Opera 1.2

He he! That's cool! Tell you what, I like the frame around it whatever that is!! :D

As far as what to do now ... well, thats up to you! What do you wanna do? ^_^

The graphite colour is cool, so why not do that to every jpg in the theme (they're all in the Opera folder in your Home folder)? The you can release it as a remix white label!! :P

The frame is from my windowblinds theme

remix white label?!?

Here's another take on it using a "cloud" filter

I'll probably take this approach on it. I'll just have to recolor the text and other screens. I'll probably post in late tonight.

I may try the cloud trick on the original colors too...

opback20021-1.jpg

wow! that looks great! i'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

oh, & the white label thing was just childish dj slang for a limited edition reworking - a bit like this theme. very poor joke indeed! :0)Posted from my SmartPhone!

What is going on with the screenshot in the first post??? :shock: Thats not my skin! :shock: How did that happen? :shock:

@gsr264 - send me a zip file of all the relevant pics & xml for your version of the skin & I'll CAB it up for ya! :wink:

i cannot get the skin to install. i installed it a while ago then it worked fine. i then took it off because the html pages did not work and i couldn't be bothered fixing it. when i tried to install it again,after putting all the plugins on first,it just says failed to install on wyous device!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

original spv

it installed fine the first time, thats why i cant understand it,it just needed the paths for the pictures changing in the xml(couldn't figure out the html bit).

Guest lukeap69

that's the same thing that's happening to me. i can't view the times / dates. the other parts are okay. you really need to change the paths for images because they are defaulted at Storage. it really won't work for SP2002. sigh.

lukeap

Guest lukeap69

yeah that's what i should said. i've already change the paths. the backgrounds are perfectly working now. the clock is the only one left not working. i can confirm that my plugins are working. i installed MSN by midnight and the clocks are working.

regards,

lukeap

well, how does one change the paths with regard the html clock plugin?

of course,i won't be able to try this anyway cos the damn thing won't install!

Ah! OK, so it's the html plugin you're talking about? If you can give me as much detail as possible I can try to help you.

So, it installed correctly the first time, but not since? Are you using the encrypted version (the free one) of the html plugin?

The paths for images would not prevent the theme from installing. On 2002 devices, it might prevent the theme from showing, giving you a 'no valid homescreens ...' error.

Tell me as much as possible about whats happeneing.

right we are then!

i first installed it about two weeks ago. I installed the html plugin, oxios plugins and smartbatt before the ENOpera cab file. Nothing showed correctly so I edited what I could of the xml, which amounted to the paths of the image files. So all on the homescreen was working except for the html screens (I couldnt find where to chnge that in the homescreen xml).

So with the white screen in place of the clock severly annoying me, i removed the whole darn lot (the proper way, through settings remove programs). Cople of days ago, drawn by the smooth lines of the skin ^_^ i thought i'd give it another shot. so again, I installed the html plugin, oxios plugins and smartbatt. when i went to install the homescreen cab it thinks, then says "ENOpera.cab (or whatever its called) failed to install on your device. I've tried this a number of times, still with the same result.

As for the html problem, it the same version I used for MSN skin, and that worked hunky dory.

So Doc, how to fix this one :D

Right OK! Well, as far as the CAB failing to install I have no idea. The only thing I can suggest is to delete any folders related to the Opera theme in the appmgr folder, then re-download the CAB & try again.

It would appear that you are using the ENC cab file for non-plus members, yeah? If that's the case, then you can't edit the xml for it as its encoded (hence ENC in the title). This is because the full RJHtml plugin is a modaco plus benefit, the free one is encoded so as to be uneditable. Thats my fault, I forgot about that when I was making the CAB! :oops:

I'll need to speak to Midnight or RemyJ about that. I'll post a new CAB for 2002 devices as soon as I can manage it. Sorry about the confusion! :?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lukeap69

great, it'e working drblow.

i've installed the ENCOpera.cab, then replaced the home.xml with the new one in the zip file. everything is okay except the shutdown screen where it is directed by the cab file to DataHomeOperaLonghornshutdown1.jpg.

regards,

lukeap

• 1 month later...
Guest rameses

I've tried a few homescreens and themes and this is my fave so far. :)

Just a couple of questions though, on the main screen at the top I have an icon showing a white question mark - I guess this must be trying to link to an app I haven't installed. Can anyone advise how to change this.

Also when scrolling through the contacts list the background image scrolls aswell rather than remaining still, again can anyone advise what I need to do to correct this.

As far as I know I have all the correct plugins installed. I would post a screen shot, but I don't have software installed on my PC to do so.

I should have said I'm running this on a C500 and the problem icon is the 2nd one from the right.

The ? icon will probably be because one of the apps specififed in the xml does not appear at that location in your device. Open the xml file & see what app it is referring to, and change the path if you have the app installed somewhere else, or change the path to another application shortcut you want.

The scrolling contacts image is just something I didn't know how to do before making the cab file. I can do it now, so if I get some free time I'll redo the cab with the necessary settings for the contacts screen.

Glad you like the theme tho! :wink:

Guest iaddict

made it work. :) i have 2002 smartphone. one problem though, on today's date html screen i've only white background (no brushed metal). internet and world time screens are fine. how come?

cool skin!! =D>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.