C500 Update available to download from Orange UK!

Guest PaulOBrien

For the orange world settings for a dutch C500 look in the dutch section as they are there to download , plus i phoned orange today and they don't expect an update till december so the choice is yours remember if you update the phone with the uk update and find it screws up the phone orange nl may not replace or repair it :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest chucky.egg
Hello, as I say again and again
You do? I've never heard that before!

BTW: If you read the error message you get from SmartFilter at startup it says the same...

True, it does say that, but I figured that using the CAB file has the same effect...

YOU HAVE TO USE THE PC INSTALLER TO INSTALL SMARTFILTER

OK, one question though... Why?

Why can't I reinstall from the CAB file?

I'll dig out the original installer and give it a go

Thanks for your help :roll:

Guest HurricaneDave

am i missing something here??

i know the c500 has multipress issues but i SWEAR before the upgrade i could use 2 keys together.. on the fixed eclipse i had my keys set ass folows,,

up=8 down=2 left=4 right=6 fire=#

and i COULD use 2 keys together EG: i could use 8+4 for diagonal up/left or 2+# for fireing whilst moving down but now i can only use ONE key at a time so whats up with this?

Guest simontan1

Yep, you got UK settings.

But as I'm using my C500 with sunrise, I don't care if defaults settings are for Orange CH or OrangeUK ^_^

But I think at least sms settings is auto, cause I never configured it and it worked.

For MMS, never sent or received one since my first SPV, so I don't even care to configure it

For GPRS, I have my C500 since 1 week only and I didn't configure it yet

And for CH version ... just checked orange.ch : no news

Hey guys, just bought a C500 from Telepoint Luzern, when I try and run the Rom update I get the following error:

How did you manage to update the Rom, was it painless or did you have to mess around with Activsync or something?

untitled.JPG

Guest Jasonkruys
not that ive noticed, but i wouldnt expect there to be

Not even with this mentioned as a feature of the update?

"Improved browsing/upload speed (changed from GPRS class 8 to class 10)"

Guest pisquee

I have started a new thread in the HTC Typhoon section for posting of new bugs since and/or caused by this update.

My thinking for this, was to leave this thread for install issues and queries, which should save this thread getting stupidly long and confusing as two seperate issues are being discussed (i.e. install issues, bugs)

Guest shadamehr
Me neither. But it does seem to acquire the GPRS quicker (The G that denotes its available)

Aha!

That explains a few things...

Like why my post earlier indicates it slow to find the network, getting the 'G' now before the network...

Maybe it's just the other way round.

Quick to find network.

Guest ulicquel

Hey guys,

Seems like some ppl hav got it working and some havent. Im one of the latter :cry:

Just cant seem to get it to work, and i ve tried it mulitple ways with out much success.

First i try it straight off, and as soon as it changes over to the booloader it disconnects and then i get and error saying to reset and try again.

Then ive tried it from the straight from bootloader but i get andother error.

QUESTION: is it supposed to sync up when it is in the bootloader mode?

cos mine doesnt just makes a noise like it supposed to be connecting and just sits there.

Ive tried switchin off the firewall and disconnecting from the internet, switching the computer off and on again, but no joy there either :evil: really begining to annoy me now :evil:

please help?

Guest ablufia

@ ulicquel

my update worked fine on the third go;

XP

firewall ON

the first two times i ran the .exe, for some reason it shut down activesync, and gave a connect error - i restarted the sync and 3rtd it went straight in.

:?: not sure what you mean by bootloader - but i just started the .exe when autosync had started...

:?::shock: i can't understand how so many people are getting so many differing results - we can't all be doing that much different....

ps. it's not the battery is it ? mine charges through the USB so it was all OK

pps. good luck with it though ^_^

Guest st3ph3n

Update worked fine first time for me. Although it worrying stayed at 99% for about 1/3 of the process. I was bricking it.

However, Sprite Backup broke my Active Sync. After trying the restore many times I eventually gave up, but then Activesync would only ever recognise the phone as a guest. Tried removing sprite but to no avail.

After much faffing I gave up and reinstalled Activesync which cured the problem.

I had hardly any settings anyway. 5 minutes work restored most of them, but it took about 45 minutes to fart about with Sprite and eventually give up.

Guest rikwebb
COPILOT USERS BE WARNED !!!!!

You MUST de-activate the licence before installing the update. Otherwise you cannot licence the app.

I have just done mine and copilot will not let me activate the licence because it thinks it is still registered to another device.

Had to send tech support an email - hope they get back to me soon.

You have been warned

Rik

UPDATE

They have sent me a new code, and all is well.

Very good, very quick customer service.

Rik ^_^

Guest Pagemakers

Before the upgrade I backed my phone up using Sprite V1

After the update I restored the backup but it failed because it said the phone was running different OS versions ^_^

Then I installed Sprite V2 and that fails with the restore also.

Anyone else had the same issues?

Guest Disco Stu

Yep.

Have given up with Sprite for now and reinstalled everything a-fresh.

I had hoped that the new version of Sprite would be able to handle the ROM upgrade as mentioned on their forum but it isn't so.

As Fozzie says above, it's not a good time to be beta-testing a backup / restore tool.

Which of the 3 download links did you use ?

Did you get a Backup Log and if so, did you submit it to Sprite ?

Guest Pagemakers

I used the "For all newer phones such as the Motorolla Mpx220 and (as far as we know) Orange SP2003 phones. "

But I will try the "For all unlocked phones such as those on AT&T" and see what happens.

any idea what the *DesRes option is for?

Guest shadamehr

For the umpteenth time (well second or third in this post actually...)...

Will someone PLEASE post a link to where you get v2.0 of Sprite backup, instead of just keeping talking about ti.

It seriously starting to frustrate me not being able to find it, and people not acknowledgin my posts

(winks)

Anyone...?

Guest philballance

Not sure if anyone knows but it says that if you have version 4.1.1.4 you already have the update.

Well i have version 4.21.1088, is that newer or older?

Guest Ubermonkeys

^_^ First post! Ok so just installed update, had the usual windows heart in mouth moment when at 26% my pc crashed and switched off! just took batt out of phone and restarted it. Second time lucky, install took bout 5mins no probs, not a gamer so can't comment on the fix, and cant really see any difference in GPRS speed but hey! Heres hoping for a mediaplayer 10 update!

Guest Pagemakers
Not sure if anyone knows but it says that if you have version 4.1.1.4 you already have the update.

Well i have version 4.21.1088, is that newer or older?

Look further down the about me page ^_^

Guest Disco Stu

I didn't spot the 'DesRes' option. As I said above, I'll wait till we sort out which version we're supposed to be using before installing it again. I'm a bit less convinced of Sprite's need after this episode !

@ Shademehr : check the Sprite thread in Software - Applications

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.