Eclipse: First Wave - Directors Cut released - C500 OK!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest markhammill

:!:

I've just installed the new orange update on my C500 and now multiple button presses of the keypad aren't supported any more in the new version of Eclipse. Is this the same for everyone or have I mucked it up with sprite backup?

:!:  

I've just installed the new orange update on my C500 and now multiple button presses of the keypad aren't supported any more in the new version of Eclipse. Is this the same for everyone or have I mucked it up with sprite backup?

Yeh, i've noticed this... :?

Guest midnight

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Orange and HTC DO NOT want people to play games on these phones, each revision of the hardware has made the problem worse, and now they are even preventing it with software.

Thats it, I give up, wonder if nokia want some games making ^_^

I still haven't received my email, I've logged into my smartphone.net account to see if the new version was there for download but sadly not.

Mid, can you look into this for me please? my email address is [email protected] and I purchased eclipse on the 24th june from smartphone.net.

thanks

Kevlar

It makes you think that they are doing it on purpose for some weird reason ^_^

How can they break something like that when they are meant to be fixing problems with gaming... :?

Mid, please ignore email request, trawled through my deleted emails and found it. Sending it from ' jonathon smith ' wastn't a very good idea, I get at least 50 junk emails every day from ' joe bloggs ', it just got deleted with the rest! ^_^

Sorry for the confusion, am downloading it now!! ( luckily I still have E200 so may actually be able to play it! :D )

cheers

Kevlar

Guest TANKERx

The presentation of the game is awesome, the games is awesommer and I must say, it rocks!

Now, how sad would I be to ask for the music from the game as an MP3 or WAV to use as a ringtone? ;-)

Apologies for this not quite being the correct thread.

As others I've found that the new C500 update has knocked off all multi keypresses. One exception is running MicroMachines 2 on the Pocket Snes Alpha 1. This is likely explained in the input calls but you can accelerate via the softkeys and steer via the "joystick" controller at the same time.

I suppose that a wait for a phone that lends itself to gaming will ultimately be the best answer.

(Please note that any requests for ROMS will be ignored)

Guest midnight

the c500 was perfectly adequate at playing eclipse with full movement via the keypad until Orange/HTC decided to break it ^_^

(it still is playable, but back to 4 way controls)

Just wanted to say what a great game, I've had it for ages but never got any further than a short way into level 2, and therefore never got to fully upgrade the ships abilities. This is easily the most poslished game for the smartphone, and I appreciate you supporting it long after initial release. Some companies, nAIMing no nAIMs ^_^ , still haven't fixed the sound problems with their games introduced by the release of the E200 1 year ago!.

Looking forward to Kumite ( if the C500 hasn't put you off developement completely! )

Kevlar

Guest Confucious

I don't normally play games (apart from jawbreaker) on my phone but I bought this and it is VERY impresive - well done!

I get a bit further each time I play, I rekon that by about 2024 I should have completed level 1 ^_^

Errrrrrrr....it may be just me over-inebriating or summat, but at the same time as pressing the rocker on Eclipse (only the demo, but very good stuff) I can fire with the keypad (and yes, autofire is off). Other multipress seems pooped on other games though. Am I going mad? :shock: This is post-update BTW.

at the same time as pressing the rocker on Eclipse (only the demo, but very good stuff) I can fire with the keypad (and yes, autofire is off).
I wondered when somebody was going to mention this. I noticed it with Eclipse too.

Also try Doom as it's totaly playable. I can run and fire or run and straff at the same time :? It must be the way it's been programmed.

I think there is still a problem because some games don't work properly but something has definitely changed after the ROM update.

Guest verbetex

Hey,

Has anyone tried this on a 2003 MPx200? I can't seem to get it to run, despite uninstalling everything on the phone and restarting it, the game just quits before its loaded (if you follow).

Soo wanna try this game out!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.