uses some area of the phone that is not on the firmware - and is the likely to be the same as Orange use to unlock the phones?

Finally - I was slightly disturbed by the writing on the site about "if you use fraud we have your IMEI". I'm not intending to be involved in any fraud - and so are these being stored? I'm very uneasy about letting someone store my IMEI indefinately - even if you don't (at the moment) intend to do anything bad with them - someone could conceivably get hold of them - so, are they being kept for any length of time?

I appreciate that noone will know / want to give much information about this (especially my first two points) - but I'm just very uneasy about possibly causing problems on a C500 - thanks for any help

Can someone confirm whether this method of unlocking is for enabling other networks SIM card to be used in the phone or is to application unlock the phone.

I don't really need the latter.

Is it a requirement to still pay £20 for the unlock procedure now that the Plus membership is not required ?

Thanks in advance

fidz

I unlocked my C500 last night and managed to boot the phone OK with my Vodafone contract sim. I have since had problems as per the Email I sent to support:

"Last night I paid for the C500 unlock which I have run, I can now boot my phone with a Vodaphone sim in OK but for some reason when dialing some of the numbers in my contact list the call begins then I get three beeps and no dial tone and the call stops, yet most numbers are fine. If I make a number up and and dial it I get the same three beeps, it seems as though the phone isn't recognising some numbers which I know are legitimate numbers. I have run the unlock twice but the peoblem remains."

Basically I can't ring some Orange numbers including the Orange number for the sim which came with my C500, when it's in another phone. Yet my Vodafone contract sim works fine in an unlocked Siemens A55 which was originally tied to Orange. Why the problem with my C500 only???

LOL another moderator came to his help!!!

sorry got the fact wrong with the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock lock. I guess my SPV came unlocked for free!!! - because I only had to unlock it for apps (using it with t-mobile at the moment)

anyway, give some back to the smartphone community and make it for free! - nobody likes greedy people. :lol:

this is a forum for us not for people who try to make money for something they cracked! - that is in contradiction in itself!

PS: or do you expect to pay the guy who gave you the serial/crack to windows 2000/xp or any other porgram that you have installed on your computer. - think about it and get real :)

Surely if someone takes the time to work out a solution to a problem they deserve some reward for their time. If you're not prepared to pay wait for Orange or whoever to make a free version available. If you want a quick solution then someone who cracks the code deserves their reward.

From a non moderator!

hi!

i was wondering if florin or anybody else could tell me if the unlocking procedure works for the imate sp3i too?

i live in sweden and dont want the qtek 8010 (because i think its ugly and the lack of joystick) so thought about ordering the imate sp3i from www.expansys.se but it seems to be network locked :lol:....anyways...if anyone has a answere for me id be greatfull :)

Guest florin_m

Let's start from first questions:

@dambox SIMLOCK mean phone can WORK with ANY GSM card (not working with the 3G sim cards!!!). When unlocking using our service, we "make" the phone to work with ANY sim card, but we DON'T remove APPLICATION lock! So you still need to go true Orange OTA to app unlock it!.

@MaximilianWeisheit

We didn't crack it, we CREATED a unlock method for the phone. So if the cracks for windows or whatever you want HELP you to USE software which you DON'T OWN, we don't do the same thing. WE HELP you to use YOUR OWN PHONE, with ANY sim card YOU want, as it is YOUR OWN phone and you have THE RIGHT to use it how you want!

@dambox

1. App unlock mean you can use ANY UNSIGNED applications

2. Just user your phone on internet for few min and then orange site will recognize you (u can use pass thru connection for that to)

@boverhuisr

As you didn't alter anything in the phone (hardware) i don't see how this will invalidate your warranty.

@PinkPig

The unlocking is 100% safe (is like Orange it will give you the code) So once unlocked, the phone it will be FOREVER SIMUNLOCKED regardless firmware upgrade or whatever.

About your details been stored: MIGsoft (the imei-check) company has signed the DATA PROTECTION ACT, so all your data are safe with us (you can give them a call and check us), and we store this information for just in case some users decide to pay us with fake credit cards or other fraud methods and nothing else.

@fidz71

This will SIMUNLOCK IT not app UNLOCK!! So you can use ANY sim card. To use it NOW you don't need to be PLUS member (that was ONLY for the first WEEK), but is good to be plus member as you support the MODACO community and you have benefits as well (all future unlocks method will be first for MODACO PLUS members)

@red1mp

You already have the answer here: http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=113042&start=60

@namiran

As far i know the qtek is not simlocked, but in case it is, yes, our unlock method work for it too (as is from the same family as C500). Might be different the IMEI class, so when you try to enter the imei on our web site might not accept it, but in this case please email us the IMEI so we can add it to the checks.

Hi, I've tried emailing the support email address, but it bounced back as underliverable - not sure who's end the fault is.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is, will this still work using Windows 98SE, or do you need a more modern OS.

If there's an FAQ somewhere that I've missed, feel free to send me there instead.

Many thanks,

Pete.

Guest florin_m

@Pete On what email address u sending? The Support email is support at imei dash check dot co dot uk. The email system has no problems so i don't know why we don't get your email

About unlocker, you'll need to use WINDOWS XP or 2000.

Thanks for the reply, yes that's the email address I used, don't know what went wrong.

Unfortunately though, I won't be able to use it as I only have 98, so I'll have to keep looking for one SIM-free.

Thanks for your help.

Posted from my XDAII!