SIM unlock your C500 /AudioVOX (£20 cost)

Guest florin_m

Tried to look this up on the forum, but couldn't find a definite answer. Maybe Florin can make this clear:

When clicking on "PayPal pay now" on http://www.imei-check.co.uk, it displays a page on https://www.paypal.com which has two options: one with credit/debit card payment, the other using a paypal account. In any case the money goes to MIGsoft's PayPal account.

Is it possible to pay this way by credit/debit card, whithout actually having a PayPal account?

All my respects goes to Florin! My phone is now unlocked and it's working just fine!

He is a very serious and reliable person. Recomend it from the bottom of my heart :lol:

Guest jamjamjam

yup, works :lol: oh and once youve done it , its pretty easy to see how it works and unlock any others you have for free

Edited by jamjamjam

yup, works :lol:  oh and once youve done it , its pretty easy to see how it works and unlock any others you have for free
Uhm.... so... ehr.... how does it work? :(

Guest scottishdave
yup, works :lol:  oh and once youve done it , its pretty easy to see how it works and unlock any others you have for free

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you saying once you've paid for the first unlock any others after that are free?

Quite simply nothing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I get this from my 4.1.1.4 ROM

Unexpected answer hideclear 650515 "found a sniffer heh :)"

I take this to mean that the Orange guys know about this application and were ready for it.

Another vote for IMEI Check from me. Their application worked fine. The email with the unlock key does get classed as junk mail by Outlook 2003, but can also be downloaded from their website if you lose it.

Customer service is great too. I mailed them with what I thought was problem but was totally my mistake on my part. They were very helpful and prompt replying to my email.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wentworth3
As you know until today (16/09/2004) the C500 unlock was ONLY for MoDaCo Plus members.

NOW ANYONE can unlock their C500. :D

To unlock your C500 please visit http://www.c500-unlock.com/ or http://www.imei-check.co.uk

The process will take 5 min and is 100% safe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just out of curiosity - is the sim unlock (for the Orange/Audiovox smt5600) still part of the Modaco plus member benefits? I did not see this listed among the benefits in the

"MoDaCo Plus: Sign up to a Premium MoDaCo Membership for great benefits!" list

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=announce&f=61&id=2

? Any help would be appreciated?

I'm from Romania and here is the same problem like in Poland, I can't use pay pal.

Is there another method to pay for unlocking a spv c 500.

Thanks

Guest Kittydog16

Ok, i was thinking of getting an Orange spv c500 but i was wondering about unlocking it. As orange don't seem to have any offers on payg for texts i thought i'd rather stick with using o2. But as i have had to do with my phone at the moment it has all these settings that need to be correct for the right network. If i used the site and unlocked the phone when i get it would i have to find the settings and change it all...or would it change it by itself...

Guest dez16v

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to say thanks to Florin and his support team.

I had a bit of a problem trying to unlock my brothers new spv c500, so I contacted the support site at IMEI and was shocked to receive a reply from them at ten o'clock at night !! Anyway after a few emails the support team sussed out that the unlock file that was sent to my p.c. was corrupted when I unzipped it, a simple mistake to make, but when it wont work and you have paid for it, it gets a bit frustrating.

So thanks again, and if anyone else has the same problem as I had, dont go panicking, just email the support team and they will sort it out I am sure.

Cheers !!

dez16v :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pete1909

I've just unlocked my C500, great. I have had 2 people complain that I seemed faint today. Has anyone else had this problem, is there a fix?

Guest tudor
I've just unlocked my C500, great. I have had 2 people complain that I seemed faint today. Has anyone else had this problem, is there a fix?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, no change in sound quality. I don't think it can be related to the unlock anyway.

Guest shaggyguitarist

I have found an attractive offer for a contract with 3g.

Im really not into this video calling stuff, but would simply like to use the 3g voice network on my spvc500.

If I network unlock will I be able to use ny spvc500 on this plan.

The guy in phone shop said that 3g use O2 for their voice, texts, GPRS etc.

I need to know this before I unlock my c500, thanks.

Guest florin_m

THE 3g CARDS IT WILL NOT WORK IN THE SMARTPHONE OR ANY GSM PHONES.

The 3G cards are made to WORK ONLY with 3G handsets.

We study the 3G cards and they have different DIRECTORY structure from the GSM one, and is NO way to make them work in the GSM phones unless you re-write the radio part!

Guest AngelOfRage

I’m not that interested in unlocking the phone, but I would consider £20 overly steep for what is in your own words a “right” of Smartphone user’s.

@MaximilianWeisheit

We didn't crack it, we CREATED a unlock method for the phone. So if the cracks for windows or whatever you want HELP you to USE software which you DON'T OWN, we don't do the same thing. WE HELP you to use YOUR OWN PHONE, with ANY SIM card YOU want, as it is YOUR OWN phone and you have THE RIGHT to use it how you want!

so if we have the "RIGHT" to use it why charge £20 per unlock? Seems a lot for development costs considering a lot of Games and Apps (which id imagine actually need more work putting in) cost less? I can understand that you have seen a niche market and taken advantage of it, but isn't that all you have done, taken advantage of a community built on the fact that people help each other out, it just seems a bit greedy to me. Perhaps you can justify the 20 squid a pop, as maybe thats what people are after instead of "he came up with the idea". sorry if i come across like T%$£ but it doesn't seem you have justified the price very well.

Guest Arisme
HE 3g CARDS IT WILL NOT WORK IN THE SMARTPHONE OR ANY GSM PHONES.

The 3G cards are made to WORK ONLY with 3G handsets.

A 3G card WILL work in a 2G handset if you have a 2G AND a 3G subscription in the card. It depends if your operator is supporting this or not for your subscription ... all non pure 3G operators (Orange for example) should.

Guest squall

the only other way to unlock would be by paying your original network

imei-check make it clear they dont take payment by any other means