External Display Hacking ?

Guest wazmo

Guest laskuh
There's a fine point that a lot of people are missing regarding the external display.

As WM2003 doesn't offer native support for external screen systems in flip phones, the Motorola MPx220 had some of it's external screen properties controlled by the ArcCaller ID and such programs. You should notice that killing this program disables the use of the external screen as a camera viewfinder when the phone is closed.

ArcSoft is notorious for producing software that functions like beta versions of themselves, but somehow finds its applications bundled with many Windows smartphones (including the C500). There must be some agreement between the Taiwanese phone makers and ArcSoft. Anyway, my point is, I never find any of ArcSoft's software working properly and this includes the MMS client and the ArcCaller ID program. Plus don't get me started on the Camera software.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats why my external camera viewfinder wasnt working last night!

thank you. hmmmm... i guess ill just put a shortcut to arccaller id. is there a way to also put a shortcut that kills it? i dont mind turning it on whenver im going to use the cam that way. and perhaps someone can write something that will do everything for us and turn it on when closed and off when open? ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest mcoster

Ok, so I modified the reg value from 6000 to 30000. Fine, external display stays on longer. Got tired of it and switched back to 6000. But, now my ex displ stays on just as long as using the 30000 value. It still (after reboot) says 6000 in the registry, however.

Anyone got an idea how this can happen and how I can restore the 4-5 sec timeout of the ext displ?

Thanx

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nashcom

You guys have got to help me get rid of this scrolling T-Mobile Get More.. Thing I have on the external display now(after updating ROM). Oh I get more alright.. I "get more" irratated everytime I see it scroll by. :) There has got to be a registry hack no?

Guest ThaMATRiX
I have seen that thread, it is not on point - the thread is talking about changing the image on the outside screen.  I am talking about changing the information that appears there (i.e., name, carrier, date, time, etc.).

If there is another thread out there, I am more than happy to look at it.  However, I have searched and have not found anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i also disabled arccallerid from starting on day1 of having the phone... now when someones calling i see a name, and what it is (mobile,home,work,etc) instead of a blue head with a name.

Guest onlydarksets
i also disabled arccallerid from starting on day1 of having the phone... now when someones calling i see a name, and what it is (mobile,home,work,etc) instead of a blue head with a name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, but I want to change what is displayed normally - not what happens when someone calls. For exampe, show the number of appointments for the day, or simply put my name on it (other than creating a graphic file with my name).