Smartphone DopeWars Is HERE!

Guest CodesRaider

Guest gcparris

CodesRaider, are you planning on releasing a new version to fix any of the bugs in the excellant port of the game?

I have only found 3 so far.

1) The message screen isn't always cleared properly when starting a new game.

2) You can clock up and in-ordinate amount of cash by simply going to Bronx. Pressing RIGHT for Finance. Left to borrow £60000. OK. UP to deposit. CANCEL. LEFT to now borrow £1860000. OK. UP to deposit. CANCEL. LEFT to now borrow £57660000. And so on...

3) The scrollbar issue. When scroll up past the top item on any list you don't jump to the last item in the list. Instead it goes to the last but one item instead. A bit annoying!

Gareth.

Guest CodesRaider
CodesRaider, are you planning on releasing a new version to fix any of the bugs in the excellant port of the game?

I have only found 3 so far.

1) The message screen isn't always cleared properly when starting a new game.

2) You can clock up and in-ordinate amount of cash by simply going to Bronx. Pressing RIGHT for Finance. Left to borrow £60000. OK. UP to deposit. CANCEL. LEFT to now borrow £1860000. OK. UP to deposit. CANCEL. LEFT to now borrow £57660000. And so on...

3) The scrollbar issue. When scroll up past the top item on any list you don't jump to the last item in the list. Instead it goes to the last but one item instead. A bit annoying!

Gareth.

Hi Gareth,

1. Can you let me know what are the fields not cleared properly when starting a new game?

2. I don't think this is a bug. Go ahead and borrow as much as you want. But total sum you will have is netted out. So you will still end up with negative total.

3. Yup. I realised that and I couldn't fix it. This might be a Microsoft SDK bug for all that I know. Nothing wrong with the codes. Maybe I am missing something. :shock:

Well OK< I was darn excited about this one being ported to the smartphone. It worked fine and lovely on my mpx200 with wm2003. Love it!

I know its how the game has always been, but is there anyway you can make it an option, so that the game last longer? or maybe goes on forever? lol. I remember playing something similar in my PalmOS days (long ago, cant remember the game's name) its about fighting in space (galaxy?) and i fly around planets buying resources and upgrade ships. that game only ends when I intended to retire...

Guest kisskissbangbang

can someone help me please?

i downloaded the .cab file for DopeWars straight to my SPV WM2002 is there any way i can install it from my phone without using ActiveSync?

Guest CodesRaider
can someone help me please?

i downloaded the .cab file for DopeWars straight to my SPV WM2002 is there any way i can install it from my phone without using ActiveSync?

Open the file using FileManager. Just press the action button on the cab.

Guest topratty

i have tried it on my E100 but it locks my phone up like other people have experienced

i get the first screen andking my=e where i would like to travel and it just freezes on that screen

have you managed to fix this bug

i have played this great game oon the PC and found it highly addictive

would love to play this on my phone

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest testtesttest

im having trouble downloading the file, instead of 160k the file is only 12k big and it wont run (duh =_=)

could anyone post a second link (the 2003 version please)

thanks in advance

• 3 months later...
Guest ympx220

maybe i am an dummie... but i cant figure out how to install .cab files.. i have searched but cant find anything someone please help... i love dopewars.. :-)

Guest agent.m
maybe i am an dummie...  but i cant figure out how to install .cab files..    i have searched but cant find anything  someone please help...  i love dopewars..  :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

welcome modaco. I'll try to explain as simple as possible if you dont understand then I'll give you a few links to read on.

1 place the .cab onto storage card and open with default file explorer or smartexplorer. just think of cab as a sort of zip file for phones ;)

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=58164 try this link if having problems :D

• 6 months later...

installed it on my MPx200, the installation was as smooth as normal ;) i could also open te game but when ive sellected an start location the whole phone hangs.

Guest ntoriosviv

this is a great game to waste some time when you are bored...thanks! what is everyone's high score? mine is around 8.4 million....wish it was real money ;-) i had a question though...when you go to the gun shop to sell guns there is a list of 4 guns and it says the NAME and then S and D....what do S and D stand for...are they important? can you use the guns in hte game to fight the cops? or are they just for buying and selling?

• 11 months later...
Guest kertsman

I know I am digging up a an old thread here, but is there any chance of porting this app to WM5 and for a Landscape device.

I ran it on my Q and it ran fine, but the text is cut off and I am not sure if all the functionality is there.

Thx

Guest nicko75
I know I am digging up a an old thread here, but is there any chance of porting this app to WM5 and for a Landscape device.

I ran it on my Q and it ran fine, but the text is cut off and I am not sure if all the functionality is there.

Thx

Another vote for that here! I remember DopeWars from about 4 years ago in Java on my Siemens SL45, and would love to play it on my M3100

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GoolGaul
Another vote for that here! I remember DopeWars from about 4 years ago in Java on my Siemens SL45, and would love to play it on my M3100

WM5 version would be great!

please please please...

Guest GoolGaul

please please please...

Guest GoolGaul

please please please...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...